James Weir

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

Blackett and Weir made first team squad.The likes of Pearson and Harrop ignored.I'm trying hard not to complain but this is just too funny.Well at least we didn't resort to El-Fitouri...

oskarutd

Perhaps it says more about our knowledge, rather then that the coaches who see him everyday are clueless.
United selling David Jones made me almost give up, but they were proven right. Taught me a lesson I didn't want to learn at the time.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Blackett and Weir made first team squad.The likes of Pearson and Harrop ignored.I'm trying hard not to complain but this is just too funny.Well at least we didn't resort to El-Fitouri...
To be fair dont yiu have to look at the positions as well? Pearson and Harrop are midfielders (Harrop attacking) and we have those in abundance, Blackett is CB and LB and we have injury-prone players in those positions, that changes the situation.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
To be fair dont yiu have to look at the positions as well? Pearson and Harrop are midfielders (Harrop attacking) and we have those in abundance, Blackett is CB and LB and we have injury-prone players in those positions, that changes the situation.
Harrop played a lot on the wing and is better then Weirdo in every segment of the game.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Harrop played a lot on the wing and is better then Weirdo in every segment of the game.
Isnt Weir a versatile player who plays multiple positions? And LvG basically asks Joyce who's in decent form and could get a squad call up, Weir played a decent match vs Reading, hence the call-up. Not that I think that he'll ever make it here, as well.

For the wing we have Mata, Memphis, Martial, Lingard as well, not really place for Harrop.

Šjor Bepo

Isnt Weir a versatile player who plays multiple positions? And LvG basically asks Joyce who's in decent form and could get a squad call up, Weir played a decent match vs Reading, hence the call-up. Not that I think that he'll ever make it here, as well.

For the wing we have Mata, Memphis, Martial, Lingard as well, not really place for Harrop.
Weir can play both wings and number 10, Harrop can play the same + midfielder in 3 man midfield.

Šjor Bepo

Weir can play full back and cm as well.
yeah, he can do a job as fullback i guess but no chance in hell he can play as cm.....but with Bothwick Jackson and McNair on the bench that isnt important as he wasnt there because he can play as a fullback.

jb8521

yeah, he can do a job as fullback i guess but no chance in hell he can play as cm.....but with Bothwick Jackson and McNair on the bench that isnt important as he wasnt there because he can play as a fullback.
His natural position is actually cm so yeah I'd say there is a chance in hell he can play there. He just hasn't had many opportunities to play there because we have a lot more cm's than wide players and he's a lot more flexible than the likes of Pearson and Rothwell who are only effective through the middle. He's captain of the reserves and having a very good season where he's performing better than a lot of the more highly rated players so I don't really see why anyone has a problem with him being rewarded for his hard work and huge improvement in the past year with a place on the bench. The under 21 players are regularly brought up to train with the first team so he's obviously performed better than the other players who had that chance, its the same reason Rashford made the bench earlier in the season even though Fletcher was ahead of him in the u21 pecking order. Both players were brought up for training with the first team in the week before the match and Rashford handled the step up better so was given the place on the bench. Same thing happened last year with Thorpe and McNair.

Šjor Bepo

His natural position is actually cm so yeah I'd say there is a chance in hell he can play there. He just hasn't had many opportunities to play there because we have a lot more cm's than wide players and he's a lot more flexible than the likes of Pearson and Rothwell who are only effective through the middle. He's captain of the reserves and having a very good season where he's performing better than a lot of the more highly rated players so I don't really see why anyone has a problem with him being rewarded for his hard work and huge improvement in the past year with a place on the bench. The under 21 players are regularly brought up to train with the first team so he's obviously performed better than the other players who had that chance, its the same reason Rashford made the bench earlier in the season even though Fletcher was ahead of him in the u21 pecking order. Both players were brought up for training with the first team in the week before the match and Rashford handled the step up better so was given the place on the bench. Same thing happened last year with Thorpe and McNair.
how do you know whats his natural position? Since he started playing for the academy he played there maybe 5 times, Donald Love probably played more as a midfielder.....he isnt a midfielder as he never plays there and his style isnt suited for a midfielder as he doesnt have the qualities that a midfielder needs to have. Being a captain means nothing and performance from him this season are decent but its clear to see he is an average player that will most likely end up in League One. Its great to reward hard work but most of them work hard so you have to look the talent also or we can give chances to Grimmy, Weir and co. and enjoy our football in Championship, but we will be proud as we reward the hard work!
Rashford was given the chance because he is more talented and already class above Fletcher in quality. As for training sessions, fair play we dont have a chance to see whats happening there but in same training sessions they were impressed with Tyler fecking Blackett and by your logic they are obviously impressed with Fellaini as he keeps getting game time so their training evaluation means feck all to me.

jb8521

how do you know whats his natural position? Since he started playing for the academy he played there maybe 5 times, Donald Love probably played more as a midfielder.....he isnt a midfielder as he never plays there and his style isnt suited for a midfielder as he doesnt have the qualities that a midfielder needs to have. Being a captain means nothing and performance from him this season are decent but its clear to see he is an average player that will most likely end up in League One. Its great to reward hard work but most of them work hard so you have to look the talent also or we can give chances to Grimmy, Weir and co. and enjoy our football in Championship, but we will be proud as we reward the hard work!
Rashford was given the chance because he is more talented and already class above Fletcher in quality. As for training sessions, fair play we dont have a chance to see whats happening there but in same training sessions they were impressed with Tyler fecking Blackett and by your logic they are obviously impressed with Fellaini as he keeps getting game time so their training evaluation means feck all to me.
You seem to be making the assumption that I only have the same level of knowledge about what's going on in the academy or have only been watching the players play for as long as you have which is a pretty flawed assumption to make. I know what his natural position is because I have seen him before he was playing on TV and I know that Rashford was picked over Fletcher because he impressed more in training because I was told by one of the trainers

Šjor Bepo

You seem to be making the assumption that I only have the same level of knowledge about what's going on in the academy or have only been watching the players play for as long as you have which is a pretty flawed assumption to make. I know what his natural position is because I have seen him before he was playing on TV and I know that Rashford was picked over Fletcher because he impressed more in training because I was told by one of the trainers
so you watched him before he was 16/17 when he started playing with academy? Fair play but even that doesnt mean much, Evra and Makelele were playing as strikers when they were young kids but you dont say striker is their natural position or that they can play there.
As for Rashford, i believe you that he impressed more. As i said, i think he is already a class above Fletcher and is a much bigger talent so its no surprise that he impressed in training.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Weir can play both wings and number 10, Harrop can play the same + midfielder in 3 man midfield.
There's no way this unproven guy can play 4 different roles for the first team. He might be played here and there as a youth but that doesn't mean he's any good at it.

Šjor Bepo

There's no way this unproven guy can play 4 different roles for the first team. He might be played here and there as a youth but that doesn't mean he's any good at it.
as neither of them played for the first team we are talking where they can play and where they played for U21

khoazany

Of course there are reasons behind it but it sounds funny when you put it that way.

Šjor Bepo

And you said that he can play on either wing or as a midfielder. There's no player that can play that.
arda turan? iniesta? i reckon Silva could play that in certain teams....

m1y2

I am not taking anything away from the kid but he's just average in every aspect of his game, being consistent performer and a captain of the reserves past season doesn't make him any better candidate for the first team than any others. His biggest asset is maybe that he looks like the blonde guy from the early Depeche mode, just watch Everything counts and you'll see

khoazany

They can in the same way Rooney can. Judge that how you want.
Weir is more of a Milner in terms of style and versatility.I can hardly tell which is his best position so it would largely depend on which qualities of him (if there's any) that LVG think can be useful for the first team.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Weir is more of a Milner in terms of style and versatility.I can hardly tell which is his best position so it would largely depend on which qualities of him (if there's any) that LVG think can be useful for the first team.
So he's not very good in any position then which is why he can play them all? Might as well put him on as a full back then considering what counts as a full back these days.

khoazany

So he's not very good in any position then which is why he can play them all? Might as well put him on as a full back then considering what counts as a full back these days.
From a positive perspective, he's not bad in every position he has been thrown in (of course we're only talking about the levels he has played before) so I wouldn't expected some shocker like when we tried to play McNair at RB (if there's any it would be due to lack of quality more than not playing in his best position).Looking at the options on the bench that day I'd say he's viewed as backup for the CMs by LVG.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
The lad could do with a loan. He's not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, and will almost certainly go on to have a good pro career, albeit that its very unlikely it'll be with United. Getting first team games is not a bad idea for him at this point.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
so you watched him before he was 16/17 when he started playing with academy? Fair play but even that doesnt mean much, Evra and Makelele were playing as strikers when they were young kids but you dont say striker is their natural position or that they can play there.
As for Rashford, i believe you that he impressed more. As i said, i think he is already a class above Fletcher and is a much bigger talent so its no surprise that he impressed in training.
My friend sorry to interject and raise what is seemingly a dead argument but when it comes to stuff like this, just trust that he knows what he is saying

DocRockter

LVG mentioned him as a possible for tomorrow.. Said in his opinion "is a very good young player". Is he capable to play CM for 60+mins with Schneiderlin, maybe?

khoazany

LVG mentioned him as a possible for tomorrow.. Said in his opinion "is a very good young player". Is he capable to play CM for 60+mins with Schneiderlin, maybe?
As mention above Weir is a very versatile player and CM is one of his main position.I'm not his biggest fan but he did very well for the U21s this season and deserved this chance.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I can't say I'm a fan of his either but he has really stepped it up this year. Would like to see him play first team football, thought it would be on loan but I guess maybe either, seems like the type that could do alright at any level without ever being great.

Sid234

Wonder if we'll see Andrea Pereira play as a #10 and Weir play as the attacking CM alongside Schneiderlin

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not his biggest fan, just seems like a workhorse to me.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I know his cameo didn't amount to much but he at least deserved to get on the pitch after his work in the U-21's this year. Come on leaps from last year in rounding out his game and it was rightfully rewarded.

jb8521

Created 3 good chances in the first half, won the penalty and put in the cross that we scored the winning goal from. He's having a very good season

Status
Not open for further replies.