Jamal Musiala

fck

Supports
Bayern
What the feck is this thread
Just the usual BDL vs PLDL battle.
Somebody was saying that Musiala is unproven because he plays in the farmers league and not in the "best league there ever was and ever will be"... and it went downhill from there.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Somebody was saying that Musiala is unproven because he plays in the farmers league and not in the "best league there ever was and ever will be"... and it went downhill from there.
At least we can probably agree that Musiala playing for Bayern is the only positive outcome of Brexit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He is unproven, his 2 goals in 19 European appearances shows he can't hack it outside the Bundesliga yet.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Probably De Bruyne and Kompany more than Ballack. Then off the top of my head there's Lehmann, Hamann, Berbatov, Rosicky, Gündogan, Son, does Van der Vaart count?, then, *ahem* Firmino and Matip, and of course Christian Fuchs. And a PL legend in the making with Xhaka.
Haaland?

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Probably De Bruyne and Kompany more than Ballack. Then off the top of my head there's Lehmann, Hamann, Berbatov, Rosicky, Gündogan, Son, does Van der Vaart count?, then, *ahem* Firmino and Matip, and of course Christian Fuchs. And a PL legend in the making with Xhaka.
Strange that he has not been mentioned but the clear winner is Klinsmann.

footballbite

And what we've seen, and heard, from Greenwood over the last year is way behind everyone bar Benjamin Mendy.
You mean the Benjamin Mendy whose majority of accusers have already been shown in court as liars and subsequently dismissed? Yes, sure.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What the feck is this thread
The reason I don’t like discussing German football on here. The same handful of users exchanging the same arguments time and time again, but getting a bit more aggressive each time.

Righteous Steps

The reason I don’t like discussing German football on here. The same handful of users exchanging the same arguments time and time again, but getting a bit more aggressive each time.
Ignore it, I’m not German but I can acknowledge no English attacker has had the potential Musiala has since Rooney.

Saka Foden Greenwood Sancho at times have looked close, but nah, you just have to watch Musiala a few times to know the type of talent he has is incredibly rare, even rarer than the aforementioned. Dribbling wise after Messi and Neymar he could argue to be the best around at 19, and he’s combined that with goal contributions this season also.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Strange that he has not been mentioned but the clear winner is Klinsmann.
I didn't mention him because he joined the PL from Monaco and played in Italy before that. Also, he's not a bigger PL "success" than someone like Kompany or De Bruyne, and Haaland already has 5 more goals this season than Klinsmann ever managed.

Nick7

He’s a great player and a fantastic talent but of course the scouts on here write him off after one game

KeanoMagicHat

He’s a great player and a fantastic talent but of course the scouts on here write him off after one game
Be funny if Bayern win the next leg 3-0. And to be honest, stranger things have happened in the CL. So many sweeping statements about a player, team and league based off one game.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
He's a brilliant player. Not his best game today. End of story. Anyone trying to construct some other narrative is being silly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would I be correct in saying that despite his good end product in the Bundesliga where Bayern have a stranglehold, in terms of becoming a truly great footballer what Musiala needs to improve on is his end product? Whenever I catch highlights of him (it’s just here and there) his dribbling naturally stands out but he doesn’t come across as a great passer (say like Iniesta was) so he would have to work on his final third work to become a truly top player. And for some reason when I watch him he doesn’t really look convincing in that regard.

Obviously he’s just a kid and his game should develop over time but I’m wondering if that assessment of where he is, is correct.

mav_9me

Would I be correct in saying that despite his good end product in the Bundesliga where Bayern have a stranglehold, in terms of becoming a truly great footballer what Musiala needs to improve on is his end product? Whenever I catch highlights of him (it’s just here and there) his dribbling naturally stands out but he doesn’t come across as a great passer (say like Iniesta was) so he would have to work on his final third work to become a truly top player. And for some reason when I watch him he doesn’t really look convincing in that regard.

Obviously he’s just a kid and his game should develop over time but I’m wondering if that assessment of where he is, is correct.
I have only seen him in Bundesliga where he has had good end product, not sure of the numbers but I remember a few assists and goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Be funny if Bayern win the next leg 3-0. And to be honest, stranger things have happened in the CL. So many sweeping statements about a player, team and league based off one game.
I don’t think Bayern have the fire power for it this season. That too against a side like City. Now have to hope Madrid or Chelsea (urgh) can knock them out.

Dannn411

Hoping he falls out with Tuchel so we can swoop in and snatch him.