jason Tindall /sack watch

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
has been given the Bournemouth job on a 3 year deal.

Interesting choice. He was Eddie Howes assistant and knows the club and current set up very well.

Former manager of Weymouth. He took over when the money problems started the last time we were in the conference. He took over in very trying circumstances and although he steadied the ship somewhat, he underwhelmed. Chants of Tindall out started as we went 0-3 down to a poor Salisbury side and he was sacked shortly after.

I'll be interested in how he does.

Infestissumam

Howe's assistant for 11 years and played 9 seasons for them as well. Think it's great that a club is willing to stay true to themselves and hire from within, although I do think a bit of fresh air after Howe wouldn't have been the worst idea. Either way, I hope he does well ... always had a bit of a soft spot for Bournemouth.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Agreed to part ways with Howe to go in a new direction without then appoint his right hand man. Makes no sense.

neilv93

Agreed to part ways with Howe to go in a new direction without then appoint his right hand man. Makes no sense.
I'm sure Tindall will have his own ideas and changes he'll want to implement. Just because he was Howe's assistant doesn't mean he agreed with everything Eddie did. I'll be intrigued to see how Tindall does, anyway - certainly a bold appointment given their intention to come straight back up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I guess they are hoping he has reviewed the mistakes that were made, understand what was good and make the appropriate changes to address them.

Losing Ake is a big miss because their GA record was poor even with him in it so that’s going to be a big job to sort out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I guess they are hoping he has reviewed the mistakes that were made, understand what was good and make the appropriate changes to address them.

Losing Ake is a big miss because their GA record was poor even with him in it so that’s going to be a big job to sort out.
They will be playing at a much lower standard so probably don't need too much surgery there.

However, with 40m for Ake and 40m parachute payments they'll certainly have ever so slightly more wad than my boys Wycombe!

Probably pay three times more to Wilson than we pay our whole squad!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going to be very tough I think but then I'd say anyone following Howe has a near impossible task.

Who was the last long serving number 2 to step up and be amazing?

Bojan11

If they get promoted they will though.
They first need to do the promoted job before worrying about their defence in the premier league, which they might not even make.

Fulham had a shocking defence in the premier league. Odoi looks like a footballer in the championship.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They first need to do the promoted job before worrying about their defence in the premier league, which they might not even make.

Fulham had a shocking defence in the premier league. Odoi looks like a footballer in the championship.
Obviously. I was making the point that if they end up getting to the PL then the problem will still be the same if they don't address it now in the Championship.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This will be a tough job for him. It’s a fantastic opportunity. I can see it being one of those where it goes one of two ways. Either battle for promotion or battle against relegation.

The Championship is unforgiving if you don’t get things right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For one mad moment I thought this was some rugby guy, in a real left field move :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This will be a tough job for him. It’s a fantastic opportunity. I can see it being one of those where it goes one of two ways. Either battle for promotion or battle against relegation.

The Championship is unforgiving if you don’t get things right.
Bournemouth won't be battling relegation. They're already getting a £40m parachute payment over 95% of the division, plus £40m from Ake.

Shift Wilson and maybe someone else off, and they're coming in with potentially £120m or so up on most of the league!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bournemouth won't be battling relegation. They're already getting a £40m parachute payment over 95% of the division, plus £40m from Ake.

Shift Wilson and maybe someone else off, and they're coming in with potentially £120m or so up on most of the league!
Sunderland and Stoke are just two examples of bigger clubs who got those parachute payments. It means very little if the team doesn’t take to the manager and you get off to a bad start. Things can go downhill rapidly even with a team of PL experienced players!

Not to mention that you are taking away their best player by far and possibly their only source of consistent goals if Wilson/King does too.

Hope he gets them back up. Always got the impression Bournemouth weren't a million miles away from becoming a very good team.

Dan_F

Makes no sense to me, but there you go.

Have they made any infrastructure changes to their stadium or training ground? Seems like a wasted opportunity with PL money coming in for an extended period of time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sunderland and Stoke are just two examples of bigger clubs who got those parachute payments. It means very little if the team doesn’t take to the manager and you get off to a bad start. Things can go downhill rapidly even with a team of PL experienced players!

Not to mention that you are taking away their best player by far and possibly their only source of consistent goals if Wilson/King does too.
Those teams had some criminal mismanagement.
It'd be a shocker if Bournemouth go the same way.

And I'm not talking promotion contenders, I'm just saying they won't be near the bottom.