James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Moronic post.

We negotiated with Dybala and Erikesen. It's their fault. Not United's.
Why on earth would Dybala and Eriksen swap the CL/Pochs/Sarri for a United on a free fall lead by someone was out of depth even with Cardiff?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We'd be better waiting for him to run his contract down a bit IMO. Only signed a new deal last year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why on earth would Dybala and Eriksen swap the CL/Pochs/Sarri for a United on a free fall lead by someone was out of depth even with Cardiff?
Because they aren't hysteric United 'fans?'

Cliche Guevara

That’s totally irrelevant to the point being made, so no idea why you felt the need to be such a cnut towards your own team at that moment.

Dante

Average bang
Irrelevant to the point.

We're not Brexit FC. We've targetted players from across the world.

devilish

Irrelevant to the point.

We're not Brexit FC. We've targetted players from across the world.
Correction: We've targeted unrealistic transfers from across the world.

devilish

That’s totally irrelevant to the point being made, so no idea why you felt the need to be such a cnut towards your own team at that moment.
cause its the truth. Why would these players leave competitive sides who are well managed to join this mess? I mean if you take Martial and Pogba out of the equation then our team from midfield up wouldn't look out of place in a mid table club. Our coaching staff is worse than that. Apart from Phelan, we've got people at the wheel would would struggle to get a job in the EPL. What experience does Ole, Mckenna and Carrick has as manager/assistant managers? Don't get me started about Woodward and Judge who probably know as much about football as the average guy.

Last edited:

devilish

So not Brexit FC then.
Well, if we want to hide that fact that the only foreign players we were interested in happened to be unrealistic targets then sure, we're not Brexit FC. If you ask me, we've got a situation where our very inexperienced manager would rather trust his mates/his eyes then our scouting team. I don't blame him considering the rubbish they brought to the club in the past 6 years or so. Having said that, this current strategy is unsustainable. We can't rebuilt the team with 3 players at a time

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well, if we want to hide that fact that the only foreign targets we've got are unrealistic ones then sure, we're not Brexit FC. If you ask me, we've got a situation where our very inexperienced manager would rather trust his mates/his eyes then our scouting team. I don't blame him considering the rubbish they brought to the club in the past 6 years or so. Having said that, this current strategy is unsustainable. We can't rebuilt the team with 3 players at a time
Actually you can. Take Liverpool for example they got Firmino first, then a year later Mane, then a year after that Salah. 6 months later they sold Coutinho and signed Van Dijk and then 6 months after that brought in Alisson and Fabinho. From start to finish that was 3 years. What you mean is you as fan aren't prepared to wait that long

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why so negative bro? Liverpool finished 8th just 3 years ago, with a starting eleven featuring the likes of Adam Lallana, Joe Allen, Martin Skrtel & Simon Mignolet.

We just need a few good windows in a row.

Actually you can. Take Liverpool for example they got Firmino first, then a year later Mane, then a year after that Salah. 6 months later they sold Coutinho and signed Van Dijk and then 6 months after that brought in Alisson and Fabinho. From start to finish that was 3 years. What you mean is you as fan aren't prepared to wait that long
Exactly. Selling Pogba could be our selling Coutinho. Great post. Get rid of a world class player who doesn't want to be here, replace with 2 who do.

Brexit FC.
Get a vote sorted, should be leave the EUropa league?

Henderson
Wan-Bissaka. Tuanzebe. Maguire. Shaw

Rice. Mc.Tominay

Maddison

Sancho. Rashford. James
That's actually not a bad side to be fair. Brexit FC would probably finish top 6 :lol:

Last edited:

devilish

Why so negative bro? Liverpool finished 8th just 3 years ago, with a starting eleven featuring the likes of Adam Lallana, Joe Allen, Martin Skrtel & Simon Mignolet.
Liverpool had ambitious owners who wanted to move the club forward, a decent CEO and a top manager. We've got owners who are poorly managing both United and Tampa bay, a CEO whose got no idea about football and a manager whose been underachieving at frigging Molde (he hasn't won the league title for the past 5 years) and had been a joke as permanent manager at both United and Cardiff.

Regarding the second comment. Considering that we lost Sanchez, Herrera and Lukaku then this season we needed 7 signings ie a RB, a CB, a DM, MC, RW, LW and STK. We only bought 3 (RB, CB, LW). Next season DDG (probably on a free) and Pogba will probably leave while Matic will need to be replaced. That means that we would still need to replace 7 players in total. The more time it takes to get back on top the bigger the chance that our best talent will want to leave and the tougher it gets for us to replace them with quality.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool had ambitious owners who wanted to move the club forward, a decent CEO and a top manager. We've got owners who are poorly managing both United and Tampa bay, a CEO whose got no idea about football and a manager whose been underachieving at frigging Molde (he hasn't won the league title for the past 5 years) and had been a joke as permanent manager at both United and Cardiff.

Regarding the second comment. Considering that we lost Sanchez, Herrera and Lukaku then this season we needed 7 signings ie a RB, a CB, a DM, MC, RW, LW and STK. We only bought 3 (RB, CB, LW). Next season DDG (probably on a free) and Pogba will probably leave while Matic will need to be replaced. That means that we would still need to replace 7 players in total. The more time it takes to get back on top the bigger the chance that our best talent will want to leave and the tougher it gets for us to replace them with quality.
Well if De Gea and Pogba were to leave next summer I'm not really sure what talent there is left to worry about tbh

meninred

Maybe Leicester would be a feeder club for us like Southampton has been for Liverpool.

Dante

Average bang
It's a good thing for United if Maddison is behind Barkley and Mount in the pecking order for England. Hopefully it continues right the way through the Euros.

For one thing, being a starting international would increase his price.

For another, we want Maddison to feel like he's being overlooked as a player outside of the top 6. It could give him extra motivation to move to us, hopefully.

devilish

Well if De Gea and Pogba were to leave next summer I'm not really sure what talent there is left to worry about tbh
They'll be very little talent left. Which is worrying because players tend to want to play in a talented team.

meninred

His regular stats are normal but i read somewhere in terms of chances created he is at the top.

Roboc7

Not convinced we can afford him now, unless we continue to neglect other areas of the team. Leicester would make us break our transfer record to sign him and that’s basically over our probable net spend for next summer.

We’re shit so best to accept it and start building a team rather than spending big on one player who will improve us but isn’t top class (which is what we’ve done with Maguire).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not convinced we can afford him now, unless we continue to neglect other areas of the team. Leicester would make us break our transfer record to sign him and that’s basically over our probable net spend for next summer.

We’re shit so best to accept it and start building a team rather than spending big on one player who will improve us but isn’t top class (which is what we’ve done with Maguire).
Maguire isn't top class now? :houllier:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
even being linked with this guy and Longstaff is embarrassing
I agree on Longstaff. You're being harsh with Maddison though. He is exactly the kind of player Fergie would have been sniffing around.

I think under Fergie we would have gone for Kante and Mahrez too.

Josh 76

I agree on Longstaff. You're being harsh with Maddison though. He is exactly the kind of player Fergie would have been sniffing around.

I think under Fergie we would have gone for Kante and Mahrez too.
When are we going to keep saying 'Fergie would have done this and that'
In a another couple of years it will be 10 years since Fergie will be gone. That era is over. Let's please move on.

Robbie Boy

even being linked with this guy and Longstaff is embarrassing
Longstaff looks a joke of a player despite one particular poster on here being obsessed with him and pretending he’s the next big thing.

Although I don’t rate Maddison nearly as highly as some on here do - I actually think he’s very overrated by some - I do think he looks a good talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.