James Garner

dablem_10

So happy for him, there is long journey for him to get into united squad, he needs experience. But he has the natural ability so i would be glad so much if he made it at Old Trafford.

lysglimt

Scout
From Nottinghamforest.news

If Forest fans didn’t know what to expect from the Manchester United loanee before this match, they’ll have a great idea now.

Garner looked composed on the ball, keen to progress forward and switched the play beautifully on several occasions.

He also showed a willingness to get stuck in on his first start, taking some blows in the process, but everything about his debut suggests he’ll be a good signing.

Varun1

From vital football, a Nottingham Forest forum:

The energy from Garner was a breath of fresh air. Terrible conditions.
I'd have given MotM to Garner. Thought he was quietly very efficient, read the game well, made tackles, interceptions and was decent in the air. Not super technical but looked decent.
I liked Garner, he has great energy and his quick crisp passing is very welcome; I would expect to see more from him when he gets some support in the middle.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

It's worth pointing out that he played well despite Forest playing horrendous, had 40% possession, one shot on goal (which they scored) and somehow won 2-1 (through an O.G).....and if that wasn't enough the field was so bad that it wouldn't have looked out of place on a 90's non-under soil heating field.

red4ever 79

Really happy to see the club move his loan to another club if we wasnt playing. We did the same for Chong. Hope these lads continue to learn and develop.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Nice little highlight reel.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looked good, some of the long passes was good.

Btw video quality and pitch makes it looks like a video from 90s game.
Yeah it's bloody awful, the out of sync audio makes it a classic.

The Urban Goose

Always thought there was a natural synergy with Forest - Clough/Fergie, the Forest way is to play nice expansive attacking football, they also hate Liverpool.

We should have them as our unofficial loan/feeder club.

Nick7

There’s something aesthetically very appealing about the way he hits those cross field balls.

Classical Mechanic

If you look at his stats for the game his defensive stats were very good. His passing stats were poor overall but the pitch was awful. At least they're playing him in his proper position.

YAMS49

Forest under Hughton are a strict double pivot so he'll play there when selected. Issue will be that Colback & the captain Yates are due back very soon & then there's Arter, Sow & Cafu to contend with so he's one of six for two starting positions.

Manoucha09

Promising debut and hopefully a sign of what's to come. His loan spell at Watford wasn't the worst, but the change of manager didn't help. Really hope he can blossom into the deep-lying playmaker we're looking for.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Played 90 mins in a 3-0 win.. any idea how he played?
I must admit, I watched it, being a Wycombe fan too, but can't say I either recognised him or saw anyone in general standing out.
Except for Murray up front.

macheda14

A fair few Forest fans on their subreddit seem to think he’s been a breath of fresh air and is well above their other CMs.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A fair few Forest fans on their subreddit seem to think he’s been a breath of fresh air and is well above their other CMs.
Back playing his best position. Showing what he can do

One fan calling him Andrea Garner

NYAS

I’m just glad he’s been playing so much since he moved there. Hopefully it continues.

K Stand Knut

95 minutes played
34 passes attempted
25 passes completed
8 long passes attempted
4 long passes completed
3 tackles won
2 key passes
1 clearance
1 foul won