Jesus | Arsenal Player (a very naughty boy)

FatTails

That's just nonsense though. Pep played a system where he wasn't really needed. Doesn't mean he wasn't good enough.
If he was good enough to improve them, Pep would've found a way. Now, and suddenly, he is pretty happy to have a classic number 9.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If he was good enough to improve them, Pep would've found a way. Now, and suddenly, he is pretty happy to have a classic number 9.
Weird how it lined up with Halaand being suddenly available.

FatTails

Weird how it lined up with Halaand being suddenly available.
Way to miss the point. Haaland is good enough to improve City, and warranted a change of system. Jesus never was.

No shame in him improving your lot and not being good enough for City. Most of the city squad would improve United too, even those rotting on the bench

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Way to miss the point. Haaland is good enough to improve City, and warranted a change of system. Jesus never was.

No shame in him improving your lot and not being good enough for City. Most of the city squad would improve United too, even those rotting on the bench
Agree, City have been operating on another level for a while and I for one wouldn't mind another one or two of their 'rejects'. Similar thing for Odegaard, the Real Madrid reject. One thing that has been clear with Jesus and Zinchenko is that their mentality and work ethic have disseminated throughout the squad IMO and it has strengthened our overall mentality/resolve. They know what it takes to win the title, which is something no one else in our squad has experience in. And they're all only 24-25 and should be coming into the peak of their powers.

Zetrio2002

Jesus is an incredibly good player. It's amazing how lucky Arsenal is able to get him on relatively low price to replace Aubameyang and Lacazette.

zaafi

Not sure how anyone is surprised at how he's doing. I suggested that we should be in for him to some of my United supporting colleagues and I basically got laughed at. It's like some people think if you're not a consistent starter for a great team, you're not good enough for us. We got linked to fecking Arnautovic, Brian Brobbey and Kalajdzic. Absolute trash in comparison to Gabriel Jesus.

It really was such an obvious signing, and instead we're now stuck with a 37 year old Ronaldo that wants to leave and Martial.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure how anyone is surprised at how he's doing. I suggested that we should be in for him to some of my United supporting colleagues and I basically got laughed at.
Jesus doesn't fit the transfer model of Man Utd. Varane, Casemiro and FDJ are the perfect fit. For a club with Man Utd's resources, it is normal to go for the very best player in the industry. Man Utd has no business to unearth raw diamond and nurture them into first team player. That's the job for Brighton, Leeds and Crystal Palace.

Chief123

He’s been absolutely brilliant and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the running for EPL player of the year if he stays injury free.

The introduction of Saliba, Zinchenko and Jesus has filled the 3 biggest cracks in that Arsenal team. All 3 fitted in straight away.

People need to stop using Jesus price in arguments about bargains available. He had 1 year left and could have left for free next summer. £45m is a decent price to recoup by city for someone who’s a free agent next summer.

Phil

Jesus doesn't fit the transfer model of Man Utd. Varane, Casemiro and FDJ are the perfect fit. For a club with Man Utd's resources, it is normal to go for the very best player in the industry. Man Utd has no business to unearth raw diamond and nurture them into first team player. That's the job for Brighton, Leeds and Crystal Palace.
That’s part of our problem though, we should have both.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
That’s part of our problem though, we should have both.
Man Utd, with the resources they have, should go for players between 24 -27 who are entering their prime. Man Utd didn't buy well lately doesn't mean this strategy is wrong.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Never liked him, plays dirty and yet he is one of biggest moaners on the pitch in every game. Just keeps on complaining.

Edit: yeah; this has nothing to do that he looks very good on the pitch performance wise though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He is too good to settle just being a rotation player, City obviously wouldn't sell to us but I'm surprised he went to Arsenal.

SAFMUTD

He's on great form really impressive game overall.

Feck him

cyberman

Playing well but he has to do it in the box. They’re getting muscled out of it in there and need someone to get about it and create something to test David.
Our defenders want to face him up out there. Give away free kicks against a tiny attack.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The real deal.

I know he has many trophies to his name but you could argue he's wasted a number of years at City.

Let's hope he wastes the next few at Arsenal.

SER19

Close this thread until people have a deep breath and let Gary Neville's hysterics settle a bit. What insane praise for a striker who didnt get a shot on target. Played really well dont get me wrong, but my god.

1 goal in last 4, 3 in 6 this season. You'd think he was prime Brazil Ronaldo.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Spent more time on the floor than Reyes in that game 18-19 years ago

Baffled at all the praise

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
held play up and linked really well today. was a handful for our defence all game long. definitely elevated arsenal.

MiracleInMadrid

Loved how we spent the first few duels with him going at him very hard. Martinez, McTominay and Varane all went in hard on him within the first 10 minutes of the game. Looked intended to try to rattle him a bit. Loved it.

Overall I think we played hard today. I'm not sure, but I think that may have put a few of their attackers off when they had chances to score. They had quite a few good opportunities where they straight up failed to hit the target.

Apart from that, he's obviously a very good player, and a great addition for Arsenal.

Jcrossley94

Thought he had a great game today, and deservedly has been getting a lot of praise.

however, it never really felt like he was going to score during the game, for all the praise, he was rarely in a position in the box to put the ball in.

hard to play against, but struggled to have an impact where it really mattered today.

mu4c_20le

Glorified Joelinton. He'll be moved to midfield when they sign a better forward.