Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can't argue with that given we've loaned Martial and Amad out.
I want Lingard moved on as much as anyone, but with Amad, Mason, Martial etc not options for the rest of the season, it's best we have a option like him to fall back on, just in case someone is injured.

JB7

Don't see why we would let him go at this stage. 48 hours ago I'd have been all for it, but suddenly we're very short in terms of back-up for Bruno and Sancho.

Zoo

We need him and it’s the right call. Rangnick is fair so he’ll be involved if he remains professional.

Devil may care

I want Lingard moved on as much as anyone, but with Amad, Mason, Martial etc not options for the rest of the season, it's best we have a option like him to fall back on, just in case someone is injured.
Exactly, and while he's maybe annoyed with the club over the Newcastle deal I think he'll be keen to put himself in the shop window for the summer when he plays.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Exactly, and while he's maybe annoyed with the club over the Newcastle deal I think he'll be keen to put himself in the shop window for the summer when he plays.
He wants to leave, which is understandable. And I understand Rangnick allowing a unhappy to leave who has months left on his contract, but I don't believe he wants to lose another option in the wide forward role. He's also one of a few players who could help Rangnick implement the counter press more effectively if called upon. It's been reported that Rangnick doesn't/didn't want Henderson and Donny to leave either but he's reluctantly had to let Donny go.

VivaRonaldo85

Thought he’d go but the goings on in the last 24-48 hours may have changed a few minds at the club. He may actually get a sniff of a game now ironically.

Caesar2290

Despite him wanting to leave, making Lingard stay is actually a very sensible decision by our board.

Finally we're learning

Based Adnan

Needs a few days to clear his head after coming back from holiday according to Rangnick

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He is not helping himself with the Fans, time off after coming back from Dubai, this must be a joke. I wonder what my boss would say if I ask for time off after failing to get a better job offer from another company.

L1nk

He is not helping himself with the Fans, time off after coming back from Dubai, this must be a joke. I wonder what my boss would say if I ask for time off after failing to get a better job offer from another company.
He doesn't care though, has a massively overinflated ego and sense of importance and skill when it comes to his footballing ability. He's an absolute disgrace and everything i've come to dislike about how the club is at the moment, cannot wait until he's gone in the summer

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Keeping clearly unhappy player without any match rhythm whatsoever in already damaged dressing room, just before decisive part of the season. Yeah...

Do your magic Ralf, we'll need it more than luck.

yipthatman

Jesse Lingard - next move? We've had regular dabs here and there from Jesse, and then there was the moonwalk at the Emirates, so I would say crip walking at Anfield after a hattrick is the logical next step.

Water Melon

Needs a holiday to recover from a holiday, whilst being paid £100k for the privilege, what a life
Aye asked for a couple of days to clear up his mind. Can we ask to cancel the payment of 2 weeks wages to help him clear his mind up asap? Will be so glad to see Lingard away from United come summer. Good flipping riddance.

AndySmith1990

Needs a few days to clear his head after coming back from holiday according to Rangnick
Nevermind the cost of living rising sharply, Lingard has real problems. Poor bloke must be going through hell while waiting for that hefty signing on bonus in the summer.

Hughes35

If the issues with Greenwood hadn't come up then he'd be gone.

I also don't think we wanted to help Newcastle as everybody wants them to get relegated.

Sea-Cow

I'd love for his next move to be buckling down and working hard on his craft so he can be of some use to his current employers.

Belisarius

Your boss would have told you to feck off. And Ralf probably should have done the same to this cnut
I've never been able to summon much respect for Jesse ever since that video came out showing him cowering on the floor of the bus as the West Ham fans threw rocks at it and rocked it a bit. He's always just seemed a bit of a light weight character. Despite that I find him likeable enough. He had a wonderful purple patch a few years back and another for West Ham last year. I don't know why Ole stopped using him as a sub this season. It seemed to me even with very few minutes he produced quite a lot in the chances he got. Scored an important goal off the bench in one game and then in a champions league game set-up Cristiano for a late winning goal. Then he didn't play again for a long time.

Nonetheless, I'll be happy to see him leave in the summer. I have no sympathy for him at the moment. He should be back in training and raring to go for the Middlesborough game. Throughout this last year I think he has wanted to have his cake and eat it too. If he really wanted to leave he could have agreed a new contract with another club allowing us to get a fee for selling him. If he doesn't want to give up the signing on fee then he has to honour his contract with us even if it means not playing much.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
It seems like players have control over Man Utd. There seems to be very little order, no discipline, players are being allowed to remain without playing well & call the shots. When bad things happen, they get rid of the manager. The players know they'll never be blamed. Same players always seem to stick around. I can't imagine Sir Alex allowing someone like Lingard to remain for this long.

The total reverse is happening at Arsenal where Arteta has been given disciplinary powers fit for a dictator. He can freeze out & get rid of the best players, worst players, or players who look at him in a funny way. Anything goes wrong and the players are to blame - never the manager.

Interesting contrast.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
It seems like players have control over Man Utd. There seems to be very little order, no discipline, players are being allowed to remain without playing well & call the shots. When bad things happen, they get rid of the manager. The players know they'll never be blamed. Same players always seem to stick around. I can't imagine Sir Alex allowing someone like Lingard to remain for this long.

The total reverse is happening at Arsenal where Arteta has been given disciplinary powers fit for a dictator. He can freeze out & get rid of the best players, worst players, or players who look at him in a funny way. Anything goes wrong and the players are to blame - never the manager.

Interesting contrast.
You guys should give Arteta a new 50 year contract. I’m not even joking.

yamo123x

His next move is to continue his rest following his break in Dubai, return to training Monday, sulk around a bit, win the 5 aside and then spend his free time wearing his beloved west ham shirt on social media, all whilst we pay his wages.

Absolute joker.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Imagine knowing that you’ve only got a few months left at United and any game could be your last one for them. Heartbroken because he can’t move to fecking Newcastle. What a pussy.

L1nk

Imagine knowing that you’ve only got a few months left at United and any game could be your last one for them. Heartbroken because he can’t move to fecking Newcastle. What a pussy.
He also wants to get in the World Cup squad, if Southgate had any sense he'd see how much of a joker he is and take many of the other more talented players anyway. How he even got an England cap is beyond my understanding

macheda14

Or a man who has spoken quite openly and honestly about his struggles with mental health, being slowly transitioned out of the club that he grew up supporting and playing for, receiving a myriad of abuse online and once he was told he could leave the club blocked it.

Yes he’s a millionaire but people deal with things differently. Sometimes something that seems like it should be innocuous can really throw you for a loop. Elite sportsmen have big egos, some of them are fragile, couple that with someone who has mental health issues and who knows how they’d react.

Strats

Absolutely ridiculous that he needs a holiday from a holiday in Dubai.

I've had enough of his inflated ego. Put him in the reserves for the rest of the season.

ForeverRed1

I can’t imagine how tough things have been for him recently. Poor guy. Hopefully the few days off to clear his head will do him wonders.

bless him

rk4utd

Bless - feel sorry for the lad - hope he enjoys his time off from first team duties and comes back ready to fire us to glory…….

Sviken

Call me spiteful, but I rather see him warm the bench for the rest of the season with zero minutes of gametime. He doesn't treat the club with respect, the club shouldn't treat him with any either. Ruin every chance he has of making that "sweet" deal he so craves for.

stevoc

Or a man who has spoken quite openly and honestly about his struggles with mental health, being slowly transitioned out of the club that he grew up supporting and playing for, receiving a myriad of abuse online and once he was told he could leave the club blocked it.

Yes he’s a millionaire but people deal with things differently. Sometimes something that seems like it should be innocuous can really throw you for a loop. Elite sportsmen have big egos, some of them are fragile, couple that with someone who has mental health issues and who knows how they’d react.
If he was so desperate to leave all he had to do was tell the club he was willing to leave on a permanent transfer for a fee and the club would have let him leave no problem. But of course he didn't want that which is fair enough but that's the main reason why he's still here and not at another club right now.

Red00012

We should have just left him go for what Newcastle offered and promoted a youth team player.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Caf : We must be tolerant and patient with people who has mental health issues. Especially when they are suffering through hard times, like a proposed new job falling through, or a friend being outed as a rapist and woman beater.

Also caf : feck JESSE LINGARD, £100k A WEEK REEEEEEEEEEEE.

Anyway, Rangnick doesn't seem to care too much. Seems like he wanted him out and the board refused it from the quotes. Sure it won't matter either way in the greater scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.