James Maddison | Spurs

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maddison would be a cracking Eriksen replacement but he'd cost far too much for Spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well that was my honest opinion on how the players are hyped.

Anyways this is boring, in my very honest opinion, Maddison would walk into Spurs first 11, but they like Arsenal can't afford him.
That's fine, I disagree. See you are capable of just expressing an opinion without firing a comment at fans or clubs. You should do that more often.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a Utd fan :lol: , there's no way he's going to stay at Leicester whether or not they have financial power or not. They aren't competing with the 'big' boys for major trophies. The title winning season was an outlier
He's just signed a new one, so looks like he's staying for another 4 years.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nonsense he would walk into Spurs team and be one of their best players. He’s a good player but would cost far too much.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's fine, I disagree. See you are capable of just expressing an opinion without firing a comment at fans or clubs. You should do that more often.
Well if you are not such a thin skinned poster maybe you wouldn't have problems with posts in rivals forum.

You think on ManUtd forum I should comment on other club fans? That's odd and it's not like I called all Spurs are some cnuts or any abusive words. It's a generic observation and something that can be proved by the posts on caf too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well if you are not such a thin skinned poster maybe you wouldn't have problems with posts in rivals forum.

You think on ManUtd forum I should comment on other club fans? That's odd and it's not like I called all Spurs are some cnuts or any abusive words. It's a generic observation and something that can be proved by the posts on caf too.
I'm far from thin skinned, if I was I'd have left this forum a long time ago. I regularly get a slagging on here and that's totally fine. What I don't like is somebody obviously trying to wind somebody up then making comments about how 'defensive' they get when they challenge them. That is just annoying. I also think you are much better than that and generally I enjoy the banter we have had over the years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm far from thin skinned, if I was I'd have left this forum a long time ago. I regularly get a slagging on here and that's totally fine. What I don't like is somebody obviously trying to wind somebody up then making comments about how 'defensive' they get when they challenge them. That is just annoying.
You should start writing fictional books :D

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Leicester's his level. Not surprised to see him re-sign. I don't see him as being quite good enough for any side with realistic and consistent expectations of winning the league to part with the required money. Wouldn't at all be surprised if there was no real interest from the top 4 of this season, in which case why move?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I cant see him ever leaving Leicester for another EPL club. All the big ones now have players as good or better than him in his favoured roles
you might be right but you also seem to be leaving no room for him to improve beyond his current ability, he's 23 so no where near his peak years

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Very good player but he moved with the tide of Leicester's overall form. He was mint when they were mint and he was ineffective when they started to fall off.

As opposed to Grealish who was in the shit all season with Villa but he took them by the scruff of the neck and refused to let the downward momentum get ahold of him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
had hoped he would join us on a free or reduced price when the contract is running down.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
you might be right but you also seem to be leaving no room for him to improve beyond his current ability, he's 23 so no where near his peak years
I never said he won't improve. I simply highlighted why I doubt he'd move to bigger clubs in England any longee. All the clubs he could have signed for all now have players just like him or better. All about his age. If and only if they move on would he move there. Because I think he is the type you build sides around, Not have as an option off your bench. I won't be surprised if at his peak a continental giant goes for him, for a number of them have up coming vacancies in that kinda role he plays in. Which is unlikely to be the case in England

SATA

His dress sense at the match was absolutely awful yesterday. I was fuming at the camera for panning him for 25 seconds on my telly when all I wanted was to continually watch the match

Suedesi

its exactly why, the people calling the shots at the club think that simply being Manchester United is enough to all but guarantee success instead of doing what it takes with regards to scouting and signing players and appointing a manager that had a track record worthy of the job.

Ther managers press conferences early on were filled with "we're Manchester United" type statements, what you achieved in the past means feck all, they are things to be proud of nothing more, if given the choice between you and another so called big club you won't be the first choice anymore because you have no one running the club that actually has a strategy and when a player sis given the choice of which manager he wants to work with do you really think OGS will cut the mustard?

I would love to hear what Maguire thinks now, not that he'd ever be truly honest about it
I'm pretty sure he'd be chuffed to be playing in the CL mate :devil:

Suedesi

Maddison would be a cracking Eriksen replacement but he'd cost far too much for Spurs.
Are you serious? Bar this season, Eriksen was scoring /assisting close to double figures:

SeasonGamesGoalsAssistsMinutes
19/2020221.091'
18/19358122.772'
17/183710113.226'
16/17368153.167'
15/16356152.942'
14/15381023.137'
13/1425791.982'

Here are Maddison numbers with Leicester, nowhere near.
19/2031632.628'
18/1936772.849'

Plus Eriksen was picked up for $16million, Leicester would ask 5-6 times that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Are you serious? Bar this season, Eriksen was scoring /assisting close to double figures:

19/2020221.091'
18/19358122.772'
17/183710113.226'
16/17368153.167'
15/16356152.942'
14/15381023.137'
13/1425791.982'

Here are Maddison numbers with Leicester, nowhere near.
19/2031632.628'
18/1936772.849'

Plus Eriksen was picked up for $16million, Leicester would ask 5-6 times that.
Yes. Eriksen was a similar age to Maddison when he joined Spurs and Maddison joined Leicester. In Eriksens first two seasons he managed 17 G and 11 A in 63 games using your tables and Maddison achieved 13 G and 10 A in 67 games. That's not far off although Maddison played around 400 mins more.

Spurs came 6th and 5th and Leicester came 9th and 5th. Eriksen was also playing in the better side.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah he is back in that argument with Grealish & Foden again
Thing is, I've never got why Grealish and Foden get mentioned when talking about Maddison because the former two more often than not play as wingers for their club team.

Problem Maddison has is that if Southgate continues with a 523, there's not really a place for him, as he doesn't play on the wing and hasn't quite got the engine to play in a double pivot.

If I was Southgate, and I doubt he'd do it, I'd set up in a 4141

Kane
Grealish Maddison Henderson Sterling
Rice/Phillips
Shaw Maguire Stones TAA
Pope
Possibly Mount in for Henderson against teams we (England) dominate.

Habs

Excellent player, looks like he’s back on track again. Gave a great interview post match, seems to have a good head on his shoulders

Robbie Boy

Back to his best these last few months. And at his best, he lifts the team to another level.

Ekeke

Thing is, I've never got why Grealish and Foden get mentioned when talking about Maddison because the former two more often than not play as wingers for their club team.

Problem Maddison has is that if Southgate continues with a 523, there's not really a place for him, as he doesn't play on the wing and hasn't quite got the engine to play in a double pivot.

Kane
Rice/Phillips
Shaw Maguire Stones TAA
Pope
Exactly. Well... kinda. Maddison did play from the left at times last season so at that point maybe theres some merit, but he's clearly a central player who creates and scores. Especially dangerous from just outside the box where he hit the bar with his left foot against Chelsea

Tapori

Kane
Rice/Phillips
Shaw Maguire Stones TAA
Pope
With Grealish, Sancho, Mount, Maddison, Sterling, Foden/Greenwood Southgate better not Sven it.
I really like the option of Phillips too who often gets overlooked.

We do need a few different type of midfielders though.

Tapori

Haven't watched the game but would sign him purely for that post game interview.
It really showed character and a measured United confidence.

You'd definitely appreciate him more if he was in our squad from our academy.
Still, if a choice between the 2, I'd still go with Grealish.

Special mention to Barnes and Justin who i thought have been really good this season for them too.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Seems to be flourishing now he’s back to full fitness and back to playing as an AM rather than an 8. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad for England as we need 8s a lot more than AMs/10s.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Very charismatic yet down to earth in his interview. Almost the English Bruno
He does speak well and seems to have the right attitude to do well. The kind of attitude we need more of here too. Still wary of him after hearing what he’s like away from cameras.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He does speak well and seems to have the right attitude to do well. The kind of attitude we need more of here too. Still wary of him after hearing what he’s like away from cameras.
What off-field gossip have you heard? I must admit I have not been tuned into his extra-caricular behaviour.

Ekeke

It's from a few years ago.
Yeah of course. My point is I'd rather have someone who shows off to someone than someone who disrespects everyone abiding by lockdown rules by breaking them, like several England players including Grealish have done

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Maddison definitely came across as a bit of a knob when he was younger. Maybe now he’s become a bit more humble as he’s realised his hairline’s going to pot and he’ll be Steven Ireland’s doppelgänger in a couple of years.