Jamie Carragher

RoyH1

9 out 10 of his takes/opinions are horseshit and he's incredibly funny. Not sure if this is a firing offense, but if I was a network executive I'd definitely give him a warning.

IRELANDUNITED

Pretty weird to say something like that if there is no truth in it. If you're going to try and make a joke like that, it has to be true, and the audience needs to know about the cheating that took place. It would still be inappropriate to say if it were true, but I could understand it in that scenario.

I guess that's the end of him trying to be funny on TV.
I just don’t think Jamie a very bright chap. I think it would be an ever weirder thing to say if there was truth in it. It probably popped into his head when she said she was loyal and he reacted and said what he having only thought about it for a split second. I’d love to see the rest of the clip, the 15 seconds or so on Twitter is all I have seen. Would be interesting to see the minute or 2 that followed his “joke”

Dan

The “like you at Valencia” line he says at Gary Neville all the time on The Overlap podcast does my head in.

Mike Smalling

The “like you at Valencia” line he says at Gary Neville all the time on The Overlap podcast does my head in.
It just seems a bit petty. I'm not saying it's off-limits or anything, but it is still making fun of a major professional failure. To be fair, Neville has shown many times that he is able to laugh about it, so I guess that makes it understandable. Still, I'd love to see Carragher's face if Neville went on and on about him never winning the league, or how Gerrard slipped.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
It just seems a bit petty. I'm not saying it's off-limits or anything, but it is still making fun of a major professional failure. To be fair, Neville has shown many times that he is able to laugh about it, so I guess that makes it understandable. Still, I'd love to see Carragher's face if Neville went on and on about him never winning the league, or how Gerrard slipped.
Neville strikes me as someone who takes any amount of slagging with reasonably good grace. I'd be interested to see Carraghers reaction to someone bringing up him and Gerrard running Benitez out of the club so they could get new deals.

mu4c_20le

9 out 10 of his takes/opinions are horseshit and he's incredibly funny. Not sure if this is a firing offense, but if I was a network executive I'd definitely give him a warning.
Oh please, there was nothing there. I was half expecting some mysogyny at least. It was a poor joke made in the moment that Kate didn't take well on air for some reason.

IRELANDUNITED

Oh please, there was nothing there. I was half expecting some mysogyny at least. It was a poor joke made in the moment that Kate didn't take well on air for some reason.
Suggesting in front of your work colleagues and bosses that one of your colleagues is being unfaithful to their partner is undoubtedly a punishable offence. It makes it 100 times worse that he did it on television where millions of people witnessed it.

This will undoubtedly lead to difficulties in Kate’s life and Jamie needs to be held accountable for this. It was totally unacceptable and unnecessary.

TsuWave

that forced laughter after it dawned on him that his comedy routine didn't land the way he envisioned

ether. i know his soul was burning slow

TheGame

Suggesting in front of your work colleagues and bosses that one of your colleagues is being unfaithful to their partner is undoubtedly a punishable offence. It makes it 100 times worse that he did it on television where millions of people witnessed it.

This will undoubtedly lead to difficulties in Kate’s life and Jamie needs to be held accountable for this. It was totally unacceptable and unnecessary.
Exactly, can’t believe some people are passing this off as harmless banter.

mu4c_20le

Any sane person would know he wasn't being serious when comparing loyalty to a sports team to a romantic partner.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
that forced laughter after it dawned on him that his comedy routine didn't land the way he envisioned

ether. i know his soul was burning slow
:lol: oh man they cooking my ass in the QRTs -- Carragher on the way home

Zlaatan

Parody Account
"for some reason", as if no one could possibly figure out what that reason might be. Give your head a wobble.

Mike Smalling

Any sane person would know he wasn't being serious when comparing loyalty to a sports team to a romantic partner.
There are things you don't say as a joke, even if it's obvious to most people that it's said in jest. This was one of them.

mu4c_20le

There are things you don't say as a joke, even if it's obvious to most people that it's said in jest. This was one of them.
I don't think he should have said it live on air, and he definitely regrets it. But I also feel she would've just laughed it off if it was said in private, over a few drinks, in a relaxed environment.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
Even too much for Hairy Hands Keys.

Keys should probably be quiet for numerous reasons, including that if Carragher did get the sack off from BT/Sky, he'd be a prime candidate to muscle in on Keys foreign gigs.

Mike Smalling

I don't think he should have said it live on air, and he definitely regrets it. But I also feel she would've just laughed it off if it was said in private, over a few drinks, in a relaxed environment.
Maybe, but it wasn't. That's kind of the point.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You seem to know a lot about her?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I feel like you've answered a lot of things in that latter sentence. Including your joke repertoire.

mu4c_20le

Maybe, but it wasn't. That's kind of the point.
Sure. He might get a telling off for an inappropriate remark. I doubt he'd get the sack though, feels like the pile on he's receiving seems disproportionate and only because its getting amplified on social media and some people already hate him. I'd be very surprised if he gets the sack, its not even being reported anywhere.

Mike Smalling

Sure. He might get a telling off for an inappropriate remark. I doubt he'd get the sack though, feels like the pile on he's receiving seems disproportionate and only because its getting amplified on social media and some people already hate him. I'd be very surprised if he gets the sack, its not even being reported anywhere.
Yeah, I agree. Not many are calling for the sack though. People are mostly just calling him an idiot, which is fair. Not sure there is much of a pile-on, other than the expected internet banter.

TheGame

Its in most of the papers as someone highlighted in a previous post.