James Maddison | Spurs

Lecland07

Will be in the last year of his contract at the end of this season A very good player to look as an option for the future:

12 goals & 8 assists last season. Started with 2 goals and 1 assist in four so far.

flappyjay

Eric needs to go on a revenge tour and save all these comments for when we win. The need for opposition managers, and players, to gloat and stick the boot in annoyed me as much as the losses
Not that Potter was an arse or anything but I really wanted us to put the boot in on Brighton on the opening day as revenge for the 4 nil last season.

GlasgowCeltic

They tried to portray him and Hall as being the only ones carrying the fight to Utd but I thought Maddison was rubbish

cyberman

Not that Potter was an arse or anything but I really wanted us to put the boot in on Brighton on the opening day as revenge for the 4 nil last season.
Look at this shit
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/footbal...ontrolled-the-game_sto8691903/story-amp.shtml
Basking in it. Never seen him go into any detail after other games. Look at how clever I am!
Reminds me of poker player who win a hand and have to talk you through what they thought so every one knows how good they are. It’s petty I know but I can’t stand people trumping their own horn. I’d say the same if Utd managers tries it as well

Ekeke

They tried to portray him and Hall as being the only ones carrying the fight to Utd but I thought Maddison was rubbish
He certainly had some good moments. Winning the 2nd freekick where he was arguably fouled by Casemiro, then got up and asked for the ball, took it on the turn to the left and McTom brought him down. And his freekick that De Gea did well to handle. And was an inch from being perfect.

TsuWave

He’s a United fan, and is a good player. If Leicester are still in this mess come Jan, I think he could be a good addition for us

Conor

He’s a United fan, and is a good player. If Leicester are still in this mess come Jan, I think he could be a good addition for us
I'd rather watch Maguire play AM for us than have this weasel on our team.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
let’s just say my views on Bruno Fernandes are controversial on this forum :wenger:

Why? What has he done? Not really familiar with supposed/potential antics.
on Bruno fair enough if that's your view.

on Maddison he hasn't done anything since being at Leicester even his scandals are nothing drummed up by Durham on TalkSport

Conor

let’s just say my views on Bruno Fernandes are controversial on this forum :wenger:

Why? What has he done? Not really familiar with supposed/potential antics.
I've no idea if he's done anything, he just absolutely loves himself and has an incredibly punchable face.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They said that about Grealish and now he gets minutes England still “lack creativity”. Go figure.
5 goals and 2 assists this season. 12 goals and 8 assists last season. (PL only). Good at set pieces too. He outscores Grealish but Grealish has a 12 assist season.

if we are honest both should be in the squad.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I remember when I preferred Maddison to Bruno when we were looking for an attacking midfielder. Not sad that we got Bruno but Maddison is equally good.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I remember when I preferred Maddison to Bruno when we were looking for an attacking midfielder. Not sad that we got Bruno but Maddison is equally good.
Maddison is better

edcunited1878

England don't have a 10 position...that's part of the issue with a 343. He's been a productive player, who plays behind a center forward or forward line, but ahead of another central midfielder (e.g. Ndidi and/or Tielemans).

Either way, Maddison is a good player. Good age at 25 and has a good head on his shoulders, but does he have the total drive and committment to make the jump and be a key figure in a big club?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He’s not playing as a 10, he’s starting from the right of the front 3 and has been since Dewsbury-Hall broke into the side

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Off topic but how good is the man with the poshest full name in football? How has Kiernan been for you guys? Potential England starter?
He brings much needed energy and physicality to our midfield he’s good enough to play for England especially if the likes of Ward-Prowse get in, in a 433 he’d be a quality option on the left

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Good age at 25 and has a good head on his shoulders, but does he have the total drive and committment to make the jump and be a key figure in a big club?
For what it's worth, the recent feature about him in The Athletic really emphasised his drive, ambition and commitment but they do tend to make every player they write a feature about sound like that.

Judas

Open to offers
He scores a few goals and now everyone loves him again, so classic Caf :lol:

Obviously would be a good signing for a top team, certainly wouldn't mind that being us now his price wouldn't be ridiculous.

Idxomer

Didn't know you could create chances without constantly being wasteful on the ball.

phelans shorts

He scores a few goals and now everyone loves him again, so classic Caf :lol:

Obviously would be a good signing for a top team, certainly wouldn't mind that being us now his price wouldn't be ridiculous.
The only reason he’s still at Leicester is them quoting a daft price to Newcastle all summer

TheGame

How the feck does this guy not even make the squad. Just goes to show how poor Southgate is.
Premier League goal involvements since start of 21-22 season - England players
PlayerGamesGoalsAssistsGoals & assists
Harry Kane45241034
James Maddison42171027
Ivan Toney4117724
Bukayo Saka46121123
Jarrod Bowen44131023
Raheem Sterling3716622
Mason Mount39111021
Phil Foden3614721

GlasgowCeltic

I think he’s just too openly confident for Southgate

And of course we know that for Southgate the no 10 role is a defensive position

Judas

Open to offers
It's not just a few goals is it, look at my post above. The guy has been consistent for a while now.
This thread had been dead over a month. He scored a couple of goals on tv and now people are singing his praises again. That's not me slagging him off, I've always rated him. I'm just laughing at classic Caf reactions.

Skills

Snitch
I think he’s just too openly confident for Southgate

And of course we know that for Southgate the no 10 role is a defensive position
Mates with Grealish as well. Which isn't exactly a glowing character reference

TheGame

This thread had been dead over a month. He scored a couple of goals on tv and now people are singing his praises again. That's not me slagging him off, I've always rated him. I'm just laughing at classic Caf reactions.
I think it's more to do with the England squad announcement to be fair. Which is why his form has then come to light.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Arsenal wanted him didn’t they?

Would have been good in that team they are building even if they don’t need him as much now.