James Ward-Prowse | West Ham

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
His 50th Premier League match today, still just 19 years old. He's one cracking prospect. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year. I don't think the exodus at Soton is necessarily bad for him. He'll be one of those that you'd expect to step up, and I think he'll relish the challenge. Strikes me as the type, and I think he'll be a prominent player at a top 4 challenging club within a couple of years.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He stood out for me today for them. Held the ball well for others and kept their attacking threat alive. Not surprised to his thread bumped, he should expect a call up for the qualifiers if he plays like anything he did today for this season.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He's going to be an excellent player. Definitely one we should keep an eye out for. I'd love him to come here.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Those things often do not mean much.
At JWPs stage I think it does. He is now a main player at Southampton and will be playing every match which he will not be guaranteed at the top clubs. It looks like he knows this and realizes staying at Southampton for now would be better for his development.

I can't seem to find anything about signing a new contract so I could be wrong about that though.

starman

Whats his best position, not really watch much of him, I have seen play RM and AM, spoke to someone the other day and said he will end up a deep lying playmaker?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Whats his best position, not really watch much of him, I have seen play RM and AM, spoke to someone the other day and said he will end up a deep lying playmaker?
I like him most as the right sided CM in a 433. It allows him to be in field to get on the ball more but he can still drift out wide to get the cut back and put in a deep cross. He's played in the deep 2 of a 4231 at youth level for England and I'd say he'd do a great job in that role. As for now at Southampton they seem to stick with the 433 so I think he'll be at his best as the right CM in that system.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Putting in some nice crosses today. Nice tidy little player, not very exciting though.

Puts me in mind of a Frank Lampard as in he was never spectacular but got the job done.

Golden Nugget

Seemed to be everywhere today and was not afraid to put a foot in. Thought that his set pieces were brilliant - was nervous at every corner he took, especially compared to our ones.

Hojoon

Delivery is fantastic. I think Southampton won at least 5 first headers from his crosses.

izec

His best attribute by far are his set piece taking skills. the rest of his game is too average compared to that. His overall game lacks a bit, has no standout features in the game itself.

Ekeke

Putting in some nice crosses today. Nice tidy little player, not very exciting though.

Puts me in mind of a Frank Lampard as in he was never spectacular but got the job done.
I think his crosses and set pieces, and shooting can be spectacular. More English Sneijder

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
How old is the lad? Any mention of him playing for England yet, coz he could be a great addition in tight games with those crosses and getting stuck in.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
In the words of SAF (albeit referring to a different player), his set pieces alone are worth £10M+.

freeurmind

weak willed
Sorry for the thread bump but I thought he was decent today. Been in good form too. Great FK for his goal. I can't see him costing more than 30 mill. Would be a decent signing for us.

MUM

They only had 36% possession, but he once again, stood out for them today, great free kick, 5 in 9 goals for him now I believe?

neilv93

Tidy player and probably up there with Trent Alexander-Arnold (sorry to praise a Scouser) as the best crosser in the PL in my opinion. I think he's at his level though, unless his all-round game improved beyond his undoubted ability from dead balls. Wouldn't be a worthwhile addition for us, other than to improve the already-high-enough HG quota.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Sorry for the thread bump but I thought he was decent today. Been in good form too. Great FK for his goal. I can't see him costing more than 30 mill. Would be a decent signing for us.
I thought he was more then decent... He was excellent

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Never been much of a fan. Never notice him unless he’s taking a corner or a free kick. Similar to Milivojevic in that respect, who does feck all other than score penalties.

ash_86

Why does I get the feeling he always scores against us. Other players that I get that same feeling includes Kompany, shaqiri, Sigurdsson, Fellaini at everton .

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Tidy player and probably up there with Trent Alexander-Arnold (sorry to praise a Scouser) as the best crosser in the PL in my opinion. I think he's at his level though, unless his all-round game improved beyond his undoubted ability from dead balls. Wouldn't be a worthwhile addition for us, other than to improve the already-high-enough HG quota.
That's a good comparison and I was thinking that if JWP changed up his game a bit and became a FB then he would probably be at a big club already. He is a classic winger in that he keeps the width and like to send in a lot of crosses. But in todays game that tends to describe a fullback more than a winger. Great goal by him today on the free kick...

neilv93

That's a good comparison and I was thinking that if JWP changed up his game a bit and became a FB then he would probably be at a big club already. He is a classic winger in that he keeps the width and like to send in a lot of crosses. But in todays game that tends to describe a fullback more than a winger. Great goal by him today on the free kick...
Agreed. Also he doesn't have the pace of a high-positioned, out-and-out winger in my view but full backs don't typically require as much pace as they're more positionally-focused than trying to beat a man 1v1. Gary Neville was the perfect example of a clever RB with exceptional crossing without raw pace. I could see JWP doing well in that role but admittedly I don't really know how good he is defensively (though, given he's a CM by trade, you'd expect him to be somewhat proficient).

freeurmind

weak willed
He's got really good technique, not just a FK merchant as some are suggesting. Admittedly he's not the best physically but I still think he could be a good signing for us.

haram

He's got really good technique, not just a FK merchant as some are suggesting. Admittedly he's not the best physically but I still think he could be a good signing for us.
Man what