Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Honestly, we should take about 15m for him at this point. I really hope he goes in the next few days for him as much as us.
I think we would now, when you think what we spent on Ronaldo, that would basically recoup the fee.

Robbie Boy

Obviously the cost is in the wages, but still bloody ridiculous!
Yup, absolutely insane!

It's still a shame that West Ham weren't railroaded into paying 25m to 30m for him straight after his loan spell. We would be doing well to get 15m for him at this point.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Who would you say is? I’d pick him over Mata who I like but is getting on, and VDB who although I think could be good never seems to get a go.
VDB, maybe even Pogba or any other talented youngsters. I think Lingards time is over and in the past few years he's been shockingly poor

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
VDB, maybe even Pogba or any other talented youngsters. I think Lingards time is over and in the past few years he's been shockingly poor
Pogba is better but obviously he’s in the starting eleven already. I’d rate Lingard over VDB at the minute, has more goals in him and he was fantastic for West Ham.

zenith

Let's just try and take whatever we can get for him at this point. It's ridiculous for him to be stuck around here any longer, he'll hardly get any minutes at all and this is the situation when amad is out on loan and rashford is due to be back in a month.

Take even 15 million and run, at least let's recover the Ronaldo money

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yup, absolutely insane!

It's still a shame that West Ham weren't railroaded into paying 25m to 30m for him straight after his loan spell. We would be doing well to get 15m for him at this point.
I'm still really shocked, considering their only attacker worth a penny is Antonio and he inevitably going to get injured. I thought they'd be snapping at us to agree a deal early.

Strats

Really hope he gets sold. Very suprised he's not pushing for a move which would be without a shadow of a doubt the best move for his career.

Feel like he cares more about being able to call himself a Man United player than doing whats best for him. Don't think he has the mentality to perform under pressure since he performed well at West Ham where there was less pressure and he could start games on a consistent basis.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Yup, absolutely insane!

Even more surprising now they've dropped close to 30m on buying Kurt Zouma from Chelsea; clearly money was not as big an issue as we were lead to believe.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Really hope he gets sold. Very suprised he's not pushing for a move which would be without a shadow of a doubt the best move for his career.

Feel like he cares more about being able to call himself a Man United player than doing whats best for him. Don't think he has the mentality to perform under pressure since he performed well at West Ham where there was less pressure and he could start games on a consistent basis.
Shows his personality and attitude. He rather sits in the stands focusing on his brands and chilling with his friends than push for a football career.

AneRu

I'm still really shocked, considering their only attacker worth a penny is Antonio and he inevitably going to get injured. I thought they'd be snapping at us to agree a deal early.
That's Moyes for you, I bet they come in on deadline day with a loan offer or something crazy like loan with an option. I think everyone knows we have a bloated squad and will struggle to register some of these players and they will be taking their chances on Tuesday.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's Moyes for you, I bet they come in on deadline day with a loan offer or something crazy like loan with an option. I think everyone knows we have a bloated squad and will struggle to register some of these players and they will be taking their chances on Tuesday.
I probably think it's more Sullivan and Gold. To be fair, they have all the leverage now and they're playing well without him for now, so it's appearing the right move to have done.

Dante

Average bang
A lot of posters wrote off Lingard far too early. And now their desperate for that to be case for the sake of their online reputations - despite the fact Lingard's obviously turned things around after his bout with mental health and family issues.

He's still a good player and would be our most reliable second choice #10.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The thing is Moyes has a different standard. His attacking midfielder is someone in the mold of Fabregas or Toni Kroos.

AneRu

I probably think it's more Sullivan and Gold. To be fair, they have all the leverage now and they're playing well without him for now, so it's appearing the right move to have done.
Still think he will end up at West Ham, either on loan or for a fee under £15m on deadline day. Coming in for him early on in the window would have seen us demanding £25m for him but come deadline day and after spending £120m with more than the allowed 25 players they know we will be eager to get rid as he has one year left on his deal. Unless a Crystal Palace or Everton decide otherwise they have us cornered.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Still think he will end up at West Ham, either on loan or for a fee under £15m on deadline day. Coming in for him early on in the window would have seen us demanding £25m for him but come deadline day and after spending £120m with more than the allowed 25 players they know we will be eager to get rid as he has one year left on his deal. Unless a Crystal Palace or Everton decide otherwise they have us cornered.
Yeah, I still think he will as well. £15m is fair all things considered.

bosskeano

looks like his move to West Ham might be off if they are going to make this move

West Ham are close to agreeing a £25m deal to sign Nikola Vlasic from CSKA Moscow.

hobbers

A lot of posters wrote off Lingard far too early. And now their desperate for that to be case for the sake of their online reputations - despite the fact Lingard's obviously turned things around after his bout with mental health and family issues.

He's still a good player and would be our most reliable second choice #10.
:lol: Everyone with eyes wrote Lingard off as being suitable for our level and everyone was right to do so.

How has he obviously turned anything around?

Member 101269

Would you want to leave united now Ronnie has joined. Having Ronnie isn't going to make it easy to shift JLingz or others.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You think he will be 2nd choice during the season for a position behind the striker or winger?
I’m not saying he will or he won’t just that you’re making a lot of assumptions, one of which was blatantly wrong since he came on as a sub in the last game

Matt851

I've no idea. If he maintains his West Ham numbers I'm pretty sure he'd get some game time though.

Maybe he just wants one more try at playing for the club he loves?
The thing is he wont maintain the numbers he produced at west ham. Those tailed off towards the end of his loan spell and most pf the goals he got were as a result of counter attacking opportunities which wont occur as regularly at united

We should sell him even if for 10m

Andrew7582

We have already seen over many years that lingard doesn't possess the creative skills to play as a 10 for us. He is the number 10 version of dan james, only effective when there is lots of space for him to run into on the counter attack. He is still here because Ole is being too soft and sentimental with him. If Ole had given him a firmer nudge he would have been out the door by now.

Ivor Ballokov

The thing is he wont maintain the numbers he produced at west ham. Those tailed off towards the end of his loan spell and most pf the goals he got were as a result of counter attacking opportunities which wont occur as regularly at united

We should sell him even if for 10m
I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. What I disagreed with was Escobar's personal attack on Lingard's motives.

GMoore23

Would you want to leave united now Ronnie has joined. Having Ronnie isn't going to make it easy to shift JLingz or others.
It should make it easier when they're not even going to get enough starts to be eligible for a League winners medal.

Tarrou

so West Ham had cash all along and we err... just didn't want to sell him?

makes feckall sense he had a great spell there

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I've no idea. If he maintains his West Ham numbers I'm pretty sure he'd get some game time though.

Maybe he just wants one more try at playing for the club he loves?
What gives you the indication that he gets regular games and, that he improves his numbers playing for United?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I’m not saying he will or he won’t just that you’re making a lot of assumptions, one of which was blatantly wrong since he came on as a sub in the last game
In the first game, yes. With everyone available and fit, do you think he will get lots of games or even starting them? I don't see that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
West Ham really want him, we're probably desperate to shift him, and he cannot accept that he's not good enough to be here. It's not like he's being paid small money for being a utility player either. He probably believes, with some justification, that eventually the club will give him a new deal and that'll be that.

I don't have anything against him personally, he's just one example of how badly run the club has been in terms of contracts and sales, though we've improved of late when it comes to acquiring players.

red4ever 79

he’s a squad player if he stays. He will get time as a sub
He will maybe get the odd cameo 10 mins here or there in the Premier league, although with Ronaldo now coming in that will be reduced even further as I expect Ronaldo to start and Cavani and Greenwood to be coming on as subs. He will likely play league Cup and FA Cup. If that is enough for him then all good

Status
Not open for further replies.