Jesus | Arsenal Player (a very naughty boy)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Good forward to play with a mobile front three. Not so much if he plays too much centrally

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I don't rate him at all. I think he'll be very Lacazette-y.
I'm going to say it's impossible for him to have as bad a goal per game ratio as Lacazette did last season.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't Nketiah playing as a striker last season?
Just for the last few months of the season. In simple terms Auba played the first third of season, Laca played the next bunch from December on & Nketiah started the last 8 or 9.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Poor Eddie Nketiah wishing he'd not signed that contract.
The squad needs depth in almost every position. Last season Partey, Tierney and the lack of a proper striker certainly didn't help in the final push for Champions League (even though Spurs' squad was better). Saka is overplayed and Martinelli needs a proper backup. I remember when Utd won the league 3 seasons straight and I kept telling everyone it was mainly because of the strength in depth of the squad at the time. When you can rest players and still maintain top performances is what makes a top squad in my opinion. Seems like this is what Arteta is trying to achieve this transfer window.

marktan

The problem is who are the alternatives on the market just now? Who do you sign if Ronaldo leaves this summer for instance?
Well it is a bit of a conundrum as the striker market is quite dry, but two I would put is Vlahovic or Richarlison. The former didn't want to come to you iirc, but the later despite his lower figures is a superior player to Jesus. Stronger, better finisher. Might be up for debate but there's a reason he starts over Jesus for Brazil, and I believe he'll show more at Spurs after getting a rest finally and being around better players.

For United it's not a popular opinion but I'd go with Rashford and Martial rotating up top - two players that have put up high figures previously so it's a matter of getting them back in to form. Both are good on the ball, can work hard if pushed to do so, and currently have their starting position on the LW occupied by someone else. Give each 45 minutes and play the one that shows more.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If Arsenal can create enough chance he will be fine. I read that he is not very clinical. Hope he can contribute 15 goals in the league.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Arteta couldn't even get the best out of Aubameyang.
Auba has been a pussy for years. All the talent but none of the passion (either deliberate or subliminal). Nothing you can do to cure that other than get rid, which Arteta finally did.

Jesus is a bit flaky too but you just have to believe. Or no Christmas for you, you heathen. :p Seriously though, I think he'll be as good as Son next season.

Oh God, the puns are leaking out of my arse now even though I'm being serious. :(

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Just for the last few months of the season. In simple terms Auba played the first third of season, Laca played the next bunch from December on & Nketiah started the last 8 or 9.
What I mean is, when Nketiah played, he played as a central striker, so it's understandable that his goal per game ratio was better than Jesus.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
What I mean is, when Nketiah played, he played as a central striker, so it's understandable that his goal per game ratio was better than Jesus.
Sorry, yeah. Plus, his was over a smaller period of 8 games or so, it's more difficult to do over the course of a full season.

diarm

This is his biggest lie since that bollocks about the loaves and the fishes.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Brilliant player, but not a reliable goalscorer yet. He is absolutely made for playing alongside a target-man, which he won't at Arsenal either. Him and Haaland together would have been a sight to see. I will miss him and wish him well

Joel Miller

Have to be honest I don’t exactly see him as a real difference maker there. I do think Arsenal are more his level than City though.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
45 is a great deal. If that's how much he is worth, we shouldn't pay any more than that for Antony should we.
Football doesn’t work that way. We should pay what we think we need to play to sign the player we want. Loads of different factors will influence that. Probably the least important factor of all is what Arsenal paid Manchester City to sign Gabriel Jesus.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Scored a double last night on his debut, the first 90 seconds after coming on at half time. Of course it's pre season but certainly wouldn't harm his confidence.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Scored a double last night on his debut, the first 90 seconds after coming on at half time. Of course it's pre season but certainly wouldn't harm his confidence.

Has all the hallmarks of a disappointment :)

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Has all the hallmarks of a disappointment :)
Well, if he beats 5 Premier league goals then he'll have scored more than any of Arsenal's strikers last season, the bar is not that high! :wenger:

Nero

Is GJ9 a thing?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
This might blow your mind but I am one of those people. The clue is in my membership of this website.
Oh ok, you seemed confused as to why someone was looking forward to watch a footballer play, so I wasn't sure.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh ok, you seemed confused as to why someone was looking forward to watch a footballer play, so I wasn't sure.
I’m confused as to why someone would look forward to watching a footballer play for a team they don’t support. In fact a footballer that plays for one of their direct rivals. Your answer was no help whatsoever.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unfortunately I think he's going to be an excellent signing for them. I don't really rate Arteta, but i think Jesus fits them perfectly.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I’m confused as to why someone would look forward to watching a footballer play for a team they don’t support. In fact a footballer that plays for one of their direct rivals. Your answer was no help whatsoever.
You don't enjoy watching football other than united?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
There is much more to football than just your own team?

Aren't you channelling Cal? a bit much here?