Jesus | Arsenal Player (a very naughty boy)

fallengt

Played well, caused Varane so much trouble but no end product
Contrast to Rashford.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Should’ve tried to sign him. Probably never stood a chance though due to him playing for City.

cyberman

Lot of his hold up play was to try to muscle our CBS, come off second best and then get a free for being every bit as physical but losing out.

flameinthesun

Should’ve tried to sign him. Probably never stood a chance though due to him playing for City.
Definitely, think he would have fit Ten Hag's style perfectly.

He physically handled both Varane and Martinez. Rio said on his podcast that when Jesus first signed for city he spoke to Stones to see what Jesus was like after 6 months. Stones told him that Jesus was very good technically but the thing that stood out in training was how strong he is for his size. He seems to be one of those strong low centre of gravity types.

ArjenIsM3

Definitely, think he would have fit Ten Hag's style perfectly.

He physically handled both Varane and Martinez. Rio said on his podcast that when Jesus first signed for city he spoke to Stones to see what Jesus was like after 6 months. Stones told him that Jesus was very good technically but the thing that stood out in training was how strong he is for his size. He seems to be one of those strong low centre of gravity types.
So he's a Sanchez regen?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Spent 6 years faffing about at City when he could have been the main man elsewhere.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Spent 6 years faffing about at City when he could have been the main man elsewhere.
Money.

Bernado Silva is the same, seems to be close to leaving City but ends up staying. Perhaps because nobody can match his "salary"

Tarrou

I wish people would stop saying we should've signed him. What planet do you all live on seriously?

Chief123

Had no idea he was close to joining Real Madrid.

Chief123

If he got a single shot on target, that would help.

caid

Yeah i think he has to look at himself really. He was a handful but only outside of the box. Lots of good play from Arsenal but never anything to show for it at the end of the move. He'll look great but wont score too many

JustinC00

"better than them"

fecking got a a laugh out of that, for all the possession they had they did feck all and rarely threatened us outside of the 1 goal and a couple of fluffed shots.

possession means feck all when you do nothing with it and they did nothing.

Chief123

Yeah i think he has to look at himself really. He was a handful but only outside of the box. Lots of good play from Arsenal but never anything to show for it at the end of the move. He'll look great but wont score too many
The Utd game showed me a lot of reasons why Pep chose to play Jesus on the wings. Pep opted for false 9’s like Foden and Bernardo to play in the centre over Jesus.

Jesus has great strength and work rate, but he’s just not keen on having a shot when he should. He either wants to dribble once more or try to walk it in by dummying one too many times.

caid

The Utd game showed me a lot of reasons why Pep chose to play Jesus on the wings. Pep opted for false 9’s like Foden and Bernardo to play in the centre over Jesus.

Jesus has great strength and work rate, but he’s just not keen on having a shot when he should. He either wants to dribble once more or try to walk it in by dummying one too many times.
Yeah i had more or less the same thought

always_hoping

"better than them"

fecking got a a laugh out of that, for all the possession they had they did feck all and rarely threatened us outside of the 1 goal and a couple of fluffed shots.

possession means feck all when you do nothing with it and they did nothing.
Had a good laugh at that remark also. Let's not forget United bossed the possession stakes in the 4-0 defeat to Brentford.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
For the bench, why not
Had he signed for Madrid, he would have played a lot. Benzema isn't immortal and behind Vinicius, the wings spots are pretty open.

The_Midfielder

We can see now why Pep played him on the right and left and never trusted him as a CF
He plays similar to how Firminho does..
Arsenal need their Salah /Mane to get the goals and I don't think Saka, Martinelli can match those numbers

caid

Maybe were being harsh and after years playing on the wing he'll need time to adjust to being the CF

Suedesi

Had he signed for Madrid, he would have played a lot. Benzema isn't immortal and behind Vinicius, the wings spots are pretty open.
He would sit on the bench - a lot. Then you would be able to buy him for 30m quid in 2 yrs time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He would sit on the bench - a lot. Then you would be able to buy him for 30m quid in 2 yrs time.
That's fine too :D Now if they could bench Camavinga for 2 years...

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I thought he analysis on MOTD2 was really insightful. Jesus spent a lot of time outside the box, linking up well with the other arsenal attackers, laying off passes etc. But he needs to be in the box, finishing off those chances. I think Arsenal need him to do that more rather than turning up on the left wing and whipping in a ball.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Money.

Bernado Silva is the same, seems to be close to leaving City but ends up staying. Perhaps because nobody can match his "salary"
what an odd take, Silva is literally one of the first names on the team sheet and played the most minutes of any outfield player for City last season, reason he doesn't go is PSG and Barca tried to get him for £60m which is an insult

Teja

I thought he analysis on MOTD2 was really insightful. Jesus spent a lot of time outside the box, linking up well with the other arsenal attackers, laying off passes etc. But he needs to be in the box, finishing off those chances. I think Arsenal need him to do that more rather than turning up on the left wing and whipping in a ball.
It's a system thing I think. He had to play false 9 at times because of how the two teams set out their structures pressing / build up structures.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
what an odd take, Silva is literally one of the first names on the team sheet and played the most minutes of any outfield player for City last season, reason he doesn't go is PSG and Barca tried to get him for £60m which is an insult
And yet he's been on the verge of leaving for 2 seasons.

Bestofthebest

He is good player. Strong, holds up the ball and is a good finisher. Just wish he could get rid of that permanent pained expression. Would take him any day at Utd.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
And yet he's been on the verge of leaving for 2 seasons.
as has been reported, his missus doesn't like MCR, he's contracted, someone offers the clubs valuation and he can go, why should a club sell someone for 20-30m below their valuation

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That was deliberate. We were man to man in CM so Xhaka and Lakonga pushed wide leaving a huge gap for Jesus to drop into. It’s why they dominated the opening 15 minutes of the second half.

Flexdegea

Close this thread until people have a deep breath and let Gary Neville's hysterics settle a bit. What insane praise for a striker who didnt get a shot on target. Played really well dont get me wrong, but my god.

1 goal in last 4, 3 in 6 this season. You'd think he was prime Brazil Ronaldo.

He is a top player.

But he slowly becoming the most overrated player about. From when he was signed he been elevated to higher levels before he even started playing, to be fair to him he has started well and is a top signing for arsenal, but listen to Neville during the match you'd think it was the real Ronaldo banging a hat trick against us for real Madrid.

Absolutely baffling to be honest