Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Unless James and Martial leave, when Rashford gets back Lingard won't even make the bench at all if everyone is fit.

red4ever 79

Unless James and Martial leave, when Rashford gets back Lingard won't even make the bench at all if everyone is fit.
I agree. His position is a winger or attacking midfielder
LW
Rashford
Martial
Pogba
Sancho

RW
Sancho
Greenwood
James
Mata

Number 10
Bruno
Pogba
VDB
Will hardly play once everyone is available

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And that was exactly my initial post, wasn't it. That he could be a starter / key player at another team but seems to prefer to sit on United's bench.
Your original post wasn’t as straight as that was it, which is why you got called out

Matt851

so West Ham had cash all along and we err... just didn't want to sell him?

makes feckall sense he had a great spell there
I dont have any insider knowledge but sounds like they wanted him but werent willing to pay anything like the £25m we wanted given his age and the fact his contract will expire next summer. Our ridiculous valuation may well mean we pay his big salary for anothet year and lose out on the fee

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
From what I’ve seen of Sancho so far, Lingard would be far more effective.
I am having to fight off "poor man's Lingard" thoughts in my head.
But it's certainly not the game to judge.

We can't get any decent ball to our front 4.

OverratedOpinion

Or maybe it’s UTD management and training that’s at fault, as Lingard proved there’s a good player in there at West Ham last season.

Sancho has looked extremely average so far.
You must think Bruno is the greatest player to ever live.

OverratedOpinion

Not entirely sure how you come to that juvenile conclusion, but for reference my choice would be Diego Maradona...
I am not sure how you don't understand such an obvious observation.

Utd's Management turns Lingard from one of the best players in the league to one of the worst. Under the exact same management Bruno is one of the best players in the league or even Europe so his natural level must be untouchable. I fail to believe you don't understand the point.

Could it not just be that Lingard went through a purple patch at a side that teams don't sit deep against. Is Joe Willock one of the best players in the country?

Juvenile my arse.

ghagua

He will sign a new contract by Christmas. United will "protect" their transfer fee instead of letting him walk free at the end of the season

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's just a planted story to stop West Ham being stingy cnuts.

Skeezix

You're implying Lingard would be worth more if he wasn't on the last year of his contract? Christ!

With less than 12 months left on his contract, you can't blame a team wanting to pay less or waiting for his contract to expire. £15-20m and we should bite their hand off.
Well, I was comparing hypothetical deals between 2 options.
JLingz+PJ4 for 18 million vs JLingz alone for 25 million

In that context alone 25 million is very good.

But yeah, in this market we will never get 25 million for Jesse Lingard. He'll leave on free next season and that is completely fine

Kag

It's just a planted story to stop West Ham being stingy cnuts.
This is likely.

You’d have to question Lingard’s ambition and desire to play regular football if he decided to piss about here for another year or so. He won’t be starting many games at all.

red4ever 79

Funny he’s already come on as a sub
Bless him. Will be even further down the pecking order once the king roles up. Imagine we start with Rashford Ronaldo and Sancho, with Cavani and Greenwood to come off the bench. In fact I doubt Jessie will even make the bench most games

Fooza

Bless him. Will be even further down the pecking order once the king roles up. Imagine we start with Rashford Ronaldo and Sancho, with Cavani and Greenwood to come off the bench. In fact I doubt Jessie will even make the bench most games
Don't forget Martial too

lenny_1248

I just freaking don't understand him. He won't play there. In most occasions he would not even come on as a substitute.
He needs to play, he needs to find his rhytm. He will just play an odd game in cups. Is he happy being on the bench?
What about his ambitions to play for England?
Weak mentality.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The bench is big & we don’t have a lot of midfield options, especially good pressers if James goes

red4ever 79

The bench is big & we don’t have a lot of midfield options, especially good pressers if James goes
7 players on the bench no?
Henderson
Lindelof
Telles
Bailly
Matic
DVB
Cavani
Martial
Greenwood

There is 9 above. Depends how we line up in cm also. As there is Fred Mctom and Pogba for 2 positions so one of those 3 will be on the bench also

Status
Not open for further replies.