Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I get the impression that Ralf has got Jesse’s number and isn’t too impressed by what he sees or bothered about having him around.
It’s ridiculous that Jesse hasn’t made himself available for a cup game he had a good chance of playing in. With any luck he’s done in a Utd shirt.

phelans shorts

Caf : We must be tolerant and patient with people who has mental health issues. Especially when they are suffering through hard times, like a proposed new job falling through, or a friend being outed as a rapist and woman beater.

Also caf : feck JESSE LINGARD, £100k A WEEK REEEEEEEEEEEE
It’s always full support until it causes an incredibly minor inconvenience.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Between him and Dele Alli, who's more useless currently???

Shimo

So RR says Jesse asked for time off and now Jesse is clarifying that it wasn't his choice. Second time RR seems to have misunderstood the situation (first time with Martial).

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So RR says Jesse asked for time off and now Jesse is clarifying that it wasn't his choice. Second time RR seems to have misunderstood the situation (first time with Martial).

so you believe the shit stirrer?

Zoo

Dunno why anyone would believe or care about his opinion after the way his entourage were feeding the press this past few weeks

Kag

He’s an odious, little bastard.

We should give him the rest of the season off so he can piss about in Dubai.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What makes you take their side of the story rather than RR's?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This is not the take from that tweet.

Shimo

Did Ralf actually say he asked or did he say he was having told off to clear his head?
Yes, in the press conference video he says "he asked me and the club if we could give him a couple days off to clear up his mind" - which Jesse directly is now contradicting saying it was the club who asked him to do that.

After the Martial thing and now this, I'd say it's another misunderstanding/miscommunication, which I hope stops happening as it doesn't do anyone any good.

pascell

Should've sold him whilst we had chance last summer, our valuation of him was far too much. Get another bite of the cherry in Jan and still proceed to keep him around, we'll never learn that you sell players who don't want to be at the club and he's clearly one.

saivet

What makes you take their side of the story rather than RR's?
It's happened twice now. From everything we've heard the Martial one was a misunderstanding or possible language issue in Ralf's comments.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It's happened twice now. From everything we've heard the Martial one was a misunderstanding or possible language issue in Ralf's comments.
Apparently Martial said he was unavailable for selection and Rangnick mentioned he doesn’t want to play. Doesn’t make what Rangnick said as untrue. It just sounds much worse so possible language issue.

Lingard case most likely is the same. Lingard went and conveyed his personal issue and was given off. That’s exactly what Rangnick said. What Lingard tweeted is a childish retort. He doesn’t even deny that he had discussions over his personal issue. He is saying the same thing in different words just to absolve himself from the blame

L1nk

Why would the club tell him to take time off for a personal matter if he's been living it up in Dubai for the past week or so, unless something really bad happened the day he came back I don't see why we'd do that

saivet

Lingard case most likely is the same. Lingard went and conveyed his personal issue and was given off. That’s exactly what Rangnick said. What Lingard tweeted is a childish retort. He doesn’t even deny that he had discussions over his personal issue. He is saying the same thing in different words just to absolve himself from the blame
Maybe but Ralf's comments sounded like it was more of an issue of him not getting a transfer rather than it being personal which makes Lingard look worse. Probably not Ralf's intention but I understand why Lingard wants to clear the narrative.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Maybe but Ralf's comments sounded like it was more of an issue of him not getting a transfer rather than it being personal which makes Lingard look worse. Probably not Ralf's intention but I understand why Lingard wants to clear the narrative.
Rangnick mentioned he needs couple of days to clear his mind. Jesse confirmed he had discussion with club about his “personal issue”. Its basically the same thing isnt it?

The thing that pissed me of is his line that “ his headspace is clear” and is ready to play. Why was that needed? He could have said i have personal issue and club advised me few days off. But that wouldn’t give him the attention that he wants

Nick7

To be perfectly honest, feck him. “I’ll always be professional“ and then goes and tweets that

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Anyone surprised?

He doesn't want to be here. The nonstop social media PR campaign has been going on for months.

I don't expect him to be anything other than disruptive.

Why did we keep him?

IrishRedDevil

I’d speak, but the last time I called him out for what he is, I got a warning.

Poor little lamb Jesse, needs his head cleared after a Dubai holiday. Held in Manchester United prison against his will. £120k per week for his tears.

oleoleoleole

So tired of this guy. How anyone still wants him here at this point is beyond me. Complete circus, not even that good and a terrible influence on the likes of Rashford who for all of his challenges with form, seems like a far more serious professional than “JLingz”

Newstyle

Personally, can’t wait until he’s out in the summer. No more social media posts, leaks, acting and/or believing that he is someone important to the club. He is not.

talking robot

I think RR may be exaggerating the situation slightly, but doing it in a clever way to make a point and show he's the boss. He's been undermined by the board by them not allowing Jesse to leave and also by them not backing him with a signing. So he has to be clever in order to try to maintain authority in the locker room.

Last edited:

D. Mungai

1. So how did the club know about Jesse personal issues if it's not him who told the club.

2. If he told the club about his personal issues and he wanted to play then he would have been in the team.

3. He wanted to clear his head by not playing, the club accepted to give him time to clear is head. It's simple and obvious

LARulz

Am I missing something? He told the club he has personal issues. I assume he'd say that he had personal issues to imply he wasn't in the right frame of mind/wanted time off

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Anyone surprised?

He doesn't want to be here. The nonstop social media PR campaign has been going on for months.

I don't expect him to be anything other than disruptive.

Why did we keep him?
"In the end, the club couldn't find an agreement with any of those club that were interested in him"

I assume demanding 15 million pounds for a fecking 6 months loan of a bench player might have played a role

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is indicative of what is wrong with the club in ways. handing out these insane contracts to average footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.