Jamal Musiala

KeanoMagicHat

Although i like Sané, Gnabry and Coman they are a clear step back from our days with Ribery and Robben.

Musiala and Tel COULD reach their level some day i think. Im still not sure if Musiala is best as CAM or LW and if Tel is best as LW or Striker but im very excited for their future.

Im also curious if and how Musiala and Wirtz will play together for germany (and Bayern :D)
Musiala could probably be better than Ribery and Robben, has the tools to be one of the best of his generation.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
nothing to laugh about…with new owners in, we should seriously go for him. exactly the type of player we need.
And why would United having new owners make Bayern more inclined to accept an offer?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
nothing to laugh about…with new owners in, we should seriously go for him. exactly the type of player we need.
You are not wrong in your assessment but you are laughed at because Bayern just wont sell him.

Kaos

You are not wrong in your assessment but you are laughed at because Bayern just wont sell him.
And even if they were willing to sell him, I'd be cautious considering Bayern seldom let a player go without a good reason (injury prone, massive nosedive in ability and standards).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And even if they were willing to sell him, I'd be cautious considering Bayern seldom let a player go without a good reason (injury prone, massive nosedive in ability and standards).
He'll have two years left on his deal after this season. Bayern will have get him to sign an extension in the next 12 months to avoid the speculation about his future going into overdrive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably my favourite young player to watch. Ridiculous footballer, love the way he dribbled past players. Impossible to tackle.

There's no reason why he'd leave Bayern pretty much any time in the next 5 years. If he "achieves it all" and wants a move to Real Madrid/Barca or the top Prem team 5 years from now, that's a different matter. Pipe dream until then though.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There's no reason why he'd leave Bayern pretty much any time in the next 5 years.
Not too sure about that. He develops very well but I don't really see Bayern competing for the UCL anytime soon and they can't oay the highest salaries anymore. In general, it will become more difficult for tbem to hold onto their players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not too sure about that. He develops very well but I don't really see Bayern competing for the UCL anytime soon and they can't oay the highest salaries anymore. In general, it will become more difficult for tbem to hold onto their players.
Really? I get that they haven’t been at their best these last couple of years but the field isn’t that strong for them to not have a shot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They're one of the top 3 favourites, yeah they're going through some issues but they get back on track pretty quickly and they're never far away. They have a fantastic squad with great balance pretty much all around.

saflegend

Lad is literally english and we’re still the biggest club in the pl…so don’t tell me there isn’t a possibility for this to happen.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought Bellingham had a higher ceiling but I am not so sure anymore

He needs to play for teams who use an AM otherwise he might get crafted to CM or the wings

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Lad is literally english and we’re still the biggest club in the pl…so don’t tell me there isn’t a possibility for this to happen.
By what measure are United currently still the biggest club in the PL?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
We'll always be the biggest team in the UK, even if we got relegated and spent a decade in the Championship we'd still be the biggest.
Hope this is our pitch to Musiala.

Really though, the "biggest club" thing has to die.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
We'll always be the biggest team in the UK, even if we got relegated and spent a decade in the Championship we'd still be the biggest.
There is only one measure by which ManUtd is the biggest club in England and that is PL title and ironically you have to thank your derby rivals for that otherwise Liverpool would have overtaken you.

acnumber9

There is only one measure by which ManUtd is the biggest club in England and that is PL title and ironically you have to thank your derby rivals for that otherwise Liverpool would have overtaken you.
The only measure? Fans really don’t matter anymore do they? I wonder why sponsors pay so much.

Oh and we’ve finished second to City just as often as Liverpool have.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Well… is he really?
His father is Nigerian
His mother is German (with Polish ancestry)
The family moved to England, lived there for ten years, and then moved back because of Brexit.

So he did grow up in England, but that's about it. Of the four possible countries England probably has the weakest claim to call him one of their people.

next_number_seven

Fan base, attendances, trophies, revenue etc

next_number_seven

Hope this is our pitch to Musiala.

Really though, the "biggest club" thing has to die.
It's true though. It's been true since the 60s. Busby's Babes, Munich disaster, Bobby Charlton, '68 EC, George Best, Robson, Giggs, Cantona, Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo. These are global superstars.

If you travel around the world, you'll meet United fans everywhere. The players say the same when they do preseason tours of places in Asia.

The next few years are vital though as we're slipping towards mediocrity.

Sell club, improve stadium, get recruitment right. We should be signing the likes of Bellingham, Musiala.

Possibly replace ETH with De Zebri.

Ubik

It's true though. It's been true since the 60s. Busby's Babes, Munich disaster, Bobby Charlton, '68 EC, George Best, Robson, Giggs, Cantona, Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo. These are global superstars.

If you travel around the world, you'll meet United fans everywhere. The players say the same when they do preseason tours of places in Asia.

The next few years are vital though as we're slipping towards mediocrity.

Sell club, improve stadium, get recruitment right. We should be signing the likes of Bellingham, Musiala.

Possibly replace ETH with De Zebri.
That's just a United cut of "We Didn't Start the Fire" mate.

Bellingham?! He turned us down when he was at Birmingham City, not sure we're gonna have a bigger chance now he's at Real Madrid.

Anyway, Musiala is good and I am envious of Bayern.

Well… is he really?
His father is Nigerian
The family moved to England, lived there for ten years, and then moved back because of Brexit.

So he did grow up in England, but that's about it. Of the four possible countries England probably has the weakest claim to call him one of their people.
Wait, so he'd still be at Chelsea if it weren't for Brexit? Well well well Nigel Farage, I owe you an apology, I wasn't really familiar with your game.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wait, so he'd still be at Chelsea if it weren't for Brexit? Well well well Nigel Farage, I owe you an apology, I wasn't really familiar with your game.
Obviously unsure if he’d still be at Chelsea, but there was a story that his mum had issues getting a visa so the family went back home to Germany.

Ubik

Obviously unsure if he’d still be at Chelsea, but there was a story that his mum had issues getting a visa so the family went back home to Germany.
Absolute mystery why he'd feel no connection to England, huh!

fck

Supports
Bayern
Well… is he really?
His father is Nigerian

I would disagree. Growing up in a country is more relevant than were your parents are from. At least for most people.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Whatever he is, doing well against United is no metric or means to be blown away by him. Especially when we're not at full strength and additionally so when we're making the likes of Wolves midfielders look like they have anything about them.

Let's see what he produces against better opposition and throughout the CL, especially in the KO stages, and particularly so if they face anyone touted before the game.

His style of play is one of my favourites, but we're not the barometer of anything at the moment, and he would have faced a sterner examination via cynicism if we were, which is where more of what he's potentially about would be on display.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Whatever he is, doing well against United is no metric or means to be blown away by him. Especially when we're not at full strength and additionally so when we're making the likes of Wolves midfielders look like they have anything about them.

Let's see what he produces against better opposition and throughout the CL, especially in the KO stages, and particularly so if they face anyone touted before the game.

His style of play is one of my favourites, but we're not the barometer of anything at the moment, and he would have faced a sterner examination via cynicism if we were, which is where more of what he's potentially about would be on display.
Mate, it's not about that one game. He was a regular starter for one of the best teams in the world last season and had a goal or assist every 90 minutes across all competitions.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
First time I've heard anything about Brexit being the reason he went to Bayern. Him and his dad have joint UK citizenship, it would've been no problem at all for his mum to stay.

My understanding was that his contract was up, Chelsea at the time had a terrible record with integrating young players and he was offered a chance to move home and sign for a monster club like Bayern.

I voted to stay and think Farage is a collosal weapon but I'm not gonna blame him for this.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
First time I've heard anything about Brexit being the reason he went to Bayern. Him and his dad have joint UK citizenship, it would've been no problem at all for his mum to stay.

My understanding was that his contract was up, Chelsea at the time had a terrible record with integrating young players and he was offered a chance to move home and sign for a monster club like Bayern.

I voted to stay and think Farage is a collosal weapon but I'm not gonna blame him for this.
It has been widely reported that Brexit was a motivation for the family to move back to Germany. There probably would have been a way to stay and I don't know any reports going into more detail, but I assume it was a mix of what you said (Jamal not expecting to get into the first team soon) and the family not feeling welcome anymore or something like that.

There definitely wasn't a single reason for his move but several points came together.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Mate, it's not about that one game. He was a regular starter for one of the best teams in the world last season and had a goal or assist every 90 minutes across all competitions.
Evidently, this uptake is about the last game played. He's had a lot of ups and downs and ineffective games, but the thread barely gets bumped.

We're appalling at the moment, especially in midfield, and performances against us have to be measured against that. I saw nothing to write home about in that game because everyone knows about his skill, but in a real game, the cynicism and athleticism he'd experience in countenance would give a true assessment of where he's at or how good a performance it was. Better teams than us will initially contest fairly and athletically, and failing that, will use every cynical trick in the book, inclusive of incessant tactical fouling amongst maybe 4 players taking their turns to have a hack barely resulting in a yellow between them. That's a true measure for the type of player he is, not a game where he's waltzing through a very disorganised, unfit and unimpressive team who haven't a semblance of tactical fouling about them as a collective.

Please understand where I'm coming from, because, as I say, this is my type of player and I've a strong interest in observing his career as well as Wirtz.