Jamie Vardy - Manchester United considering move according to The Athletic/Adam Crafton

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
This club is a joke, is a falling empire, a failed state. Repeating every year's mistakes and expecting to get a different result.

Vernon Philander

Already a PL Legend, we could do a lot lot worse. As long as we manage his minutes a little, he will definitely add a lot to our struggling front line.

hobbers

Deserves exactly the same outrage that the Arnautovic offer got.

Jacob

Can we stop calling the club a joke, this, that and the other, until we've actually signed said player you think is a joke? Not everything you read is true.

Than you for coming to my Ted talk.

Trex

Why can't we go for someone like Real sociedad's Isak, young striker with good qualities but still some way to go, we bring him and he continue his development under ETH guidance or Lille Jonathan David.
Falcao, Ibrahimovic, Ighalo, Cavani and Ronaldo now Vardy?
We would never get any better this way, only fools do things the same way multiple times and expect a different outcome.

Last edited:

SATA

Yes I want. Is he still quick? This guy would put everyone in the squad to shame with his running and intensity at the age of 35 and is still good for 15 goals in the league

Flying high

If he's another one that needs 'pursuading' with a huge contract then 100% no.

No fee, one year deal, <£150k pw. Then sure, I'd take him. If he really wants to come. It would be his last chance to play for a huge club, so It's not impossible.

Chairman Steve

I feel there’s a bit of an overreaction in here like we’ve offered him a contract or something.

We’re just linked with him, nothing more. Only one source is reporting it. This could be just a smokescreen tactic for a real target. It could be Vardy agent shenanigans to get improved terms at Leicester.

Alemar

Isn’t he 56 years old already? What’s the point of these transfers, are there no forwards in the world at around 24-26 years of age we could take?

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Can we stop calling the club a joke, this, that and the other, until we've actually signed said player you think is a joke? Not everything you read is true.

Than you for coming to my Ted talk.
Agreed, some of us our so quick to stick daggers into the club they supposedly support.

I believe there's an element of truth in the Vardy link, and he's probably on a long list of possible candidates (together with plenty other, lesser known names). We may even end up signing him on a short term deal, but that eventuality is a long way off from happening at this point. No need to be so trigger happy on the "club is a joke" spiel

PieCrust

Vardy still better than any other foward on our team. At least he's an actual footballer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I gather the urgency but why are we obsessed with over the hill strikers? Having we had enough of the likes of Falcao, Cavani, Ronaldo and Ighalo? If we can't add a WC striker then lets go for someone whose on the cheap like Kaladjzic. If he does well then we would have our forward line sorted for the next 6-7 years. If not then the fee/salary would make it possible for us to sell him at the same price/minimum profit just as we did with James.

Jev

As I understand it, we want to play possession football, which Vardy is ill suited for.

But then, for variety's sake, ETH wants a big target man who can hold up play, which Vardy isn't.

It's very hard to see any discernable plan.

mav_9me

Such as ?
Isak. Or Rafael Leao if you think he can be a striker. Or Broja on loan for a hold up striker. Or Gapko.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know these players that well. But surely United would have a better idea.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i refuse to believe it until ross harwood says we’re in for him.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Should not be targeting anyone from Leicester, they don't have a single player that is good enough for a serious rebuild here.
sometimes you need a slump buster.

Superunknown

We've clearly got Matthew McConaughey in as our Chief Scout. He's linking us with everyone. No good just getting linked to one or two names. :drool:

FujiVice

This club is a joke, is a falling empire, a failed state.
Its not, sadly. It'd be better if it was, because the owners would sell. The club is a media giant, a money making juggernaut and one of the worlds leading franchises, which generates interests when they were in a champions league final or losing to Brentford. That's the saddest thing about it. The Glazers wont sell because success on the pitch doesnt matter to those creeps.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One of the most unlikeable players in the league.

Amsterdam Devil

This is a joke right? Signing 36 year old Vardy. We could ask 35 year old Cavani back, he hasn’t found a new club yet. And maybe re-sign 34 year old Mata who is not at a new club yet. Ridiculous transfer window with ridiculous transfer targets.