Jamie Vardy - Manchester United considering move according to The Athletic/Adam Crafton

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
People really need to stop treating the athletic as Gospel. They’re quickly becoming the same gobshite click bait rubbish like all the rest and know if they make up absurd bullshit, the fecking mental side of United’s fan base (read United forum on here) will lap the shit up and pay for the privilege

Zen86

To what extent are 'journalists' just making stuff up now, because it is really easy to get clicks on United transfer story at the moment? I know a lot of transfer stuff is made up anyway, but seems a bit excessive reently.
It wouldn’t surprise me if we leak these stories and measure the online sentiment in the aftermath. It’s like collective scouting.

spiriticon

And in age. We'll soon be linked to fat Ronaldo.
Well, I guess we can't have everything because we're the ones panic buying. Vardy might actually help for a season or two, the other two I'm not so sure.

HookedOnAPhelan

I'm all for fecking Ronaldo off and bringing in Vardy. Cheap and still good short-term option who can compete with Tony up top. Should leave us with money for midfielders and a winger too.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Someone at the club has clearly selected "questionable character" and "racist tendencies" on their FM scouting setup.

Hughes35

If we HAVE to only sign strikers ready for the retirement home, can we at least get Ibra back? At least he had a good mentality and everybody loves him.

Failing that just go full comedy value and get Lee Trundle or Akinfenwa.

cj_sparky

United have a massive problem with leaks and we are going after Rebekah Vardy's fella :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What are we looking for in a striker?

When we went for Arnautovic, the briefing was that we wanted a physical presence up top. Vardy is a nuisance, he runs the channels well, he scores goals. However, he is not Diego Costa, he is not Didier Drogba.

Supposedly the club has a list of potential signings. How is this list put together? Cos there doesn't feel like the people we're going after have much in common. Surely, if we're buying players, we should be basing it off a type of player the coach says he needs for a specific role in the side? I'm not seeing it, I'm really not seeing it.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Isn’t he finished? Don’t watch Leicester too much but I thought they struggled for goals last season because he’s not what he used to be.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm all for fecking Ronaldo off and bringing in Vardy. Cheap and still good short-term option who can compete with Tony up top. Should leave us with money for midfielders and a winger too.
You're assuming.

Have you seen our negotiations/deals in the last few years?

We'd come back with no shirt on and saying we knocked them down from £40m to £39.5m.

Banat

He is a warrior with great attitude, still pacey enough, wouldn't mind him for a season.
Depay>Vardy>Kalajdzic>Auba>Arnautovic if I had to pick between them

Chairman Steve

Last season he looked like he lost a yard, which is a key part of his style of play. I would be indifferent to him joining.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Isn’t he finished? Don’t watch Leicester too much but I thought they struggled for goals last season because he’s not what he used to be.
Perfect match then as this club is finished until it's sold.

This is what happens when you don't have a football director and no plan. Just move from one disaster to the next.

One of the first things the Sheikh did at City was bring in Barcelona's background staff. They arrived several years ahead of Pep. Now that's forward planning.

Glazers thought differently. They thought bankers could make football decisions. They thought wrong.

RedDevil-85

So its Vardy this week, meh.
Cant have been much of a transfer plan this summer.We look clueless on every level, absolutely pathetic.
Club should be embarrassed and Ten Haag should be furious.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If the fee was right and it then allowed us to get say Antony and sell Ronaldo it may kinda make sense? 15 goals in 20 PL starts is kinda phenomenal at his age. I haven’t seen him recently so don’t know if he still runs the channels and presses as before though.

Longshanks

Feck it i bet we can coax big Peter Crouch of retirement aswell, why not?

Anything for a well past there best striker going cheap!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As long as he doesn’t cost a lot of transfer fees and not asking big wages then we should take him, short term option is only welcome for reasonable or small wages and fees. And also this allows me to get Iheanacho for my FPL team.

GreatDane

I´ll pass, thanks.
What happend to the Raúl de Tomás link, already dead? He looked more interesting and at 27 he´s a kid compared to these stopgap strikers we keep getting.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just remember, everyone now knows we need a striker. So, every agent with someone looking to move on their player, get their player a better deal/new contract will be using us to whatever ends they want.