Jesus | Arsenal Player (a very naughty boy)

Bobski

POTY candidate the way he is going. Mentioned it last week but really is shows how laughably stacked (and why it is hard to find any of their achievements impressive) some of the big clubs squads are when a player of his quality was a rotation player.

How much better is the league when the next rung of clubs actually have a chance to get players like Jesus instead of over spending on players the likes of City would never look at.

Anderson_7_

Plays better and more freely now that he's free from the shackles of Baldy and his robotic system.

galwayfa

Couldnt see it in him, really impressed the way he has done since he signed for them

Tarrou

saw a stat he had 26 touches in the oppo box in the first two GWs, and Lacazette had 30 from 20 starts last season

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He will be the biggest impact summer signing this season for any club. Easy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Said it a bunch. He was always a class player just not used properly at city. He's the perfect striker for wanting to play a proactive, pressing system.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Said in the summer it felt like he was playing at 70% at City. Had so much more to give but Pep wouldn't let him off the leash for some reason.

Well he's off the leash now and I'm far from surprised. Zinchenko was the other one I was glad Pep let go. Just a shame we've decided to go shit before the season's even started. :(

Basso

Arsenal will end up 10-12 points after Man City if he stays fit. Incredible improvement.
It's pretty clear that he wasn't allowed to express himself at City. Just pass and move.
How many goals did Laca score in open play last year?

Chief123

POTY candidate the way he is going. Mentioned it last week but really is shows how laughably stacked (and why it is hard to find any of their achievements impressive) some of the big clubs squads are when a player of his quality was a rotation player.

How much better is the league when the next rung of clubs actually have a chance to get players like Jesus instead of over spending on players the likes of City would never look at.
He’s actually playing so much different and better than he was at City. It’s like he’s playing his natural game as opposed to sticking to strict instructions. We rarely got to see him dribbling so much at City compared to Arsenal.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not going to pretend that I thought he was great. Surprised me, fair play to him he looks very good.

El Jefe

He never truly looked like a Brazilian forward at City but now he looks like Romario lite. Pep's system is the best but it can put shackles on certain forward players.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Completely transformed the Arsenal team. Bloody brilliant signing

Trezeguet17

He never truly looked like a Brazilian forward at City but now he looks like Romario lite. Pep's system is the best but it can put shackles on certain forward players.
Let‘s hope one of those is Haaland

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Annoyingly good so far. His part in the first goal was so good.

Josh 76

It’s always hard to play with confidence when you know your not a guarantee starter.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought he looked class for Brazil in the Copa America and figured he’d nail down his place at City. Was surprised to see he never quite got there for City. Even more surprised to see that he went nearly 3 years without another goal for Brazil, including 0 goals in 11 games for them in 2021. Maybe he’s just a streaky player? He’s definitely got a much more complete skill set than people give him credit for, but it’s still not guaranteed he can be relied upon as a long-term scorer.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I thought he looked class for Brazil in the Copa America and figured he’d nail down his place at City. Was surprised to see he never quite got there for City. Even more surprised to see that he went nearly 3 years without another goal for Brazil, including 0 goals in 11 games for them in 2021. Maybe he’s just a streaky player? He’s definitely got a much more complete skill set than people give him credit for, but it’s still not guaranteed he can be relied upon as a long-term scorer.
His finishing was inconsistent, but I also think the environment wasn't necessarily the most conducive for a player like him. In the City side he was surrounded by world class talent, and with the heavily collective orientated approach it meant his opportunities for more individualistic play were limited. Now that he's the main man we're already seeing him play a more pivotal role both in terms of how he positions himself and the decisions he's making on the ball. He hasn't got much competition for his spot and coupled with the freedom he has on the pitch I think that will bring a lot of confidence, as well as helping him build rhythm and momentum.

The question of consistency will be important. Arsenal need him to maintain a good level over the season, now that he has a greater role there comes greater responsibility.

dbs235

Annoyingly a top signing for Arsenal. Price in this market was a bargain too.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Always a favourite of mine at City for his hard work and positive attitud. Was sad to see him go but we were profligate in front of goal since Aguero‘s decline and departure.
He went with the best wishes of everyone at City and hopefully will do some serious damage in games vs our rivals.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This is why every league needs to institute a maximum of 10 registered foreigners in a squad of 23 at all levels first team, B team, U-18, etc. Would make the league more competitive and force clubs to invest in local youth.
How can you call yourself 'Manchester' anything if you have less than 10 first teamers from England (let alone Manchester)? United & City each have only about 6 Englishmen who can be called 'regulars'.

EDIT: At Madrid we have only 1 Spanish starter and 4 other Spanish 'regulars' in our squad of 23.

FatTails

I’m always going on about how much better City are than everyone else, and how they are capable of achieving Bayern like domination in the long term.

This is one sign of that. A player who is not good enough to get into their first 11 consistently might go on to be Arsenal’s best player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I'll admit I never thought he was this good. Could be because he actually isn't and the new club bounce will wear off. Or of course that being a squad player at City and their system held him back a bit. Time will tell but as things stand, its a brilliant addition for Arsenal.

Cloud7

Solid reminder that Pep, as good as he is, is arguably the most finicky manager in world football and just because a player doesn’t work out under him it doesn’t mean they’re not a good player.

nikineil

Is having his second coming under Arteta. Looks like a player born again with the attack built around him.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
It's not a surprise as strikers always suffer in his system. Ibrahimovic, Aguero..

marktan

Think people are being a bit premature with all the over the top hyperbole regarding Arsenal, they've placed Palace who outplayed them, a Leicester team that has managed 1 point in 3 games and a Bournemouth team that will go straight back down.

Jesus is a very good all round player but he's never been a clinical one, which will matter a lot in those fixtures against the better teams that they lose by a goal or two. I'd still have Arsenal missing out on top four to Spurs and Chelsea.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
I’m always going on about how much better City are than everyone else, and how they are capable of achieving Bayern like domination in the long term.

This is one sign of that. A player who is not good enough to get into their first 11 consistently might go on to be Arsenal’s best player.
That's just nonsense though. Pep played a system where he wasn't really needed. Doesn't mean he wasn't good enough.

Tarrou

That's just nonsense though. Pep played a system where he wasn't really needed. Doesn't mean he wasn't good enough.
well it kind of does, at least in Pep’s eyes

they now play with a system that suits him just fine after signing Haaland