Jesus | Arsenal Player (a very naughty boy)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Good signing for them, will be interesting to see how he does being the main striker.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's the top 5 sorted. Jesus was criminally under used. He will score 15-20 PL goals.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Something about being great on crosses, I don't know.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I don't know why he wasn't fully trusted at City but his game record when he actually started for them was pretty good. Not so much as an impact player off the bench mind you.

76 G/A in 99 starts.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
Jesus scored 8 PL goals last season. Nketiah 5 in more than half less minutes played.
Jesus is not a goalscorer. In fact his ratio goals/minutes played being the same compared to Aubamayang last season says it all

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't know why he wasn't fully trusted at City but his game record when he actually started for them was pretty good. Not so much as an impact player off the bench mind you.

76 G/A in 99 starts.

Those are surprisingly good stats.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he's a great signing for them at a very decent price.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Rival fans don’t seem all that arsed - says it all really.

I would’ve been pissed if they signed Raphina.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Don't really get why he wasn't trusted at city at all.

Good player who will get you goals if you play him.

CarbonStoolBites

Rival fans don’t seem all that arsed - says it all really.

I would’ve been pissed if they signed Raphina.
Jesus is a good signing, excellent player.
But I wouldn’t be pissed even if they signed peak Messi, its Arsenal. It is what it is.

El Jefe

Can the mods or OP edit the title to include his first name. Its not like he's Richarlison, Fred or the other Brazilians that have a nickname.

diarm

Sometimes a player just suits a club. Sometimes they suit each other in a good way, where their qualities are aligned and sometimes it's in a bad way, where they share the same weaknesses.

Vinny Jones suited Wimbledon. Stevie Me suited Liverpool.

Jesus suits Arsenal.

marktan

Don't really get why he wasn't trusted at city at all.

Good player who will get you goals if you play him.
Because he's more of a wide player shifted to CF - doesn't have the deadliness inside the box of someone like Aguero nor the physicality of strikers like Kane, Benzema, Halaand etc.

A good player but doesn't have the potential to be a great one. If we signed him for £45m I'd be quite annoyed. His figures at City don't really tell the story when every attacker they have scores loads of goals, I'd guess that if you took City's chances created per game Vs Arsenal's and extrapolated that down to Jesus's figures you'd get a true picture of his expected return would be like.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Poor Eddie Nketiah wishing he'd not signed that contract.
Think Eddie is not naive enough to think that a club trying to break top 4 and has European football needs to have more than 1 forward.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Because he's more of a wide player shifted to CF - doesn't have the deadliness inside the box of someone like Aguero nor the physicality of strikers like Kane, Benzema, Halaand etc.

A good player but doesn't have the potential to be a great one. If we signed him for £45m I'd be quite annoyed. His figures at City don't really tell the story when every attacker they have scores loads of goals, I'd guess that if you took City's chances created per game Vs Arsenal's and extrapolated that down to Jesus's figures you'd get a true picture of his expected return would be like.
The problem is who are the alternatives on the market just now? Who do you sign if Ronaldo leaves this summer for instance?

dove

I must be in the minority but I don't think he is that good really. I think he was lucky he has played for such a good team like City, I see him struggling at Arsenal.

TsuWave

I know they refer to themselves as “The Arsenal”, but it always sounds weird to me

Bocca9978

I don't rate him. Surprised he was a City for so long.
Will score over 10 league goals, but not many more.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I think he'll do well and keep them in contention for the top 4, a step in the right direction and definitely better than Lacazette.

I think he'll get 20 g+a next season in the PL.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was really good for City but let's see how he does at a much worse team with additional responsibility/pressure. Some thrive, some struggle and others meander.

Vapor trail

He's not a clinical finisher but he's still a useful player. Arsenal have a better squad with him included.

Oranges038

Good player, he'll score goals but he
always looks like he's about to cry.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't rate him at all. I think he'll be very Lacazette-y.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't rate him at all. I think he'll be very Lacazette-y.
You just know in his first 3-4 games he'll score 4-5 goals and AFTV and the media will cry "the second coming of Jesus" and then by November he'll have only scored 1 goal in 8 games

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Jesus scored 8 PL goals last season. Nketiah 5 in more than half less minutes played.
Jesus is not a goalscorer. In fact his ratio goals/minutes played being the same compared to Aubamayang last season says it all
Wasn't Nketiah playing as a striker last season?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You just know in his first 3-4 games he'll score 4-5 goals and AFTV and the media will cry "the second coming of Jesus" and then by November he'll have only scored 1 goal in 8 games
That's kind of how I see it going, yeah.