Janujaz v Gnabry

alastair

ignorant
Right, so we've got two young players here, both of whom play vaguely in the same kind of position and have broken onto the scene this year.

Firstly, Janujaz. He turned the game around v Sunderland with one good goal and one great goal.

He's shown glimpses of that ability since but is still very raw.

Then Gnabry. He has had fewer opportunities because of the quality of our midfield but he was fantastic against Swansea away from home, and then changed the game against Palace by winning the penalty and was generally our best player that day.

Who would you rather have, long-term? Who is more talented? Who's got the higher ceiling?

Drainy

Not seen enough of Gnabry to form an opinion, but Januzaj is a special talent.

Hopefully this turns out the same way the 'Ronaldo Vs Reyes' debate went

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Januzaj.

I haven't seen garby, but there's no way he's ever going to be as good as Januzaj.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You're actually asking a Manchester United forum would they rather Januzaj or Gnabry? :lol:

We wouldn't trade Adnan for any other eighteen year old in world football.

Haven't seen enough of Gnabry to comment on his potential, but Adnan is gonna be a star.

MDFC Manager

I bet this will be one of those threads that will get bumped 3-4 years down the line and will be laughed at.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Januzaj hasn't looked "very raw" at all. He's almost been the best player on the pitch for us every time he's played barring the last game. In fact, he's looked ridiculously mature for his age. Small amount of appearances but he's genuinely looked more at ease with the level of football than most of our first teamers.

I like how Alastair plays down Januzaj by calling putting his performances in stats and glimpses, whereas the arsenal chap was "basically the best player that day" and "fantastic" another day.

alastair

ignorant
You're actually asking a Manchester United forum would they rather Januzaj or Gnarby? :lol:

We wouldn't trade Adnan for any other eighteen year old in world football.

Haven't seen enough of Gnarby to comment on his potential, but Adnan is gonna be a star.

I'm merely try to get some views on why they're so special and what their top level is.

What can Januzaj become? Ronaldinho? Messi?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Gotta be honest here Al, I've not seen Gnabry enough to have any opinion of him yet. Hope both of them are fantastic players because it's great for the league.

Bestie07

Haven't seen enough of Gnabry, but for him to be anywhere near Adnan, he has to be really really special, because that is what Januzaj is. And as KC said, I doubt any United fan would trade Januzaj for any eighteen year old in world football.

alastair

ignorant
Januzaj hasn't looked "very raw" at all. He's almost been the best player on the pitch for us every time he's played barring the last game. In fact, he's looked ridiculously mature for his age. Small amount of appearances but he's genuinely looked more at ease with the level of football than most of our first teamers.

I like how Alastair plays down Januzaj by calling putting his performances in stats and glimpses, whereas the arsenal chap was "basically the best player that day" and "fantastic" another day.

Christ, it's abundantly obvious it's an inflammatory post to get some debate going.

gormless

Gnabry looked decent the one time I've seen him. If I was going to judge off one performance I would say he's gonna be a good player. But Adnan has shown so many qualities this year. Not that its an indicator of ability but the average football fan is aware of Januzaj (due to what he's achieved already), Gnabry not so much

KiD MoYeS

I'm merely try to get some views on why they're so special and what their top level is.

What can Januzaj become? Ronaldinho? Messi?
I see a lot of Kaká in Januzaj to be honest. He's not gonna be a Messi or Ronaldo beast I don't think, but then again, who is?

alastair

ignorant
Gnabry has seemingly got everything. Pace, poise, touch. He went on a great run v Swansea and gave Giroud a sitter to miss.

He then got sick of passing and stuck one in the corner himself. That was a 9/10 display for even a top player.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
Janu jaz has been our best attacking outlet on numerous occasions. Gernarby's a way behind for the moment. Obviously can't tell who'll end up the better player in the long run but for now I'd rather have Januzaj.

KiD MoYeS

There's no doubting his talent, judging my this YouTube video. Adnan has certainly had more of an impact on our first team, and will probably continue to do so. Due to Arsenal's strength in midfield it might suit Gnabry to go on loan.

alastair

ignorant
Is the reason Januzaj has appeared better because he's the only creative option in your midfield? I get the impression that if he played for us, he'd look average.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Isn't Gnabry a winger? Not following the school of thought he's not had as many chances because of the quality of Arsenal's midfield, if anything they could have done with more width at OT.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
More likely the Nani v Nasri thread, where it turned out they were both over-hyped.
Very much doubt it. Januzaj has to be the most special player I've ever seen coming through the ranks. His maturity is beyond his years and his potential is absolutely phenomenal. I do think if he keeps progressing he'll be one of the top 10 best players in the world within a few short years. As long as he keeps working hard that is.

alastair

ignorant
Isn't Gnabry a winger? Not following the school of thought he's not had as many chances because of the quality of Arsenal's midfield, if anything they could have done with more width at OT.

That might have had something to do with having no Walcott, Chamberlain or Podolski for the game.

KiD MoYeS

Is the reason Januzaj has appeared better because he's the only creative option in your midfield? I get the impression that if he played for us, he'd look average.
No, you couldn't be more wrong. He's been the bright spark in a largely dull side, yes. But, his talent is there for all to see, top clubs were reportedly queuing up to sign him when his contract was still up in the air. I've no doubt in my mind Wenger would take him in a heartbeat. From recent times he's the best player to have come through, alongside Morrison and Pogba.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I've never had chocolate ice cream but there is no way it can possibly be as good as vanilla ice cream. Ever.
:lol:

Zalalem looks like a good talent to me too, don't think he will be as good as Adnan though.

Sam

Gnabry looks really good from the little I've seen of him. Very direct, great pace, bags of confidence. Reckon he could have a higher ceiling then the likes of Walcott and Ox. Although that might be jumping the gun a bit.

As for Januzaj, he just looks special. For a 18 year old playing in United's first team, under the circumstances this season, he's looks so composed. I know you're trying to start debate by saying things like would he looks average at Arsenal or is he only standing out cos of United's current midfield, but he's still playing with the likes of Rooney and RVP and not even looking inferior. The guys just got that something about him.