Jesse Lingard | Seoul singer

Matst1

We didn’t give £200k or even close to that (for about the 8th time on this thread:rolleyes:) it’s approx £100k - £120k plus bonuses (probably none of which he’s achieved).
Thats what i thought and looked it up before replied to the comment saying it was 100k, but the Guardian were saying its close to 200k, they might be adding on all his bonus's though

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Thats what i thought and looked it up before replied to the comment saying it was 100k, but the Guardian were saying its close to 200k, they might be adding on all his bonus's though
It’s the MSM - purveyors of BS mate. Why say £100k + bonuses when £200k is way more clickbaity! All our transfer dealings in terms of fees and wages included a lot of bonuses and add ons. It’s only common sense if you buy that many player and knowing some aren’t going to work.

Chairman Steve

I’m surprised he hasn’t been snapped up yet, which makes me think he’s going to the MLS or Saudi.

I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that a bunch of our players from the Solskjaer days who were first team players are going to be found in one of those places, and you realise how much of a joke the United squad has been in the past few years when they’re all plying their trades in the lesser leagues within 24 months.

crossy1686

career ending
I’m surprised he hasn’t been snapped up yet, which makes me think he’s going to the MLS or Saudi.

I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that a bunch of our players from the Solskjaer days who were first team players are going to be found in one of those places, and you realise how much of a joke the United squad has been in the past few years when they’re all plying their trades in the lesser leagues within 24 months.
What makes you surprised?

Dve

Should have stayed at West Ham where he was looking to get in career back on track. Some bad decisions, both from him and the club.

crossy1686

career ending
Seeing that it took Forest half a season to realise it wasn’t worth the time and in that time him not securing another gig elsewhere.
He’s made the worst choices a professional footballer could make. If anyone needed an agent to guide him, it’s this guy. He’ll be lucky to get a gig anywhere with the performances he puts in, not to mention the salary and output.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I was expecting he'd drop down a league, at this point. I would be somewhat surprised if an MLS or Saudi team was really interested.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Seeing that it took Forest half a season to realise it wasn’t worth the time and in that time him not securing another gig elsewhere.
I guess you didn’t pay attention to his injury mid season when he was playing pretty well? By the time he was fit, Danilo was scoring for fun in his position.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd take a chance on him he could develop into a good player and he's on a free. Ten Hag could coach him into being a good player

Cloud7

I'm not surprised in the slightest. The wage to quality ratio of a lot of our players and ex players is absolutely insane.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
That's the fecking joke. Having different people repeating different variations mocking the media calling him young makes it funny. You dullard.
His talent is not a joke. Think he could crack soon, so might have to get him while it's -not yet too- hot

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Imagine if he goes to Inter Miami. One of a few players to play with Messi and Ronaldo.

Red Comet

To be fair Lingard didn't feature much during OGS days. Most of the players that were bought around during OGS days are still rather successful in ETH's team, like Bruno and AWB. OGS was pushing for Jude Bellingham but he didn't want to sign for us. Harry McGuire was the one that we thought would push on but somehow it was almost like they replace him with another player while the real McGuire was languishing somewhere in a Greek prison cell. Sancho as well - it's not just us but in general a lot of players who were hot in Bundesliga didn't turn out so well in EPL, e.g. Kai Havertz, Timo Werner.

If there were any thing to be criticised about our transfer policy it's that we allowed too many players too many chances and we sell super poorly.

IRN-BRUno

Imagine if he goes to Inter Miami. One of a few players to play with Messi and Ronaldo.
He's training with them at the moment.

Was linked to DC United too but Rooney made it clear they weren't interested in signing him.

stevoc

There must be a club out there looking to pay £100k+ per week for a consultant to spruce up their games room and kick start their social media presence?

GoldanoGraham

Think the MLS would definitely suit him…he would fit in in the US easily and no language barrier.

He isn’t EPL standard now - more so from an application mentality point of view.

Needs a change of scene.

Amir

Should have stayed at West Ham where he was looking to get in career back on track. Some bad decisions, both from him and the club.
One of the weirest decisions in recent years. I can almost see why Lingard wanted to come back to United - it was his last chance to play for a big club - but United wanting to keep him was absurd. We just threw away millions for nothing.

SAFMUTD

I dont think we'll see him in the EPL again. Maybe some team in italy or MLS.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I think you were overstating it a tad saying that Danilo was scoring for fun.
Nope - all decent hits and made it look easy - 3 in consecutive matches from a young midfielder. Its not Lingards fault that he couldn’t get a start ahead of Danilo.

Golden Nugget

To be fair Lingard didn't feature much during OGS days. Most of the players that were bought around during OGS days are still rather successful in ETH's team, like Bruno and AWB. OGS was pushing for Jude Bellingham but he didn't want to sign for us. Harry McGuire was the one that we thought would push on but somehow it was almost like they replace him with another player while the real McGuire was languishing somewhere in a Greek prison cell. Sancho as well - it's not just us but in general a lot of players who were hot in Bundesliga didn't turn out so well in EPL, e.g. Kai Havertz, Timo Werner.

If there were any thing to be criticised about our transfer policy it's that we allowed too many players too many chances and we sell super poorly.
i mean I’m not sure if the misspelling was on purpose but people often forget this. He had a good first season but was horrid for a few months after the agreement fiasco. Turned back to being ok - then eventually became a meme.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he’ll retire and conquer the fashion industry, just like he conquered football.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Nope - all decent hits and made it look easy - 3 in consecutive matches from a young midfielder. Its not Lingards fault that he couldn’t get a start ahead of Danilo.
He only joined yous for the money anyway. West ham would have been a better move career wise, he’d of had a trophy.