Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He's obviously talking in terms of appearances. Hernandez plays a bit part role in the team with only 6 league starts all season, Falcao isn't going to come in and replace that. Whereas Rooney plays a key role in the squad and if he were to leave it would open up the space for Falcao to come in and start the majority of games.

Cevno

But Falcao will replace Rooney's role?
Falcao's role is similar to RVPs for us isnt it? He definitely doesnt play Rooney's role.
RVP has played behind Adebayor for Arsenal and also started his career as a SS. So i assume he will go there if hypothetically we sign Falcao.

Meant in terms of squad status anyway, rather than playing style/position.

Care_de_Bobo

Rooney has to go if Falcao comes in. Doesn't make any sense to let cheech go. Falcao wont come to replace his role.
Why can't we play Rooney and RVP behind Falcao in a 433 or something? It could work, both can play that killer through ball and are arguably the best at crossing in the squad, they both work extremely hard as well.

No point persisting with wingers, if they're not playing well enough, just for the sake of it.

LR7

I don't think we are getting Falcao anyway, but this makes no sense. I know RvP can play there but he isn't as good in that position as Rooney is. I know you were just suggesting he would have to replace one of the regular starters rather than Hernandez who is more of a squad player. But it'd leave us lacking imo.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
we're not signing Falcao, and we're not moving Chicharito.

But if Falcao were to come here, I'd actualy see Rooney moving into midfield being a way more beliavable option than him being sold. Meaning by signing Falcao we'd basicaly be moving Falcao in RvP's position, RvP in Rooney's position, and Rooney would take up the place next to Carrick (ofcourse this is me talking in general, obviously there would be rotations and at times someone like Rooney and RvP might find himself on the wings or something).

Platato

Psst!
I know Hernandez won't get a lot of praise today but for me, it is very exciting to see him slowly develop into a complete forward. That pass to RvP summed it up for me. Combination of strength, vision and good hold-up play. He is slowly putting these attributes together and I hope he continues to improve his involvement with the build up play. He just seems to be playing more naturally.

Mistakes will be made obviously but I think he's done quite well for not starting in the league for over a month. Not going to deny I love this lad. I have followed his journey for a while now and I hope he becomes recognised as a top striker. His determination and overall attitude deserves it. Not many players come here and improve whilst being a super sub. He's been patient and efficient. Not much more we can ask of him. He's a great lad and I hope he stays for a very long time.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He didn't get a great deal of service and what he did get was out of his reach. I thought he did well, and would like to see him develop a partnership with RVP - thought it had great potential. Rooney in midfield always inspires a lot of debate.

Cevno

I don't like RVP and him playing together tbh, unless it's a diamond.

He did decent today though.

wr8_utd

:'(
Falcao isn't coming here. Even Fergie wouldn't be mad enough to try have him, Rooney and RvP in one team.

Skywarden

He made a brilliant set up for RVP in the second half. Going to see if I can get a gif of it.

LR7

This image shows not a single touch in the box for Hernandez today, which is a bit of a shame as it shows were not providing him with much effective service. Hope he gets a few more games this season anyway.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Shut up about Falcao! It's such obvious bollocks.
It's sad when in this day and age people believe such bollocks.

Also re above. Stoke aren't the sort of team you can get past easily and cross. Also they sit in a bank of four deep which means most crossing is pretty pointless against them.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Thought he did well when he got the ball in the lead up play. Though we gave him nothing in front of goal which was disappointing.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Just saw a stat that he has the best goals per minute ratio in the premier league ever. Not bad.

Shark

@NotShark
West Ham away is the type of fixture that Hernandez thrives in. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, but more likely he'll be a great option from the bench if we're down or drawing.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Has to start tonight otherwise there was no point in starting him last game alongside the players we went with on that occasion. We have to give those players the opportunity to connect in consecutive games.

We also took him off a little early so he should be reasonably fresh.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looked sharp when he came on and offered us more than Rooney and van Persie had upfront the entire match. His energy and running inbetween is brilliant.

Hope he stays and hope he starts to get more game time.

LR7

Sometimes we expect miracles from him. When he came on and changed the game at Villa Park he came on at half time so had 45 mins to get into the game and work his magic. Yes he can be a super sub but give the lad more than 12 mins.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should've been on sooner.

I hope he doesn't leave, but if he does then I wouldn't blame him. Would be starting for most other teams.

LR7

Yeah, agreed. Came on too late and for the wrong guy.
Yeah Shinji was the only one who looked like creating something, Hernandez would have latched onto the balls he was playing better than anyone

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He worked hard, is always alive and testing the opposition, not giving them a minutes peace. The opposite to Wayne Rooney tonight.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He's deserved more starts than he's had.

Devil may care

He gave us some much needed energy up top when he came on, did enough to earn a start against Villa.

Brocky

With all the focus on RVP, Chicha hasn't had the credit he deserves, imo.

He's been brilliant for us when we've needed him to be this season. He's scored some vital goals and has nicked 3 points for us a few times.

Also, and I may be deliriously incorrect here, but I'm sure I read somewhere that he has a better minute/goal ratio than Falcao this year...?

Still love the lad!

Brightonian

He's been brilliant for us when we've needed him to be this season. He's scored some vital goals and has nicked 3 points for us a few times.
If you didn't know the stats and watched this thread, you could easily believe he'd won us as many points as RVP. So many crucial goals.

Could our forward department be more awesome? RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck. Mmmmmm.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Also, and I may be deliriously incorrect here, but I'm sure I read somewhere that he has a better minute/goal ratio than Falcao this year...?

Still love the lad!
Yep, Newcastle at home, Villa and Chelsea away were huge games and he saved us in all of them. I'd hate to see him leave.

Platato

Psst!
I am sure he will stay. He's a unique lad. He's getting better each and every time I see him. He wants to be in contention so I'm sure he will feature more next season. Promising talent.

Brightonian

I am sure he will stay. He's a unique lad. He's getting better each and every time I see him. He wants to be in contention so I'm sure he will feature more next season. Promising talent.
Plus RVP is not going to be young for ever. We saw this season that overplaying him already risks a little bit of fatigue. Hernandez knows he'll get plenty of football. Especially if Welbeck continues to refuse to score goals!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Probably my favourite United player at the moment, he's just a class act and such a likeable lad.

AttackingFlair

Great to have him in the squad, to have someone like that who doesn't play every game but still scores the amount he does.. just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.