Film James Bond is the Worst Spy In the Entire World...

Member 39557

That windsurfing scene and the flipping cars on ice. No thanks.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
No I can't watch it either. I tried, but it's too annoying. Even my eminently wasteable time isn't best spent watching a film I know I hate just to make fun of on my own in a room. It's that bad. I hate it. feck you film!! feck you!!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Just watching The Man with the Golden Gun now. My god, Roger Moore is terrible.

And he just flipped a car whilst jumping over a river. Could have been a cool scene but someone decided that the appropriate sound effect was a bloody kazoo.

narnar

Needs Help
Yea that's probably got something to do with me being fond of it, haven't seen the film in years.

alastair

ignorant
OK, I don't mind admitting I'm a complete James Bond nerd and have seen all the films thousands of times.

I have one question for my fellow nerds. In Moonraker, when Bond is sent to Drax's house in California, the butler, Cavendish, shows him into the room where Drax is playing the piano.

But is he? It looks rather unrealistic and the keys look like they're playing themselves. Is it supposed to be a joke about how Drax is trying to con Bond into thinking he's an expert pianist, or is it just that the actor had no clue of how to play the piano so they pretended he was playing it whilst playing some music to cover it?

Sorry, this is a bit niche.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The trouble with most of you cnuts is that you didn't see these films in the cinema when they were first released. They are silly now but at the time were fantastic. Even the older ones could only be seen at Christmas or on bank holidays and so were big events.

These days the films have to compete with Bourne etc. but back then they were the shizzle and the only game in town.

Mockney

I thought about finding a classical piece that rhymed with "re-entry" so I could say "I think he was attempting (thing that sounds like re-entry) sir"

But I gave up after 2 minutes when I couldn't immediately think of one.

But imagine I did. How funny would that have been?...fecking funny is what. I'm going to give myself 2 smilies just for thinking about it.

:lol::lol:

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
When I first saw Moonraker, the bit where the dogs ignore the steaks and then rip them to shreds when he snaps his fingers had me giggling like mad in the cinema. Dunno why.

Mander

The trouble with most of you cnuts is that you didn't see these films in the cinema when they were first released. They are silly now but at the time were fantastic. Even the older ones could only be seen at Christmas or on bank holidays and so were big events.

These days the films have to compete with Bourne etc. but back then they were the shizzle and the only game in town.
Nah, I love Bond, but Moonraker is just terrible.

I need to watch From Russia With Love again soon. Great film.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think For Your Eyes Only is the best one from that era. The last Roger one with the terrible wig was just awful.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I thought about finding a classical piece that rhymed with "re-entry" so I could say "I think he was attempting (thing that sounds like re-entry) sir"

But I gave up after 2 minutes when I couldn't immediately think of one.

But imagine I did. How funny would that have been?...fecking funny is what. I'm going to give myself 2 smilies just for thinking about it.

:lol::lol:

Rienzi, der Letzte der Tribunen (WWV 49) (Rienzi, the Last of the Tribunes) is an early opera by Richard Wagner in five acts, with the libretto written by the composer after Bulwer-Lytton's novel of the same name (1835). The title is commonly shortened to Rienzi. Written between July 1838 and November 1840, it was first performed at the Hofoper, Dresden on October 20, 1842, and was the composer's first success.

alastair

ignorant
For Your Eyes Only is a fabulous film.

I once heard that at the first screenings of The Spy Who Loved Me, when the amphibious car came out of the water, the entire crowd were in absolute hysterics and giving it a standing ovation.

Bond is incredible. How I love it.

Mander

Any scene involving Sheriff J.W. Pepper was horrible. I'm not a huge fan of the Roger Moore era, the films were a lot sillier.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Any scene involving Sheriff J.W. Pepper was horrible. I'm not a huge fan of the Roger Moore era, the films were a lot sillier.
How dare you! LALD and TMWTGG are awesome and I love JW. LALD is just fantastic fun but incredibly un-PC.

Mander

Hey, as I said, I love Bond - the Moore era just suffered from being a bit too silly at times. Once watched TMWTGG in German, and I can tell you, that definitely wasn't silly. Not zilly in ze zlightest.

alastair

ignorant
LALD is absolutely sensational.

'Just keep on the back of that Rolls and there's an extra 20 in it for you.'

'For 20 bucks, I'd take you to a Ku Klux Klan kook-out.'

There's also the legendary jumping over the crocodile scene, the hook handed man. It's arguably the best Bond film ever.

Mockney

But is he? It looks rather unrealistic and the keys look like they're playing themselves. Is it supposed to be a joke about how Drax is trying to con Bond into thinking he's an expert pianist, or is it just that the actor had no clue of how to play the piano so they pretended he was playing it whilst playing some music to cover it?
I think he was attempting Rienzi sir.

I just thought of that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I bet Waltraute has.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
When I left school I got a job at Madame Tussauds as an exhibition guide, and one evening I was working at a function, and me and this French bloke called Pierre caught a couple of corporate guests having it off in Jack the Ripper's house (weirdos... there were flaps of pretend skin hanging up inside it). Anyway the bloke was like, "Er, we were just looking for the exit", and Pierre goes, "No, I seenk you were loeuking for ze entry."

Only now it occurs to me he actually said, "No, I seenk you were loeuking for Rienzi."

Not that that would have made any sense, mind you. But certainly worth typing all that out nevertheless.

Right, bedtime.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
LALD is absolutely sensational.

'Just keep on the back of that Rolls and there's an extra 20 in it for you.'

'For 20 bucks, I'd take you to a Ku Klux Klan kook-out.'

There's also the legendary jumping over the crocodile scene, the hook handed man. It's arguably the best Bond film ever.
The thing I never got about Live and Let die is when Kanaga peels off his disguise to reveal that he's Mr Big. He looks exactly the same.

Good film though. Baron Samedi and Tee-Hee were great henchman.

alastair

ignorant
The thing I never got about Live and Let die is when Kanaga peels off his disguise to reveal that he's Mr Big. He looks exactly the same.

Good film though. Baron Samedi and Tee-Hee were great henchman.
:lol: Yeh, that's really weird, and hilariously obvious. I don't think there's a person in the world who couldn't have predicted that was going to happen.

On a side note, there were some great one liners in LALD too. The Moonraker one was clearly the best, but I did like:

'What's wrong with a booth?'

'I once had a nasty turn in a booth.'