James Maddison | Spurs

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Most naturally talented English 10 I've seen in a while. He doesn't play like a typical English player. Superb dribbling and balance. Very good passing and crossing.
That is the typical English player now though.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
So in the first half, where you had Ndidi, Choudhury and Tielemans on the pitch, where was Maddison playing?
nominally he was our left winger, that was the first time Rodgers has played him there, for the second half and every other game he's been part of a 3 man midfield

marktan

First time I'm actually properly watching him this season and I'm impressed.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He would be a solid upgrade on Mata IMO.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just like in the thread that “we should buy the best English players’’. Both Maddison & Sancho are the two available that we must buy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So your definition of available is a player his club have said is not available
Every clubs will say so to try to keep their best players.

My definition of not available is Kane, Alli, & Sterling.

My definition of available is Bissaka, Sancho & Maddison.

Ekeke

Every clubs will say so to try to keep their best players.

My definition of not available is Kane, Alli, & Sterling.

My definition of available is Bissaka, Sancho & Maddison.
Why Kane and Ali? They'd be gone if someone offered what Dortmund got for Dembele. Dortmund have said Sancho is staying. No reason to sell

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's your typical Lallana/Barkley-esque player. Would be an upgrade on Mata I reckon but is that good enough?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why Kane and Ali? They'd be gone if someone offered what Dortmund got for Dembele. Dortmund have said Sancho is staying. No reason to sell
First, we are talking about English so that’s why I mentioned their names. Second, levy would never sell them to us that easily to begin with. Third, there is no way Spurs will sell Kane with the same price that Dortmund got for Dembélé, Kane should cost minimum initial fee of £200m in levy’s eye plus some adds on.

And what makes you think that Dortmund won’t change their mind or both Sancho & Maddison won’t be gone if we offered what Dortmund got for Dembélé? But you think otherwise, if someone offered the same to Spurs.

Ekeke

First, we are talking about English so that’s why I mentioned their names. Second, levy would never sell them to us that easily to begin with. Third, there is no way Spurs will sell Kane with the same price that Dortmund got for Dembélé, Kane should cost minimum initial fee of £200m in levy’s eye plus some adds on.

And what makes you think that Dortmund won’t change their mind or both Sancho & Maddison won’t be gone if we offered what Dortmund got for Dembélé? But you think otherwise, if someone offered the same to Spurs.
I dont, I think all of those players would be sold for £124 million like Dembele. Maybe Kane would have to ask for a transfer though to push it through

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I dont, I think all of those players would be sold for £124 million like Dembele. Maybe Kane would have to ask for a transfer though to push it through
That sums up my point, both Maddison & Sancho are available as long we can meet the agreement regarding the transfer fees which apply to every club’s best players in this world. Player like Kane won’t be available unless the player himself forcing the club to sell him, and you are insane if you think levy will sell Kane that cheap.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
That sums up my point, both Maddison & Sancho are available as long we can meet the agreement regarding the transfer fees which apply to every players in this world. Player like Kane won’t be available unless the player himself forcing the club to sell him, and you are insane if you think levy will sell Kane that cheap.
You’re assuming we will just tile over and have our tummy tickled!

Why the hell would we sell to you?

Classical Mechanic

He's your typical Lallana/Barkley-esque player. Would be an upgrade on Mata I reckon but is that good enough?
Not really seeing that. He’s much more rounded than either. He had more key passes than any other player in Europe a couple of months ago. At 22 his career is on a promising trajectory. His first season at PL level has been a big success. Barkley has only ever beaten his goal and assist total this season once, by 2 and Lallana only once too, by 1. One of the encouraging things about him is that he’s on the training pitch after hours working on his set-pieces and improving his game.

Not saying we should sign him but I’m not seeing the comparison here.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You’re assuming we will just tile over and have our tummy tickled!

Why the hell would we sell to you?
No. No club will do that.

I’m saying there is a greater chance Maddison to join United than Kane to join United.

dogwithabone

Thought Maguire was very good tonight. A dominant figure, could develop into a Kompany type player if he signed for us.

Andersons Dietician

Reports when he was up on loan in Aberdeen was that he was a complete nightmare and a total Cnut but they are saying the same about Wilson so who knows. Stood out to me the first time we played them early in the season but haven’t seen that much more of him.

Ekeke

That sums up my point, both Maddison & Sancho are available as long we can meet the agreement regarding the transfer fees which apply to every club’s best players in this world. Player like Kane won’t be available unless the player himself forcing the club to sell him, and you are insane if you think levy will sell Kane that cheap.
No I'm not. You have no evidence of Spurs declining an offer that high for him. So you're just making stuff up now

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No I'm not. You have no evidence of Spurs declining an offer that high for him. So you're just making stuff up now
Why are you denying it, you said that Spurs would sell Kane if they got the same offer as Dortmund got with Dembele.

In this market, surely Kane will be sold minimum £200m by levy. It’s not making things up, it’s just the logic show the current market for a player as caliber as Kane.

Ekeke

Why are you denying it, you said that Spurs would sell Kane if they got the same offer as Dortmund got with Dembele.

In this market, surely Kane will be sold minimum £200m by levy. It’s not making things up, it’s just the logic show the current market for a player as caliber as Kane.
What am I denying? I'm saying you have no evidence that Spurs have rejected that amount of money for Kane, so you're just making stuff up based on your imagination and football manager

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What am I denying? I'm saying you have no evidence that Spurs have rejected that amount of money for Kane, so you're just making stuff up based on your imagination and football manager
I said you are insane that you think levy will sell him the same price as how Dortmund sold Dembele.

You are making lazy argument by saying no evidence and football manager imagination instead of trying to have a think about it.

Countinho cost almost £140m but You still see no logic that Levy will put a minimum price of £200m. When you look at how much those non world class players cost around 100m to 150m in today’s market, this is enough evidence to tell you that Kane who is a world class striker will cost much more than Dembele

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Southgate says he wants to play with an Alli type raumdeteur or second striker so he won’t select a number 10 type like him.
Don’t see him being much different than alli at all to be honest. He’s definitely in better form right now also.

Ekeke

I said you are insane that you think levy will sell him the same price as how Dortmund sold Dembele.

You are making lazy argument by saying no evidence and football manager imagination instead of trying to have a think about it.

Countinho cost almost £140m but You still see no logic that Levy will put a minimum price of £200m. When you look at how much those non world class players cost around 100m to 150m in today’s market, this is enough evidence to tell you that Kane who is a world class striker will cost much more than Dembele
You're just fantasizing about your own ability to judge players. One player doesnt cost what they do because someone else was bought for something else. There are far more factors than that.

Their value is what the club will pay for them without giving up. I suspect lots of players would be available for around the £120 million mark. Its a lot of money and very few players have been bought for more than that. I can't think of many examples of where a club has declined £100 million or more for a player. Theres the rumour that Woodward was up for paying £100 million for Varane last summer, but that doesnt mean Real Madrid were given that offer and declined it. And I cant think of another example. Maybe there's 3 or 4 other times that have been confirmed but I dont know them.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Would be quite nice behind a decent striker here.

Sadly we'll neither buy him nor a decent striker.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You're just fantasizing about your own ability to judge players. One player doesnt cost what they do because someone else was bought for something else. There are far more factors than that.

Their value is what the club will pay for them without giving up. I suspect lots of players would be available for around the £120 million mark. Its a lot of money and very few players have been bought for more than that. I can't think of many examples of where a club has declined £100 million or more for a player. Theres the rumour that Woodward was up for paying £100 million for Varane last summer, but that doesnt mean Real Madrid were given that offer and declined it. And I cant think of another example. Maybe there's 3 or 4 other times that have been confirmed but I dont know them.
You are missing the point. We were talking about whether Spurs is willing to let go Kane for the same price of how much Dortmund sold Dembele which is the reason why he’s not available in our list compared to the likes of Maddison & Sancho who are much more achievable.

I make a statement that he will go much higher price but you make statement that Spurs will let him go with the same price of how much Dortmund sold Dembele.

You call my statement that I have no evidence and yet you have no evidence of your own statement. Kane is a world class, Dembele isn’t or wasn’t and that’s why it makes more sense if Kane would have gone more expensive. But you are still live in your fantasy thinking that Spurs will let him go with the sam price as how Dembele was sold.

And knowing how difficult it is to deal with Levy, I even more convinced that he will only let Kane go with record transfer fees. And you should know this if you know how Levy deals with transfer.