Jamie Vardy - Manchester United considering move according to The Athletic/Adam Crafton

Fooza

Right. If it is then no - people wouldn’t be happy. You were moaning about people being fine with it - find someone on this place happy if our only remaining signings are rabiot and vardy?
I wasn't moaning about people being fine with it, I was talking about the standards going down

If you all are happy with absolute short term fixes - fair enough. But the club showing ambition by buying the likes of rabiot, arnautovic and vardy for me is more of just terrible panic buying

But you really think we could be getting anthony making you happy with this? odd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Vardy, morata, Rabiot and SMS. It's as if we're using scouting reports of 5 years ago
Would you be surprised if we were? Everything we briefed about the so-called new structure seems to have been BS. Would it be a huge shock if our recruitment department was just another fable, and nothing had come through it that the suits have paid attention to for several years?

Yeah this is my problem with it, even as a place holder there needs to be some joined up thinking
Joined up thinking at this Man Utd? Chance'd be a fine thing.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I can think of much much worse targets than Vardy. Offer a two-year deal and see if he wants to show he can score even when playing with a bunch of dummies! Seriously, this is about a million times better than Arnautovic or Spaniards in wheelchairs

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
35 years old, though, Bilbo. Surely there's someone younger?
He doesn't play like a 35 year old, at least when I watch him.

We obviously need a proper striker for the long term, but I can't think of anybody gettable right now. I'd rather we sort out the positions we can and get by until we can find one

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I wasn't moaning about people being fine with it, I was talking about the standards going down

If you all are happy with absolute short term fixes - fair enough. But the club showing ambition by buying the likes of rabiot, arnautovic and vardy for me is more of just terrible panic buying

But you really think we could anthony making you happy with this? odd
I’m realistic enough to know after spending 60m already and wanting to add FDJ and one of Gakpo/Antony that the CM, ST and RB aren’t going be big money signings. That’s not about standards - that’s realism. If you can find a ST for under 15-20m quid who has the goal record Vardy has then get on the blower to the club.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Vardy, Morata, and Rabiot would've been a hell of a summer five years ago

Born2Lose

At this point, with EtH seemingly not interested in giving youth a chance I'd take anyone who can kick a football. Last thing you want is a closed transfer window and no competition for Rashford, Sancho and De Gea. They're taking the peas now, they'll take it even more when the window is closed.

OleGunnar20

Honestly, enough of this madness already :lol: just buy a promising 22 year old and build up, like any normal, not insane club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Honestly, enough of this madness already :lol: just buy a promising 22 year old and build up, like any normal, not insane club.
We were linked with Sesko and a lot of the CAF were against it because he weren’t ready yet

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I can think of much much worse targets than Vardy. Offer a two-year deal and see if he wants to show he can score even when playing with a bunch of dummies! Seriously, this is about a million times better than Arnautovic or Spaniards in wheelchairs
Its not a question of worse targets, its a question of fit. This is Man Utd all over. Buying random good players and hoping a coach can figure out how they fit together.

How have we gone from looking for big guys who can hold the ball up and bring others into play e.g., Sesko, Kalajdzic, Arnautovic, to Jamie Vardy? Its like suggesting Milinkovic-Savic is the back up plan to De Jong. You're talking about totally different types of player.

If Ten Hag's goal was to bring a big man in to play off of, a sorta Sebastien Haller figure, then how has the club ended up looking at Vardy? It just looks chaotic and uncoordinated.

Fooza

I’m realistic enough to know after spending 60m already and wanting to add FDJ and one of Gakpo/Antony that the CM, ST and RB aren’t going be big money signings. That’s not about standards - that’s realism. If you can find a ST for under 15-20m quid who has the goal record Vardy has then get on the blower to the club.
Vardy isn't even suited to a high pressing style that FdJ wants, so people wanting this odd. Goal record for Leicester who play a different style. He's just another panic buy - standards are low

Good luck to you though if you're thinking we maybe getting FdJ and one of Gakpo/Antony. Give it another week and we'll be buying pensioners for those positions - you can be happy about that too.

The Gatekeeper

Supports
Southend United
I'm actually beginning to think you're broke. Like, legitimately broke.

Thiagoal

I’m wondering if all these short term options are because we’re waiting on the MG outcome before committing a lot of money to a long term solution… or we’re broke and have no adequate scouting to identify talented forwards for smaller fees

slored1

We truly are a work of art. Almost like someone is running an FM save to ruin us.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
For one, I don't think Vardy is a very logical player to sign for United, unless EtH has given up on his philosophy for the short term and will revert to counterattacking football for now. However, the reactions here are also quite delusional. United isn't going to be linked to top players or even top talent. Those kind of players want to go to teams that compete or at least play CL. Big club rejects and unproven talents are what United have to chose from these days. FdJ might be an exception because of Barca's issues and the link to the manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's 35 for starters, not 36, but this would be utter madness.

I swear the papers need us for their sales, but love sticking the boot in.

I half expect to see something like

"United in shock bid to bring Peter Crouch out of retirement" next.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Atheltic are up there with The Guardian/BBC in terms of reliability
Neither are up there with the BBC.

TheAthletic are just a massive collection of journo's stolen from other outlets. Some are reliable (Ornstein, Whithell), many are not.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The negative: he's a horizontally spinning rat.

The positive: he's a high quality horizontally spinning rat.

CM

Cursed club. Do they know we're allowed to sign strikers under 30?