James Wilson - Sheffield United loan watch

IAmAWinner

Kid has talent, I hope he scores a lot. If he fails, surely will be sold.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I know feck all about the Championship but quick google reveals they're the third top scorers in the division. Will he have much competition for his place?
Yes! He will likely start off a sub behind Leon Clarke and Billy Sharp. He might rotate with Sharp. Should get plenty of chances though, they do not have a big squad.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yes! He will likely start off a sub behind Leon Clarke and Billy Sharp. He might rotate with Sharp. Should get plenty of chances though, they do not have a big squad.
Blimey, didn't realise Leon Clarke was their main man. I remember him playing for Wednesday, he was rubbish. He must be getting on a bit, and he must have played for about 30 different clubs between leaving Wednesday and joining United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feels like Sharp's been around for centuries.

sincher

Blimey, didn't realise Leon Clarke was their main man. I remember him playing for Wednesday, he was rubbish. He must be getting on a bit, and he must have played for about 30 different clubs between leaving Wednesday and joining United.
Champo top scorer I think, new lease of life. Wilder does a good job with his players, it is a great chance for Wilson.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good to send him out on loan and put him in the shop window ready to sell in the summer.

OohAahMartial

Champo top scorer I think, new lease of life. Wilder does a good job with his players, it is a great chance for Wilson.
So probably another loan with no game time. I would understand a loan to a club where the main striker just got a serious iniury but not to a club with a top scorer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good loan for him. Read sheffield play with 2 strikers (3-5-2) so he might good games for them.

prath92

So probably another loan with no game time. I would understand a loan to a club where the main striker just got a serious iniury but not to a club with a top scorer.
No club of even a moderate stature is going to take a risk on him though. He will have to goto League 2 or lower to get the exposure you mention

davidmichael

It’s surely a loan to put him in the shop window for a transfer in the summer, had high hopes for him when he first came through but I think a combination of injuries and lack of playing time has put an end to any hopes he had of a career with us unfortunately.

sincher

That is a really weird point to make, especially as they normally play with two up top. Much better to go and play for a team like this than one near the bottom where he might get game time but hardly a sniff at goal.

Bwuk

If he doesn't make a impact for them he'll end up permanently in the championship next season.

sincher

If he doesn't make a impact for them he'll end up permanently in the championship next season.
At this point I would say that if he can become a regular in the Champo that would be a big positive step for him. What he needs is more games.

Bwuk

At this point I would say that if he can become a regular in the Champo that would be a big positive step for him. What he needs is more games.
True. According to the ever reliable Wikipedia he's only played 51 games in senior football at 22.

To be fair to him, at the same age Jesse Lingard had played roughly the same amount of games in senior football and look at him now. It's not all doom and gloom I suppose.

OohAahMartial

That is a really weird point to make, especially as they normally play with two up top. Much better to go and play for a team like this than one near the bottom where he might get game time but hardly a sniff at goal.
If they play two up front then that does reassure me somewhat. Just a bit wary after so many failed loans.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
On the bench and on Sky Sports right now if anyone fancies it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Steel City derby not exactly living up to all the hype at the moment.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wednesday have just had their captain sent off. Wilson has just come on for United.

Kag

His attitude is bad because he openly admits to wanting to play for the Manchester United first team in an interview? Jesus.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I always find it funny just how bitter fans of every club are. I've read club forums for all of our loaned players in the past and its always the same. I just have to wonder why some random League One/Championship clubs' fans are as bitter as the likes of RAWK and Bluemoon.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I always find it funny just how bitter fans of every club are. I've read club forums for all of our loaned players in the past and its always the same. I just have to wonder why some random League One/Championship clubs' fans are as bitter as the likes of RAWK and Bluemoon.
You can understand why loanees are resented though. Parachuted in to take games away from players who have a long-term commitment to the club you support, when their only priority is furthering their own career at a different club. I’m sure players who give their all will win the fans over quick enough but any hint of arrogance or lack of effort (real or perceived) and they’re understanably in the firing line.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You can understand why loanees are resented though. Parachuted in to take games away from players who have a long-term commitment to the club you support, when their only priority is furthering their own career at a different club. I’m sure players who give their all will win the fans over quick enough but any hint of arrogance or lack of effort (real or perceived) and they’re understanably in the firing line.
I understand preferring their own players to loan players but I'm talking about their posts about Manchester United, not the loanee player. Although I've found some posters on their boards hold it against players loaned from us compared to other loan players. But I'm more talking about the amount of posters who use stupid shit like calling the club manure or other childish derogatory terms. It's childish enough seeing a United fan say loserpool or Man shitty or whatever but then its just even more baffling why some random League One fan would use such stupid names. Or seeing how pissed they get over our Cup games being televised.