Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chelsea’s biggest and likely costliest concern will be finding a centre forward worth a damn.

beingshe7don

Chelsea’s biggest and likely costliest concern will be finding a centre forward worth a damn.
They could be hoping for Icardi to stay put at Inter till Jan and they could get him on the cheap for say 60m

passing-wind

Forget about Sancho and focus on Brooks from Bournemouth. Left footed, Welsh, fast and has experience in the league. Looks far far more promising than James but behind Sancho in terms of being an elite talent.

The club shouldn't put so much emphasis on attaining Jadon when it's such a circumstantial transfer. We would need top four which is by no means a guarantee, we would likely have to fend off competition from a host of top clubs, additionally Dortmund sold Dembele who showed less promise for £135 million, what would Sancho command given he could potentially have two promising seasons as one of the very best teenagers in world football ?

Mainoldo

Forget about Sancho and focus on Brooks from Bournemouth. Left footed, Welsh, fast and has experience in the league. Looks far far more promising than James but behind Sancho in terms of being an elite talent.

The club shouldn't put so much emphasis on attaining Jadon when it's such a circumstantial transfer. We would need top four which is by no means a guarantee, we would likely have to fend off competition from a host of top clubs, additionally Dortmund sold Dembele who showed less promise for £135 million, what would Sancho command given he could potentially have two promising seasons as one of the very best teenagers in world football ?
What does welsh have to do with it. Dembele was just as impressive if not more impressive than Sancho and Barca just received a big check hence the price.

RedDevilRoshi

So apparently looks like he has signed a new contract with Dortmund :rolleyes:

Don’t know how true the reports are.

Litch

Dortmund are a selling club but when they cash in, he's going to be costly.

redshaw

Might've been some clubs still inquiring and Dortmund decided to give him a good deal. He's certainly earned it.

He also has a lot of time ahead and Dortmund could be on decent swing upwards so he could well stay there for longer.

If he really wants to move to the PL next summer he could get priced out now and not be able to move.

Litch

Might've been some clubs still inquiring and Dortmund decided to give him a good deal. He's certainly earned it.

He also has a lot of time ahead and Dortmund could be on decent swing upwards so he could well stay there for longer.

If he really wants to move to the PL next summer he could get priced out now.
Agree. Pogs seen that whilst to sign a lucrative contract initially, can bite you on the backside when you want out...

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Players move after signing deals all the time. Non issue if we want him and he wants to come. No point even discussing this until at least April.

Mainoldo

He got a pay rise. He’s not going to say no. Plus he earned it. I’m sure it’s just added an extra year to what he had before.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
New contracts aren’t always as they seem to be fair. They often make it easier for a player to leave if anything. Unless you know every clause and agreement in there, hard to say for sure what the implications are.

In Rainbows

Why? I would rather get the elite talent who could be here for 10+ years. Sancho is potentially a Neymar level talent. We don't need to compromise. We need to get an elite talent.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He very well could still move next summer but this definitely makes it less likely to happen.

Its a good deal for both parties. Dortmund increase their chances of holding him for longer and gain more leverage in any fee negotiations with other clubs. Sancho gets a big pay raise, effectively financial security for life even if an injury disaster derails his career, and now has a bit less pressure to move next summer if he is not 100% sold on his next career step. He is only 19, if he feels great about starting a new project elsewhere he can move, otherwise he can postpone the decision and stay in a situation that has been fantastic for his career so far.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's got a pay raise for turning United and PSG down to stay another season at Dortmund from I understand from Kajumba's piece in the Daily Mail. I still expect him to move next summer.

Suvvernmanc

Maybe he's told Dortmund that he wanted to leave and they've asked him to give 1 more season? Like what Fergie did with Ronnie in '09
The idea that Rashford and Jesse have become good friends with Sancho through the England links makes me quite confident that Sancho would prefer a move to us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are a definate no in my opinion and with Man city i dont think they would pay the £100m+ that will be needed to get him.

Sancho would get in most teams in the world and would be a massive addition if we landed him. Best talent I've seen for a very long time.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Maybe he's told Dortmund that he wanted to leave and they've asked him to give 1 more season? Like what Fergie did with Ronnie in '09
The idea that Rashford and Jesse have become good friends with Sancho through the England links makes me quite confident that Sancho would prefer a move to us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are a definate no in my opinion and with Man city i dont think they would pay the £100m+ that will be needed to get him.

Sancho would get in most teams in the world and would be a massive addition if we landed him. Best talent I've seen for a very long time.
He is so talented, I assume all the big clubs will try to buy him, not just the English.

Relfy

If he did sign a new contract then it doesn't make any move impossible. Pretty sure Maguire signed a new contract with Leicester last summer.

Would be great if we can get him in to link with Rashford and Martial. Front three with those lads should see us in a good place for a number of years.

Thiagoal

Reports in Germany stating his pay has doubled to 80k a week! Who to believe?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's no way Dortmund are paying him 200k a week IMO. I doubt even Reus is on anywhere near that.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Okay, a lot of wild speculation going on here based on apparently very little. Now I am not sure which media outlets in the UK reported what so I can only base my assessment on German sources which are mostly a Bild report so should always be taken with a pinch of salt. I am inclined to believe them here though.

190k/week. In no hurry to move anytime soon then.
In Germany we don't usually work with this kind of notation so for simplicity I usually multiply by 50 to get the years wages. Not sure if that is supposed to be in £ or € but I guess it should be around €10m. Sancho will most definitely not be getting as much, that would put him among our top four with respect to wages.

He got a pay rise. He’s not going to say no. Plus he earned it. I’m sure it’s just added an extra year to what he had before.
Agree with the first three sentences, he did get a pay raise, reportedly he doubled his wages from €3m to €6m. His contract was not extended.

New contracts aren’t always as they seem to be fair. They often make it easier for a player to leave if anything. Unless you know every clause and agreement in there, hard to say for sure what the implications are.
I am quite certain that no clauses have been added to his contract (especially since the runtime wasn't extended), Dortmund don't grant their players release clauses. That does of course not mean that no verbal agreements may be in place.

Heard it was a payrise and not an extension, so still runs out 2021.
It was a pay raise and not an extension, his contract runs out in 2022.

I doubt Dortmun pays 190k/week. They dont have that kind of money and he just signed a year ago. Whoever wishes to buy him will pay a lot of money though
Of course they could pay that in theory. Hummels and Götze are on contracts paying €10m a year, Reus is at around €12m.

While this is probably closer to the truth than what was stated above I am curious as to where you got that number. I haven't seen any such reports in Germany myself.

There's no way Dortmund are paying him 200k a week IMO. I doubt even Reus is on anywhere near that.
As stated above, Reus earns comfortably more than that, yet they will not pay Sancho as much, at least not without a contract extension.

To sum it all up: Sancho's wages were increased, his contract was not extended, at least to the best of my knowledge. This makes sense since his previous wage of about €3m or 60k/week were quite low and now it is more up to par with his performances. Of course he could be earning quite a bit more but that of course would not come without an extension of the contract. I don't expect that to happen since I also think he will be on the way out next summer but this way there is at least a slim chance. We will see what the future holds.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Think he's made the right move in extending his stay at Dortmund.

Quite clearly there is likely to be a powershift in the Bundesliga again as Bayern's squad is not looking particularly special.

He's young enough not to rush into a massive transfer to a 'super club'.

As an England fan I'm happy. Less so as a United fan, but I'm sure if we get closer to our historic best, he may consider us in the future.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Quite clearly there is likely to be a powershift in the Bundesliga again as Bayern's squad is not looking particularly special.

As an England fan I'm happy. Less so as a United fan, but I'm sure if we get closer to our historic best, he may consider us in the future.
He hasn't actually extended his deal, just got a pay rise as far as we know.

LVGSdive

Garner giving Sancho and Gomes the ball then feeding Greenwood :drool::drool:

With Wan Bissaka tackling everything that moves in behind :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:

RkkMan

He's only gotten a pay rise contract still runs out in 2022

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hardly, means nothing. Maguire signed a new deal with Leicester last summer
Its certainly won't make things easier though.

I think this obsession with Jadon is ridiculous. Our midfield and forward line is in shambles and even if we do manage to make it to top 4, there's absolutely no guarantee that Jadon would want to join us. He might want to go to Shitty or a club who actually compete for trophies.

Under such circumstances I would have rather see us adding wingers now instead. The likes of Pepe, Brooks or Chiesa could have helped our team to actually make it to top 4. Then, if we still think that we need a RW then by all means let us sign Jadon.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I think this obsession with Jadon is ridiculous. Our midfield and forward line is in shambles and even if we do manage to make it to top 4, there's absolutely no guarantee that Jadon would want to join us. He might want to go to Shitty or a club who actually compete for trophies.

Under such circumstances I would have rather see us adding wingers now instead. The likes of Pepe, Brooks or Chiesa could have helped our team to actually make it to top 4. Then, if we still think that we need a RW then by all means let us sign Jadon.
So spend 72m on Pepe as a stop gap? Yeah that's going to have happened isn't it. If you spend that much on someone like Pepe you're committed to going with him for the long haul.

I would imagine the club will have sounded out if Sancho would be willing to come or not as well

Andersons Dietician

Soooo spend 70-80 mil for Pepe or Chiesa then if they aren’t what we really wanted spend 100-120mil the summer after and have Chiesa and Pepe do what?

LARulz

Oh really. That's a bit weird from Dortmund's POV.
They do that a fair bit. Even did that for Lewandowski in his final season even though everyone knew he was going Bayern for free next summer. Just gave him a pay rise

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They do that a fair bit. Even did that for Lewandowski in his final season even though everyone knew he was going Bayern for free next summer. Just gave him a pay rise
Reward for giving them an extra season ;) :keano:

Status
Not open for further replies.