Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
19m a year can be more preferable to clubs than receiving the full whack in one go.

VanGaalEra

19m a year can be more preferable to clubs than receiving the full whack in one go.
Especially in these times, but as my post above I think Dortmund want it guaranteed no add one but they’re not fussed over how much up front.

Hoof the ball

Why is it so funny? Arent all transfers paid out over the duration of a contract?
Thats what I dont understand about this. It seems like its what it should be anyway?
Yes, transfers are usually paid over the duration of a contract, but the initial downpayment on the first instalment is never so paltry as this one, and usually it's over few amount of years, like say two or three.

Tiber

Its not just missing Sancho the world class player that bothers me, its what it represents.

We overachieved last year and had a chance to finally build up some momentum. Instead we have stood still while the teams around us improved. Its not just City and Chelsea, but Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool have all shown more ambition than us this summer. Fecking Arsenal

Fooza

It's not that the 19m per year is laughable.

that deal doesn't pay the full amount Dortmund want, even in installments. It also has add ons which I thought Dortmund didn't want.

Zoo

Yes, transfers are usually paid over the duration of a contract, but the initial downpayment on the first instalment is never so paltry as this one, and usually it's over few amount of years, like say two or three.
Isn’t that what Liverpool have done with Jota? There is a global pandemic going on.

Greck

Feel like Dortmund would be satisfied to sell at a lower price to anyone other than us. They must know all the bids we have floated no one else will match but are still ready to refuse unless we cave on that extra 10%. This is ridiculous and we should honestly move on in situations like this but there's no guarantee we don't waste that money elsewhere

davidmichael

If we’re offering them a fee over five years then just offer the full asking fee of €120 million which is €24 million a year or better yet do it over four years at €30 million a year and were likely to get the player who’s been our number one target for TWO years.

It’s very fecking clear that Dortmund aren’t budging and the closer it gets to deadline day the less power we have in negotiations and we’ll either just pay exactly what was asked before the deadline of over a month and a half ago or we won’t get the player at all, all this pathetic posturing and hoping Dortmund would blink first is a joke.

We should have just said to Dortmund “look we know you want €120 million and in one go or over two years but we can’t do that, we’ll pay what you want but over four or five years” then once it was completed we’d have had two months to move Romero, Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Pereira and possibly Lingard all on top recoup around £60-£70 million but we’re without doubt THE WORST major club in football over the past six or seven years at buying and selling players and negotiating full stop.

SATA

Just to add on, Arsenal paid 75M for Pepe last year all in installments for over five years i think. Big transfers are always paid in such a way

Acquire Me

Isn't almost every big football transfer paid per year? I doubt PSG sent £200 million directly to Barca for Neymar.
Exactly, in a perfect world you would get everything up front, but that’s not the case most of the time. Instalments are normal when doing big deals, even small ones. That said, if you get a deal like that said Sancho deal, you would be very liquid for years to come and you could reinvest the same amount with no problem at all.

LoneStar

This will be a long season even if we get Sancho.. this is like Mourinho's 3rd season..
I do not think we will get top 4...
If we get Sancho, there are no excuses for top 4. We’d have added a wc player in a position which desperately needed it and signed a good backup for Bruno/Pogba.

cyberman

Are you sure? I always hear the phrase for the length of his contract when this is brought up.
Even then it cant be that much less upfront. Its still a huge deal.
Isnt that what Liverpool did with Thiago?

Last edited:

SATA

Sancho needs to throw up a fuss now. Or do we reckon we have the ability to make the third and final bid which is the best price we can offer?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just to add on, Arsenal paid 75M for Pepe last year all in installments for over five years i think. Big transfers are always paid in such a way
Didn't we pay the Maguire money in one go or have I made that up? Pretty sure the Mbappe money was paid full whack too?

swred

Right that’s it, Friday night in, beer in hand, kebab, pizza & chips ordered & the flight tracking begun.
I’ve been in all along, but now it’s on like donkey Kong.
Fellow muppets assemble, were in for a hell of a weekend!

Tiber

Right, what the feck does this plane deal mean?! If it was used in the VdB negotiations then is it safe to presume that this is actually us?
I doubt we are the only company in the UK that pays for flights from that airline. It could also be a claim totally made up by that twitter account.

Or Sancho could be on a Megabus from Luton to Carrington right now. Who knows?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Isn't almost every big football transfer paid per year? I doubt PSG sent £200 million directly to Barca for Neymar.
I think that’s a bad example because paying a release clause effectively means you must pay it upfront iirc

But yeah, almost all transfers are in installments and with add ons, that’s the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.