Jamal Musiala

cyberman

Those who go to Man city don't fail.
Maybe a part of the problem is the structure of lack of in the buying clubs
What young players have gone to City though? I wouldn’t even use them as an example over us, we have brought through the likes of Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood and Garnacho in recent years so it’s not as if United are a club that youngsters go to kill their careers.
I’m not talking about German signings, that’s a cliche now. I’m talking about those youngsters who take the league by storm and we’re told they’re part of the next generation of stars.
Don’t take this as a dig at German football or anything but if a club bought every bright young Bundesliga star over the last decade or so they would be hundreds of millions in the hole and nowhere on the pitch.
To me it seems as if they’re being thrown in a bit too early.

gajender

What young players have gone to City though? I even use them as an example over us, we have brought through the likes of Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood and Garnacho in recent years so it’s not as if United are a club that youngsters go to kill their careers.
I’m not talking about German signings, that’s a cliche now. I’m talking about those youngsters who take the league by storm and we’re told they’re part of the next generation of stars.
Don’t take this as a dig at German football or anything but if a club bought every bright young Bundesliga star over the last decade or so they would be hundreds of millions in the hole and nowhere on the pitch.
Sane and he did just fine

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
What young players have gone to City though? I wouldn’t even use them as an example over us, we have brought through the likes of Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood and Garnacho in recent years so it’s not as if United are a club that youngsters go to kill their careers.
Sane was fine, KdB and Haaland are the best in the league
Many of City's signings were bought around 23yrs though

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Musiala is a very good player, clearly. It’s hard to tell quite how good until he moves to England or Spain to be perfectly honest. But he’s looked great at international level, which bodes well. It’s also fair to say that Garnacho looks very good in the PL but doesn’t have enough minutes yet to be compared to Musiala or the others mentioned. But it is also fair to say that if he was at a BL club he’d probably be starting every game and tearing it up to tons of hype.

Pedri is starting for one of the biggest clubs in the world in one of the toughest leagues. So you’d say in development terms, he’s top of the pile.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Musiala is a very good player, clearly. It’s hard to tell quite how good until he moves to England or Spain to be perfectly honest.
We can extend that to players like Lahm Neuer Muller Reus etc who played their entire career in Germany

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We can extend that to players like Lahm Neuer Muller Reus etc who played their entire career in Germany
You conveniently omitted the part where I talked about international performance to misrepresent what I said. So this doesn’t merit much of a response.

cyberman

Sane was fine, KdB and Haaland are the best in the league
Many of City's signings were bought around 23yrs though
Sane ran back to Germany after yet again failing to kick on like the rest. KDB was 24 when he made the move after only spending one season in Germany as a permanent player! Even then that’s almost a decade ago anyway.
Haaland is just an alien.
I’m standing by my point here, if anything the last decade has proven that young phenoms from Germany are usually below their peers from other leagues. I know German clubs aren’t there to develop players for outside Germany but there has to be a balance really.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sane ran back to Germany after yet again failing to kick on like the rest. KDB was 24 when he made the move after only spending one season in Germany as a permanent player! Even then that’s almost a decade ago anyway.
I’m standing by my point here, if anything the last decade has proven that young phenoms from Germany are usually below their peers from other leagues. I know German clubs aren’t there to develop players for outside Germany but there has to be a balance really.
De Bruyne was in Germany for 2.5 seasons, you're obviously being obtuse by trying to specify "permanent" because it doesn't make a difference whether it's on loan or permanent. He's still playing in developing in that league.

Sane was YPOTY in the EPL (failed to kick on :lol:) and in the end was regarded as one of the best youngsters in the world when he left for Bayern. His more direct wing play and attitude generally didn't fit with Pep and City.

There are more examples of youngsters coming to England and settling in just fine, just as there are of youngsters that didn't.

Last edited:

Blackwidow

De Bruyne was in Germany for 2.5 seasons, your obviously being obtuse by trying to specify "permanent" because it doesn't make a difference whether it's on loan or permanent. He's still playing in developing in that league.

Sane was WPOTY in the EPL (failed to kick on :lol:) and in the end was regarded as one of the best youngsters in the world when he left for Bayern. His more direct wing play and attitude generally didn't fit with Pep and City.

There are more examples of youngsters coming to England and settling in just fine, just as there are of youngsters that didn't.
The youngsters that fail does not only have to do with moving from league to league but from club inside a league, too. It is just different to be the big fish in a small club - or to have to fight for your spot in bigger clubs.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Nonense.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
This post makes no sense.

Robbie Boy

What a player.

Another one for Chelsea fans to be sad about.
I always say it; thank goodness we haven't lost the players that Chelsea did. It would tip some of our fans over the edge; as 8 odd years later, the Welbeck thread is still bumped a-few times a season with fans pining for him.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
He has a good range of qualities - pace, vision, dribbling, and solid decision making too for someone his age. He’s also quite tenacious. If he continues on the same trajectory, he’ll definitely be among the best in his position.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What a player.

It's getting to a point where an "ex Chelsea academy" team is better than our actual first team. Not really any decent goalies though.

.............................Goalie
LampeyTomori Christensen Guehi Ake
................................Rice
...................Olise Musiala Mbappe*
.............................Nketiah

Mount
Tammy
Gilmour
Livramento
CHO
Hall
RLC

*He played 1 game for our academy, it counts.

IrishRedDevil

I always say it; thank goodness we haven't lost the players that Chelsea did. It would tip some of our fans over the edge; as 8 odd years later, the Welbeck thread is still bumped a-few times a season with fans pining for him.
We have many fans sad that we sold Fred, so it’s safe to say they couldn’t cope.

Robbie Boy

It's getting to a point where an "ex Chelsea academy" team is better than our actual first team. Not really any decent goalies though.

.............................Goalie
LampeyTomori Christensen Guehi Ake
................................Rice
...................Olise Musiala Mbappe*
.............................Nketiah

Mount
Tammy
Gilmour
Livramento
CHO
Hall
RLC

*He played 1 game for our academy, it counts.
Haha I never knew Mbappe was on trial at you lot.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What a player.

He’s the one exception that most of us don’t bemoan losing because we could do nothing to keep him. He and his family wanted to live in Germany.. I also don’t think he would have developed as well as he has had he stayed. So I’m just chuffed to watch him develop into this superstar he’s become.

That said, I don’t think the Musiala and Chelsea story is over. I think he’ll return home at some point.

Red Star One

He's better than Bellingham
Different players even if they tend to occupy the same space. Musiala better dribbler and just faster with the ball or without it, Bellingham better vision and understanding of the game, a better passer too and this season he’s showing some world class finishing too. Both giant talents, Jude is few moths younger but I think a bit ahead in his development, wonder who has higher ceiling.

mav_9me

I don't know who I like more Musiala or Wirtz...fecking Germany and soon Bayern

tomaldinho1

He’s a unique player, hasn’t really seen much of him until yesterday. Kind of like someone taking Paolo Wanchope who has that leggy ability on the ball and ability to ride challenges and adding the close to the ground Hazard style of running.

saflegend

we should go all in for this lad.
he was massive yesterday…let’s test bayern with a big offer

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He was insanely good last night. Shame he chose Germany really - an England midfield comprised of Rice, Bellingham, Musiala, Saka and Rashford/Foden would have been filthy!!
Under Southgate? Haha you wish

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He’s the one exception that most of us don’t bemoan losing because we could do nothing to keep him. He and his family wanted to live in Germany.. I also don’t think he would have developed as well as he has had he stayed. So I’m just chuffed to watch him develop into this superstar he’s become.

That said, I don’t think the Musiala and Chelsea story is over. I think he’ll return home at some point.
Why would he go to VFB Stuttgart?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Although i like Sané, Gnabry and Coman they are a clear step back from our days with Ribery and Robben.

Musiala and Tel COULD reach their level some day i think. Im still not sure if Musiala is best as CAM or LW and if Tel is best as LW or Striker but im very excited for their future.

Im also curious if and how Musiala and Wirtz will play together for germany (and Bayern :D)