Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
K. Navas
Carvajal - - Ramos - - Varane - - Marcelo
Kroos - - Modric
Bale - - Rodriguez - - Ronaldo
Benzema​
I can't think of a team that would beat that.
A Chelsea team managed by Mou will have them. Suspect defence, no proper DM and front 4 not known to work much off the ball.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Perez is batshit mental but in a way you have to admire Madrid. They don't give a feck and sign whoever they want.

I've yet to see them miss out on a target that they really really wanted.

Godfather

Amazing bitterness in this thread. Aiming the anger at the lack of big transfers at the ones actually beeing able to pull them off is a bit rich.

Moonred

that team will be sliced open by a counter attacking team. Bale/ronaldo/rodrigues wont track back. Kroos and modric are not MF generals who hunt down the opposition. Kroos and modric jog rather than run. Real madrid should have kept the team as it was. It worked.
Real themselves loves playing on the counter, yes they would miss a holding defensive CM, but that also underrates Kroos and modric who in my opinion does a lot of defensive work than people may seem to think. Best bet to beat that team is an defensively organised team who is ready to work their socks off. No team can ever be unbeatable and when a team replaces arguably their best player of last season(Di Maria), they are bound to be deemed worse.

northbynorthwest

Amazing bitterness in this thread. Aiming the anger at a lack of big transfers at the ones actually beeing able to pull them off is a bit rich.

They had a winning formula. They had the best counter attacking team in the world. Di maria and alonso then protected the back four. what they have now is great attacking players, but poor defensive players.

northbynorthwest

Real themselves loves playing on the counter, yes they would miss a holding defensive CM, but that also underrates Kroos and modric who in my opinion does a lot of defensive work than people may seem to think. Best bet to beat that team is an defensively organised team who is ready to work their socks off. No team can ever be unbeatable and when a team replaces arguably their best player of last season(Di Maria), they are bound to be deemed worse.
di maria and alonso worked their asses off for the front three. Ronaldo and bale would not track back and it was up to di maria and alonso. defense is a vital part of the game. i fear madrid are going too offensive now and when they come up against chelsea, they will be cut apart.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Amazing bitterness in this thread. Aiming the anger at the lack of big transfers at the ones actually beeing able to pull them off is a bit rich.
Don´t feel really bitter, no. My team did some serious good work in this transfer window and looks good to go ;).
I just call it as I see it. Would not mind going against them for the third year in a row in the CL, actually.

gaucho_10

You are lamenting about a situation you have caused yourselves. Of course you need a new offensive player now. You let two go.
So we're supposed to what..? Keep players that are not good enough..?

Again, Jese has long term injury.

Benzema plays more false 9 kind of role and is involved in creating and setting up Ronaldo and Bale. Morata can't offer what he does and the few minutes he did get last season he didn't manage to impress, quite the contrary. He's also useless on the wing. I for one am glad he's gone.

As for Di Maria, Perez wanted him gone last summer, and now Carlo is pushing hard for him to stay. I really don't see him staying. Not if any club us willing to offer 60 mil € for him.
James is the missing puzzle, the South American galactico that Perez wants. He will sell shirts and he fit's perfectly.

Perez does what he want's and Ancelotti was always the type to make the best with what he's got.

If I had to pick a replacement for Di Maria (the winger), James is a good choice for us.

stubie

Perez is batshit mental but in a way you have to admire Madrid. They don't give a feck and sign whoever they want.

Ruud van Nistelrooy 2001

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
The Classico is going to be one hell of a fixutre, Messi, Suarez and Messi vs James, Bale and Ronaldo.

northbynorthwest

So we're supposed to what..? Keep players that are not good enough..?

Again, Jese has long term injury.

Benzema plays more false 9 kind of role and is involved in creating and setting up Ronaldo and Bale. Morata can't offer what he does and the few minutes he did get last season he didn't manage to impress, quite the contrary. He's also useless on the wing. I for one am glad he's gone.

As for Di Maria, Perez wanted him gone last summer, and now Carlo is pushing hard for him to stay. I really don't see him staying. Not if any club us willing to offer 60 mil € for him.
James is the missing puzzle, the South American galactico that Perez wants. He will sell shirts and he fit's perfectly.

Perez does what he want's and Ancelotti was always the type to make the best with what he's got.

If I had to pick a replacement for Di Maria (the winger), James is a good choice for us.
No offense man. This new front four wont defend. Now its not benzemas job to do so because he is a striker. But the other three in a typical football team would be required to. Now they wont. Ronaldo doesnt track back and bale doesnt and rodrigues doesnt either.

That leaves your MF two of kroos and modric. They are both textbook creative MFs, which means they jog around the pitch in search of space and mark the space. But they are not like a MF defensive general who closes down opponents.

What teams will do is they will sit back and thats alright for you against poor teams. But up against a chelsea, they will catch you on the counter.

The reason why rodrigues is been bought is precisely why you say. To sell shirts and so the fans will be happy with perez.

Madrid is the worst run big club in the game. The manager always dictates things at a club, not the owner or CEO.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It might be unfair how the tv money works out there but at least they spend money on improving the squad.

bugmat

More Galacticos! More unstability - hoping for a crash of similar proportions to 10 years ago for madrid.

Jaxa

The Classico is going to be one hell of a fixutre, Messi, Suarez and Messi vs James, Bale and Ronaldo.
I have to admit 2 Messi's would be a handful, where did Barca get the cloning machine from I wonder ? Dirty B*stards

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man

Ribery when they already signed Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. The summer where they wanted to sign the best player in England, Italy, France and Germany, but they didn't get the fourth one ;)

RedRover

You can't be serious. Morata is gone, Jese out until November and Di Maria is leaving.

We have only Isco to cover for Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale.

No one else on the bench and we're looking into 60 games long season.
He's not a forward so Morata is irrelevant, and you don't spend that much money on a player to cover for another who's out till November.

Di Maria is clearly being forced out to make space for him - despite the fact that he was excellent last year, which is a joke in itself given the contribution he made.

Regardless - your missing my point. As good a player as he may be, the system last year was successful and will have to be changed to accommodate him - despite its evident success. I don't see the point in that at all.

Suggests that the manager isn't deciding who to bring in and the president makes the call. He saw a player who everyone raved about at the World Cup and decided he had to have him. As such, there will be pressure on the manager to pick him, rather than use a system and pick the players to fit. I see no reason to change something that's successful just to fit in a flavour if the month.

Brightonian

You can't be serious. Morata is gone, Jese out until November and Di Maria is leaving.

We have only Isco to cover for Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale.

No one else on the bench and we're looking into 60 games long season.
Di Maria is leaving because you want Rodriguez. And getting rid of one of the most effective attacking players in the world from last season in order to buy the next shiny toy sounds like 'buying a player they don't need' to me. As for Jese being out until November... what will you do with him for the rest of the year, then?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Like I have always said, they are run as a football club, we are run as a business.
No, an organisation like Bayern Munich is run like a football club. Real Madrid is run more like a circus or entertainment brand, always trying to get something new flashy and shiny.

If these exchanges Khedira-Kroos and Di Maria-James improve the squad remains to be seen. They give up defensive contribution and work rate for creativity and more goal threat, some things they did not lack season. On the other the things they sacrafice will open up the ways to exploit their system even more.

SalfordRed1960

And how. Van Gaal's press conference certainly made that point very clear.
Think that is a twist on what was meant by Van Gaal.

I think he was talking about constraints and FFP in relation to the amount of change he feels is needed to get back to the top.

United is a business and our brand is built on a certain style of football at a certain level. As he has said we were 7th last year and it will be difficult to get back to the top in one season, though that is his aim.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Fekkin hell, Barcelona have two Messi's?!

Rodriguez is flavour of the month at the moment, just like Isco was last year.

Can't play Modric, Kroos and Rodriguez in the same side, and there are few 'easy' games in La Liga these days.

Re Di Maria - the only player in that side who could dribble past players at will, Bale and Ronaldo need alot more space to get behind the defence. His work rate is about as good as it gets too, not to mention the number of goals he laid on a plate for Ronaldo over the last few seasons.

Spoony

The People's President
And how. Van Gaal's press conference certainly made that point very clear.
We're the biggest, most popular club in the world, I don't care how much Madrid keep telling everyone that they are...clearly Adidas and Chevrolet have proved otherwise. We're in a different stratosphere in terms of following, popularity and all that jazz. But we don't act like the biggest club on the pitch. They do. We're too scared to sign marquee players, they're too scared of the backlash if they don't. Real signing the cream is them telling the world that they're the most glamorous club in the land. I'd like us to behave less like a fecking business... we're just too bloody clinical. Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty more to bleed out of the United brand.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
True. This kid is a dream signing for anyone.

I think Di Maria could well stay. If they buy just (I say ''just'') Kroos and Rodriguez, they would be shelling out about 110m Euros, which is less than their usual budget!

Moriarty

Think that is a twist on what was meant by Van Gaal.

I think he was talking about constraints and FFP in relation to the amount of change he feels is needed to get back to the top.

United is a business and our brand is built on a certain style of football at a certain level. As he has said we were 7th last year and it will be difficult to get back to the top in one season, though that is his aim.
He made a point about he's been made aware of the importance of our sponsors. Made me feel uncomfortable even though it's the way it is. I really don't care for all this "brand" stuff and wish we were once again a football club and not a corporate entity that pimps itself out to whichever company dangles money in front of us to use the name.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
We're the biggest, most popular club in the world, I don't care how much Madrid keep telling everyone that they are...clearly Adidas and Chevrolet have proved otherwise.
Utd are not a bigger club than Real Madrid, and the recent sponsorship deal means diddly squat. There will likely be be negotiations further down the line to bring Madrid in line with a similar lucrative deal.

Spoony

The People's President
Utd are not a bigger club than Real Madrid, and the recent sponsorship deal means diddly squat. There will likely be be negotiations further down the line to bring Madrid in line with a similar lucrative deal.
We're clearly in a different league to the rest. We don't bang the drum nor prove it with player purchases.

Bestie07

No, an organisation like Bayern Munich is run like a football club. Real Madrid is run more like a circus or entertainment brand, always trying to get something new flashy and shiny.

If these exchanges Khedira-Kroos and Di Maria-James improve the squad remains to be seen. They give up defensive contribution and work rate for creativity and more goal threat, some things they did not lack season. On the other the things they sacrafice will open up the ways to exploit their system even more.
You totally misinterpreted my post. My point was, that Real had won the Champions League last season and could have gotten by with largely the same squad with one or two minor tweaks, but they see a chance to improve and they go for it with all the money they have. It may not always turn out to be the best decision of course. United in the last few years have done the bare minimum to keep the squad in a competitive shape.

Moriarty

We're the biggest, most popular club in the world, I don't care how much Madrid keep telling everyone that they are...clearly Adidas and Chevrolet have proved otherwise. We're in a different stratosphere in terms of following, popularity and all that jazz. But we don't act like the biggest club on the pitch. They do. We're too scared to sign marquee players, they're too scared of the backlash if they don't. Real signing the cream is them telling the world that they're the most glamorous club in the land. I'd like us to behave less like a fecking business... we're just too bloody clinical. Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty more to bleed out of the United brand.
Right as usual Spoon. But if Van Gaal doesn't get us back to winning ways, what then for the "brand"

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Strange you think two sponsorship deals prove we're the biggest club in the world, but signing any player you want is not a sign of that?

I think Real Madrid have an at least equal following. By every other measure, they are the biggest club in the world.

We're a business and we excel at that. They are not a business, they are a community organization. We make business people happy with big sponsorship deals, they make their fans happy with big player signings.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
We're clearly in a different league to the rest. We don't bang the drum nor prove it with player purchases.
Popularity wise? Perhaps, but there's a reason every top player wants to play for Real, even your star boy Ronaldo wanted out to join them. I'd argue Barcelona are also a bigger Club too. They're the top three undoubtedly though.

Spoony

The People's President
Right as usual Spoon. But if Van Gaal doesn't get us back to winning ways, what then for the "brand"
I think the brand is too popular regardless of what happens. Frankly it blows your mind when you hear and see that the club's popularity has spread to tiny villages in countries that don't even follow the game. But we're a brand first and foremost. And that's what hurts.

SalfordRed1960

What do you mean by bigger?

I am not arguing for United to be the biggest, but I often love the translation of this word 'biggest', as though it is some divine right of United or Real or whoever.

If Barca and Real were not able to negotiate their own tv rights, thus shafting the rest of the spanish clubs, I wonder what their revenue would be, if amount of revenue translates to biggest. Also, if it is profits, how that would come into effect if certain clubs didn't have their government connections.

If it is number of fans, where are the facts that this club has this many fans, and others only have this.

As far as fame is concerned it must surely be close between United and Real.

So, I think it is a pretty pointless argument by ABUs and United fans.

What is without doubt is by having 20 top league trophies in England, we are number one in England, we have the most recorded football going fans, though we have not had the largest crowd in England, We generate more profit that any other English club and we have the biggest single and total legal (not sugar daddy) sponsorship.

Spoony

The People's President
Popularity wise? Perhaps, but there's a reason every top player wants to play for Real, even your star boy Ronaldo wanted out to join them. I'd argue Barcelona are also a bigger Club too. They're the top three undoubtedly though.

They're definitely more glamorous...And they act and behave accordingly. We don't. We balance books, make profits and spread our gospel to parallel universes.