Januzaj | Confirmed: On Loan at Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidic blood & sand

Sky news are running a headline reporting that Dortmund and United are in talks over a year long loan deal.
I find this an odd decision by us if its true.
If he goes out on loan, surely he needs to be playing in the premier league in order to get used to it for us?
He would also strengthen any premier league team which would help us against our rivals.

Jev

Surely something is happening, then? If we let both Januzaj and Hernandez go then we should even be looking at two forwards, not just one. Our transfer dealings have been so odd ever since we wrapped up those triple deals.

Also seems like the wrong club, competition is very strong for his favoured position at Dortmund. Perhaps stronger than here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There's a good reason we have a transfer forum.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Griezmann+Zlatan (yes Martial will do i guess).

Chicharito_

Sky news are running a headline reporting that Dortmund and United are in talks over a year long loan deal.
I find this an odd decision by us if its true.
If he goes out on loan, surely he needs to be playing in the premier league in order to get used to it for us?

It would strengthen teams which would help us.
Very strange, we must have Martial almost sealed but it's madness to think a 19 year old who has hardly played any games will have a bigger impact than Adnan. I'm hoping we have someone else lined up..

Revan

Assumptionman
Weird, considering that very likely he won't start there too. But even if he plays just half the minutes, it will be worthy. They are a top team with top coaches.

Browniee

fecking hell didn't see that coming!!

We haven't got any fecking attackers left!
For the love of God, what is the club doing?
Madness

m1tch

Odd decision, wasn't he meant to be a back up forward this year?
Looks like we're selling Hernandez, loaning out Januzaj, and you'd back both of them over Rooney who's all we'll be left with it seems.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
LVG stated he consults Rooney on team selection, maybe Rooney is asked on transfers as well?

rotherham_red

If it means Reus coming in the other way I'm all for it. Not sure how Adnan gets the game time to develop there though.

Angelinho

Meh, it's just a rumour, and would only happen if we had an adequate replacement.

Cina

There's a good reason we have a transfer forum.
For incoming players. What's the point in using it for players we own? We've always used the Utd forum to discuss outgoing transfers.

khoazany

Everyone know we haven't agreed to loan him right?

We might just reject the proposed deal and that's it.

Spoony

The People's President
Hernandez
Januzaj
Evans
Rojo?
Linegaard

Hmmm, we need to be strengthening the defence and attack but... And if DDG goes...

Kakeru

I dont see use of Januzaj getting German football under his belt..
Efficiency and effectiveness in the execution of the passing game... a.k.a. something that other English clubs are too daft or not skilled enough to teach despite all the crap on guts and glory.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Not even remotely surprised.

Yes he was playing recently but no, emphatically, his decision making has not improved over the past 18 months and he still needs game time.

Could be one of the rare loans where the player comes back all the better for it. Let him express himself and work on transitional phases with Tuchel and return with greater maturity for Louis' final push. Or if all else fails, sold to a club that will suit his game.

Clearly incomings on the way of a greater standard (today). Makes me wonder why Pedro amounted to nothing even more though.

Jev

Here he's competing with Mata, Depay, Young, Fellaini, Herrera and Rooney.

At Dortmund he'll be competing with Shinji, Reus, Kuba, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. And unlike us, they don't have any reason to think about his long-term development. I could see him getting even fewer games there than he would here. And then surely it would be preferable to at least have him as an option.

Last edited:

vidic blood & sand

I dont see use of Januzaj getting German football under his belt..
Yeah this is what I thought as well.
The benefits of Januzai going out on loan in the premier league, are that he can strengthen a midtable team playing against our rivals, and gain premier league experience at the same time.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
It's only worth it if there's an agreement over Reus coming to us in the near future. Otherwise it's a pointless move from the club.

I'd rather him to to Liverpool/Spurs on loan to gain Premier League experience at a club that is competing for Europe.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For incoming players. What's the point in using it for players we own? We've always used the Utd forum to discuss outgoing transfers.
Because as this thread shows, lots seem to think it's actually done rather than just a rumour because it's in the United forum?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Here he's competing with Mata, Depay, Young, Herrera and Rooney.

At Dortmund he'll be competing with Shinji, Reus, Kuba, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan. And unlike us, they don't have any reason to think about his long-term development. I could see him getting even fewer games there than he would here. And then surely it would be preferable to at least have him as an option.
Pretty much this. With our obvious lack of depth in the four attacking positions, he should get at least 20 games, probably more, for us this season. No point in loaning him out.

Cina

It's only worth it if there's an agreement over Reus coming to us in the near future. Otherwise it's a pointless move from the club.

I'd rather him to to Liverpool/Spurs on loan to gain Premier League experience at a club that is competing for Europe.
... do you know who Dortmund are?

Infra-red

Out: RvP, Falcao, Hernandez, Di Maria, Nani, Januzaj

In: Depay

Not sure Ed and Louis have thought this all the way through.

Cina

Because as this thread shows, lots seem to think it's actually done rather than just a rumour because it's in the United forum?
only because the title was originally worded so poorly.

Shark

@NotShark
Pretty much this. With our obvious lack of depth in the four attacking positions, he should get at least 20 games, probably more, for us this season. No point in loaning him out.
That's assuming we're bringing in nobody else.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he doesn't believe Januzaj has what it takes to make a consistent contribution here.

This may end up being a precursor to a permanent move I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.