Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

How have West Ham found £30m for Zouma but they couldn't find £25m for Jessie? They're hoping to get him on a free aren't they? Something shady happening here
I reckon he leaves in January for a low fee or free next year. Very quiet on any news regarding transfers in or out now, regarding United.

bosskeano

why the fuk would they pay 30m for a shit defender like Zouma when they should be buying a guy like Jesse who can really help them where they need it most, scoring goals.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
why the fuk would they pay 30m for a shit defender like Zouma when they should be buying a guy like Jesse who can really help them where they need it most, scoring goals.
Because Zouma has 2 year left in his contract?
and Jesse is "deadwood" in Man Utd with 1 year left?
You can't sell a player no one want to buy.

marktan

How have West Ham found £30m for Zouma but they couldn't find £25m for Jessie? They're hoping to get him on a free aren't they? Something shady happening here
They need a CB more is most likely, Dawson and Ogbonna are both over 30 and the latter is getting injured more often. Issa Diop is their only other proper CB and he's a bit hit and miss.

They have a wealth of attackers if we're being honest, which is why I wanted us to get a deal done even at £15m because it's more of a case of the system making the player look good than the player really shining.

It does feel like a case of the winner's premium though. Liverpool won the CL and the league and sold all their youngsters like Solanke, Ibe, Brewster etc for £20m a pop. Chelsea win the CL and the likes of Tomori, Guehi etc are suddenly going for £20m a pop. Realistically the lines of Tuanzebe are as good as those two and yet the best we can do is a loan to Villas bench.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he dreams of an extended 5 year contract at United earning 150k while having fun with his friends
I wouldn't put that past this board at all, and I'm not even joking.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think he dreams of an extended 5 year contract at United earning 150k while having fun with his friends
He’s one or two injuries to other players and a fortnight of good form away from a 3 year deal.

Robertd0803

Shame West Ham are having such a decent start to the season, they will probably stop considering Lingard at this stage.

lenny_1248

Shame West Ham are having such a decent start to the season, they will probably stop considering Lingard at this stage.
Or vice versa, they might feel that they can really challenge this season (at least for the 5th place) and will want Lingard to enhance their chances.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We hold zero cards with Lingard. His contract ends in 12 months and he isn't a starter... so why would any club pay any sort of big (or even reasonable) fee for him?

Ultimately how much is he worth to us to be sat on a bench and picking up wages for a year? not much more then £10/15 million surely?

croadyman

We need to sell him before the window shuts even if it means dropping his valuation

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Shambles really. I thought after that loan spell we would easily get rid of him but never underestimate the board members at utd!

choccy77

Sounds like he is off to West Ham.

What pisses me off here is, West Ham always wanted him but decided to leave till late as may get cheaper price and secondly Jesse actually thinking he'd have a chance for playing as a starter.

This deal left late will likely have cost us signing another player which we need.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sounds like he is off to West Ham.

What pisses me off here is, West Ham always wanted him but decided to leave till late as may get cheaper price and secondly Jesse actually thinking he'd have a chance for playing as a starter.

This deal left late will likely have cost us signing another player which we need.
Why does a player believing in himself piss you off? I’d hope that all players at United, squad or first team believe in themselves!
Plus he’s gone there last season and shown great he belongs at PL level, so why shouldn’t he ask if he’s in the plans at United?
How long United need to make a decision and sell is not his fault

mad at West Ham’s negotiating tactics? It’s the same one United have employed time and again

you get upset at very little really

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
They need a CB more is most likely, Dawson and Ogbonna are both over 30 and the latter is getting injured more often. Issa Diop is their only other proper CB and he's a bit hit and miss.

They have a wealth of attackers if we're being honest, which is why I wanted us to get a deal done even at £15m because it's more of a case of the system making the player look good than the player really shining.
Yeah that is indeed the situation with my team. We all would love Lingard back and I don't think many West Ham fans would turn our noses up (though there is a worry from some that we've seen the best of Lingard now and he won't recreate it). With that being said we've scroed 8 goals in 2 games. Scorin g and creating chances don't seem to be a huge problem.

However as you point out, we've got an aging defenseive pair and Diop is questionable. CB is 100% more needed than any other position. That meant CB always did need to be given the biggest budget.

There should be enough money left over for a Lingard size purchase, but given our relatively tight finances (which is the case for most European clubs outside the very richest) and the possiblity that there is going to be huge firesale in the French league towards the end of the window there is also a chance that some great deals may come avaliable and it'd be a little silly of West Ham spending what you guys want for Lingard when a cheaper and as good option may come around.

choccy77

Why does a player believing in himself piss you off? I’d hope that all players at United, squad or first team believe in themselves!
Plus he’s gone there last season and shown great he belongs at PL level, so why shouldn’t he ask if he’s in the plans at United?
How long United need to make a decision and sell is not his fault

mad at West Ham’s negotiating tactics? It’s the same one United have employed time and again

you get upset at very little really
This post upsets me ;)

sp_107

why we take so much time in signing or selling players, Varane is a bit different story because he pushed the boat but every other transfer takes so much time if we involved

Infra-red

Looks like the Zouma deal has collapsed. Not sure if that makes it more or less likely that West Ham will stump up the cash for Lingard (hopefully it's the former!).

bosskeano

fuk me i still can't believe we are six days away from the end of the window and lingard hasn't been sold yet

Bobade

fuk me i still can't believe we are six days away from the end of the window and lingard hasn't been sold yet
It's mental really. Of all the players I thought we might shift this summer (and it wasn't a long list) I thought he would be the quickest and easiest by far.

bosskeano

It's mental really. Of all the players I thought we might shift this summer (and it wasn't a long list) I thought he would be the quickest and easiest by far.
same here....thought for sure the hammers would offer 25m and it would get done just like that

unfukingbelievable as it's killing us from bringing in a CM that might actually fuking play

choccy77

If West Ham are looking for cheaper options and United will lose Jesse for free next year, it makes sense to just drop our price and clear the wage bill down a little now, rather than hold out for another £5-7m

That might also free up funds for a Midfielder which we desperately need now.

Haaland deal if we can get him or another striker next season will take up our funds then, so better to move Jesse out now while we can.

Last edited:

The Purley King

Reading that Zouma has had issues with his medical for West Ham.

Should be back in for Lingard now then with a bit of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.