Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustanoid

We’re the biggest village idiots in the global transfer market if we don’t see this through

Traub

We also briefed like this when it came to Griezmann and the Atletico transfer ban...

Rolaholic

We also briefed like this when it came to Griezmann and the Atletico transfer ban...
Griezmann rejected us though and resigned with Atletico.

Took them for mugs the next year too when he forced a move to Barca :lol:

Rolaholic

I don't recall, but did we ever get a lower price after that report?
It was reported at the time they were holding out for 80m with add ons included, they ended up selling for around 46.5m initially with 20m in add ons so around 66m total

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looks like we might see about that 10th of August deadline after all.

M4YON

It was reported at the time they were holding out for 80m with add ons included, they ended up selling for around 46.5m initially with 20m in add ons
I think the discrepancies in 80 to 46.5 +20 on bonuses there was the conversion of € to £.

Womp

idiot
No point in panicking this early in the window or you won't last the course
Doubt it'll go much longer tbh. The consensus for a while now has been that Dortmund have no intention of budging from their 120 valuation and that United are unwilling to pay that in full. Regardless of the conclusion, I see all parties wanting to come to a conclusion soon, it would benefit all parties. I've just seen these briefs all too often, Griezmann was another example, which usually lead to us scuppering the deal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I bet Romano don't get shit from any other fans nearly as much as he does from United ones

Are there bigger transfer muppets in Europe than us?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't know, I mean the club clearly brief the press for a reason.
We literally do it every time a week or 2 before we announce a transfer. It probably won't happen by the end of this week like some were hoping at first, but honestly I'm not worried at all. Can only see him coming here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I said it a few pages back, but it's always the same with a big signing that we make.

There's a flurry of tweets, posts and media stories of how it's imminent, then it totally freezes for a while, before finally going through.

Patience is all we need.,

Infestissumam

Romano and friends doubling down. Pretty easy to see through our strategy, but I doubt those briefs will do a whole lot. Dortmund won't bring that price down, they've talked about those 120m so often that they really can't lower the price without looking bad.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of lies and pure conjecture that gets spat out by people in transfer season.

Sky were reporting, and I use the term reporting, loosely, that it was almost done the other day and now tonight's article is the complete opposite.

Switch to Twitter and the swathe of attention seekers with just about any thing you want to hear.

When hes unveiled it'll be done. Until then I wouldn't be getting too excited lads.

You've all been down this road before

Fooza

I bet Romano don't get shit from any other fans nearly as much as he does from United ones

Are there bigger transfer muppets in Europe than us?
He;s also getting quite a bit of hate from rival fans that he's just updating on Utd :lol:

el3mel

It's our usual negotiation tactics to threaten to walk away if the price is not dropped. This will still get done no worry. We won't actually "walk away". Either BVB will drop the price or we'll splash the full 120m on him at the end like Maguire's deal.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's an interesting decision from Dortmund. Probably know that we will eventually crumble and pay more than we should do in the current market. Only team in for him and in a pandemic where money is definitely not flowing (100m losses spoken about already)

He wouldn't be worth more than 50m next summer with only 1 year left on his deal.

Fooza

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of lies and pure conjecture that gets spat out by people in transfer season.

Sky were reporting, and I use the term reporting, loosely, that it was almost done the other day and now tonight's article is the complete opposite.

Switch to Twitter and the swathe of attention seekers with just about any thing you want to hear.

When hes unveiled it'll be done. Until then I wouldn't be getting too excited lads.

You've all been down this road before
Sky are terrible, they will follow foreign and then british journos. No wonder they look so unreliable. At least BBC aka simon stone will just stick to his mouthpiece from the clubs and they stay one sided. Romano and other foreign journos will soon take over all these as number 1 - just hoping they right.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That Romano the chancer.

Infra-red

Romano and friends doubling down. Pretty easy to see through our strategy, but I doubt those briefs will do a whole lot. Dortmund won't bring that price down, they've talked about those 120m so often that they really can't lower the price without looking bad.
They will if they genuinely think we're in the process of moving on to other targets, rather than simply briefing friendlies in the media - I'd expect to hear something along those lines (ie the pursuit of a different RW target) soon.

MetoTTT

It's an interesting decision from Dortmund. Probably know that we will eventually crumble and pay more than we should do in the current market. Only team in for him and in a pandemic where money is definitely not flowing (100m losses spoken about already)

He wouldn't be worth more than 50m next summer with only 1 year left on his deal.
Hazard was sold 100mil € with 1year left to Real.

Rolaholic

That Romano the chancer.
Romano quite literally does that though :lol:

He'll say it's close or soon when it's still in the works and then his trademark 'here we go!' once he's had it confirmed,not before

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We literally do it every time a week or 2 before we announce a transfer. It probably won't happen by the end of this week like some were hoping at first, but honestly I'm not worried at all. Can only see him coming here.
I think if it happens it’ll be this week. It looks to me like we’re trying to use the deadline Dortmund have set against them - I think we’ve agreed to pay 100m euros and to give them add-ons such as ballon d’or and CL for the rest. They want the additional 20m euro to be guaranteed. So we’re threatening to walk away - hoping the fact they want this done quickly as indicated by their own deadline works in our favour. Hence the unlikely to be done by Monday stuff, despite the fact we’re in daily negotiations. This also fits in with what kicker reported earlier about the deadline no longer being fixed, Dortmund are now saying it isn’t important to call our bluff.

All that makes perfect sense to me. What doesn’t make sense is us saying Sancho wants too much money.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Odds are Fjortoft and Romano are both just copying from Bild, making one source look like three.

Status
Not open for further replies.