James Ward Prowse | this isn’t a performance thread | signed for WH

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Who is linking us to him? Provide a source if you're going to start a thread on it.
didn't realise that was a law of the land...a quick google of his name will show you that pretty much everyone is! although, I guess, started by The Sun

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I like him but was shocked to read he was 27, genuinely thought he a few years younger. Pass.
I thought he was older. But 27 gives him four good years, maybe five which would be a pretty standard contract length

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Big fan but his age profile is not what Rangnick would recommend and he has a very specialized skill set, although he's quite elite at it.

phelans shorts

plus we won't attract the likes of Kroos or Modric right now
Well no, but the general point I agree with that you want the next Kroos/Modric (I’m not going to acknowledge Veratti on that list because I’ve never seen anything to suggest he’s all that and don’t think he’d have many suitors if he were available) but Ruben Neves is almost certainly never going to be anywhere near that level.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It’s a fair point. It should be noted Garner averages more tackles and interceptions, a different league granted but still notable. For the second midfield profile, I think ten Hag will be looking for someone who is better in possession than both Garner and Ward Prowse.
talking of the youngsters, does anyone know if any TV channel is showing the Youth Cup Final? I can only find some weird mention of BBC Scotland which makes no sense

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh. Probably the best free kick taker in PL history but only really a solid player beyond that. If he could be picked up for relatively cheap I could see it as a useful option but otherwise nah. There's a reason he hasn't made it to a top club yet.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Well no, but the general point I agree with that you want the next Kroos/Modric (I’m not going to acknowledge Veratti on that list because I’ve never seen anything to suggest he’s all that and don’t think he’d have many suitors if he were available) but Ruben Neves is almost certainly never going to be anywhere near that level.
I don't see Neves as much of an upgrade on McFred so pointless if you ask me

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
the type of signings you make if you want to cement midtable

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Would have liked to see him here when he was younger.

izec

Very good player and underrated. Too expensive, but would take him for 40m easily.

Almost reads like the Mane thread when we were linked to him under Van Gaal.

Trex

Very Ole like signing with the "X factor", likes AWB with tackling.
Pass

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Bet you thought the same about Carrick
I did. I remember seeing Chelsea sign Ballack and thinking how the hell is Carrick going to bridge that gap. I think I wanted Marcos Senna (Villareal) instead

TheReligion

Abusive
I did. I remember seeing Chelsea sign Ballack and thinking how the hell is Carrick going to bridge that gap. I think I wanted Marcos Senna (Villareal) instead
Which proves you shouldn’t write this off.

He’d be a good, hungry signing. He’s ready to make the step.

Andrew7582

This guy is just an average player aside from his remarkable set piece ability, wouldn't be worth the money.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he's a very good player even without the set pieces but no way they let him go for a reasonable amount. Also he's the #8, so again, would be a Fred replacement and not the DM.

CarbonStoolBites

Which proves you shouldn’t write this off.

He’d be a good, hungry signing. He’s ready to make the step.
I totally agree with this sentiment, I also feel like many people are still under the impression we’re 2-3 signings away from competing which is completely out of touch with reality imo.

We need to focus on progress as slow as it may be as long as there is a plan, and making good decisions.
Ward-prowse could do well for a team rebuilding itself from its lowest point in decades.
Feel like he could become a strong character in the dressing room if not a leader, as well.

However, anything north of 35-40 million and we should focus on other targets imo.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I have never really watched him apart from his free kicks. But i think we have to get out of overpaying for players. Then we overpay and they have expectations they cannot reach.

Kag

He’s a good player. Think he’d have a very Milner-like role at a top club and do well wherever he went. He’d cost a fortune, though, so pass.

haru krentz

people here talks about his set pieces ability, james milner-lite, etc but those are not qualities we need right now, are they? what we want for our new midfielder is the ability to retain the ball and make passes.

Huge-fan

Hello

Please look at Bremer a brazilian defender in Serie A, i think he is qualified to play the PL, a star player.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You want somebody of those guys level, and you name Ruben Neves? Huh?
I want someone of that profile and level. Neves likely won’t get to that level but I’d expect him to be £20-£30 million cheaper than JWP and I think he’s better in top. As i said in my post I’d favour our scouts actually doing our jobs and finding a player of that profile with the ability to reach the level of those mentioned.

Classical Mechanic

people here talks about his set pieces ability, james milner-lite, etc but those are not qualities we need right now, are they? what we want for our new midfielder is the ability to retain the ball and make passes.
He‘s not really like Milner at all. JWP is quite small and his importance is on the ball. Milner is an athlete and water carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.