Jesus | Arsenal Player (a very naughty boy)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus is a top top player but isn't clinical. He seems to have everything but that in his locker. He's very important to how we play and build up and was integral to turning our fortunes around last year. We also signed him for a very reasonable fee. But we do have to get another more clinical forward in, probably means Nketiah has to go.
Jesus is basically Jackson. Wildly inconsistent in front of goal but can contribute decently to the game, general build up etc, but people think Jackson is shit, so it stands to reason the same people will think Jesus is awful too. I personally like Jesus. He didn’t even have to be prolific, If he was just a tiny tiny bit more consistent in front of goal, he’d be a brilliant player.

His profile of striker is my favourite type though, Benzema being the ultimate, gold standard version of what that type of striker can be.

Robbie Boy

Jesus is basically Jackson. Wildly inconsistent in front of goal but can contribute decently to the game, general build up etc, but people think Jackson is shit, so it stands to reason the same people will think Jesus is awful too. I personally like Jesus. He didn’t even have to be prolific, If he was just a tiny tiny bit more consistent in front of goal, he’d be a brilliant player.

His profile of striker is my favourite type though, Benzema being the ultimate, gold standard version of what that type of striker can be.
That's the problem though, people talk about he's "the type" that can be good etc. The same was said about Welbeck when he was here. Ultimately, these kinds of players often look great in title winning teams as squaddies, but their deficiencies become glaring when they're asked to step up and be the main man.

As a squad player, Jesus was valuable to City. At Arsenal as the main man in attack, he's been disappointing.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Yeh, looks like Arteta was trying to be too clever with Havertz. It may turn out in the end but it is baffling that he didn't just sign a proper attacking mid if that's what he wanted.
To be fair, I get why he bought Kai. He is a natural attacking midfielder and If he recaptured his Leverkusen form and know how in the role that brought him to prominence as a player long term its worth it. But I was really suprised he made no effort to find a Xhaka type to be a competent alternative as Kai finds inevitable readjustment period. For me the likes of Elnenny, Jorginho and possibly Tierney should have been sacrificed in sales to make it happen

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's the problem though, people talk about he's "the type" that can be good etc. The same was said about Welbeck when he was here. Ultimately, these kinds of players often look great in title winning teams as squaddies, but their deficiencies become glaring when they're asked to step up and be the main man.

As a squad player, Jesus was valuable to City. At Arsenal as the main man in attack, he's been disappointing.
Yeah I will always have a soft spot for that type of striker but the specific players can’t be averaging less than 10 goals a season whilst being the main striker at a top club. That’s why I said that profile of striker is my favourite type but they can’t have near zero goal scoring instincts because it defeats the whole purpose and it detracts too much from their quality, even if they’re good at various other things.

Yeh Martinelli and Saka have been very sloppy past two games. Unfortunately they've all hit poor form at the same time. Hopefully we can turn it around soon, still plenty to play for and I'm not panicking.
Jesus and Nketiah get the stick as they're the strikers. Jesus in particular missed a sitter vs West Ham.
Exactly. Hands down its a collective thing and without the extra creative edge having a Xhaka type in midfield, it looks more blatant. I feel its just the natural collective dip in form most teams ( outside Guardiola's 'City machine) have every season. The key is can they navigate it by dropping as few points as possible to stay in touch and competitive with the top 3. Who in all fairness are either having or have been through theirs.

Laugh all your want, but they’re a similar profile. Jackson is a younger, less polished version of Jesus.
He really isn't. Jesus is a very different type of player. He is more closer to a high speed Firmino than a Jackson. Jackson is an even rawer version of the current Darwin Nunez. Two players who if they fullfil their potential I expect to be naturally more potent than Jesus at his best.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He really isn't. Jesus is a very different type of player. He is more closer to a high speed Firmino than a Jackson. Jackson is an even rawer version of the current Darwin Nunez. Two players who if they fullfil their potential I expect to be naturally more potent than Jesus at his best.
They have similar traits. I don’t think Nunez tries to be involved in the build up anywhere near as much as Jackson and Jesus. I do see the similarities between Jackson and Nunez though, but I definitely see a lot of similarities between Jackson and Jesus too.

NLunited

I like Jesus, he’s very physical which combined with his technical quality makes him an interesting player. I’d take him in a heartbeat.