Joško Gvardiol | extends his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Regardless of Ralf I would find it shocking if our scouts were unaware of both players. They are playing for a top team in a widely watched league.

Another obvious suggestion from Ragnick that some will probably look at as a moment of genius.

Real Name

Regardless of Ralf I would find it shocking if our scouts were unaware of both players. They are playing for a top team in a widely watched league.

Another obvious suggestion from Rangnick that some will probably look at as a moment of genius.
It's just as it seems RR PR is working full swing and some of the posters are buying it.

As you said Joško is out there so to say for a good while and half of football world already knows how talented he is.

Okey

Great deal for Chelsea. This kid is headed right to the very top. Imagine a central defensive pairing of Fofana and Gvardiol in 3 years time, when both would still actually be youngsters!

RoyH1

€90m and he stays there for a year? People complain about the Antony fee but that is the sort of deal that ruins the market. That's the sort of agreement for a young kid that's not ready yet, but never usually associated with that sort of fee.
Absolutely bonkers deal. Face palm worthy.

RC89

Cucurella Josko Koulibaly Fofana James

Incredible backline. However, it's for next summer and there's no guarantee that Tuchel will still be here if he doesn't make top 4. And there aren't too many managers that will play with 3 CB's.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
90m for Josko, 80m for Fofana, 60m for Cucurella, 50m for Chilwell. Thats one expensive defense and thats not even including the 35m for Koulibaly.
Koulibaly the cheapest of them all makes it hilarious when you remember how much Napoli was posturing and saying they’ll reject all the big bids a few years back.

Incredible backline. However, it's for next summer and there's no guarantee that Tuchel will still be here if he doesn't make top 4. And there aren't too many managers that will play with 3 CB's.
Gareth Southgate will and he will probably be available after the world cup.

saik

Painfully obvious that they are in dire need of a striker but splash about 250m on defenders just this summer. Determined to grind out 1-0 wins I guess.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Do City start Dias, Laporte and Stones/Ake every game? Do Liverpool play Van Dijk, Matip and Konate at once?

EngimaMK

Great deal for Chelsea. This kid is headed right to the very top. Imagine a central defensive pairing of Fofana and Gvardiol in 3 years time, when both would still actually be youngsters!
No guarantees whatsoever in football. Fofana has proven nothing and the transition to a new league is never a forgone conclusion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
90m euros for a defender :lol:

Antony is a fecking snip compared. wow. Chelsea really are desperate.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The people saying this is laughable money remind me of a post in the Antony thread the other day where somebody said 'people seem to think it's 2008 still'.

This is the market now, get over it. You lot signed Maguire for £80m FFS, and Martinez for £47m+. Liverpool spent the same amount on Van Dijk 5 years ago and he was much older and at a mid-table PL club at the time. Ruben Dias cost £65m+, so did De Ligt a few years ago and Gvardiol is a better player than he was at the time IMO.

Lux Thunder

1. I rate Rangnick very high, but you don't need him to recommend you a well-known generational talent like Gvardiol. He is IMO the best young center-back with a very unique set of abilities.

2. I wrote before summer he won't be leaving RB Leipzig for less than 70 mil., so I don't get people wondering about his price. Either they don't accept the fact that the market changed or they never heard of him or possibly both. We are not even in a position to comment on prices having overpaid limited players like Maguire and AWB - those deals are real daylight robberies.

3. He is staying in Leipzig because they don't want to lose him at this stage of the transfer window and Chelsea just doesn't want to miss an opportunity - he is not staying there because he is not ready. He would slot in the LCB role in their system right away.

4. Not so happy seeing him in another EPL club, he has everything to be one of the center-backs in the league and is still young. Great signing for Chelsea.

5. Don't understand people who dare to comment in this thread and have no clue about him - are they just trolling or have they seriously never heard of him ? Right back, seriously ?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah yeah, but this is €90m for a player they don’t even get for an additional year. That’s pretty mad

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maguire ring any bells?
Yeah, and that was a great big mistake too. Let's hope he works out to be the same.

Chelsea are spending 180m on 2 centre backs, yet United are the ones that get called bad at doing business :lol:

cyberman

1. I rate Rangnick very high, but you don't need him to recommend you a well-known generational talent like Gvardiol. He is IMO the best young center-back with a very unique set of abilities.

2. I wrote before summer he won't be leaving RB Leipzig for less than 70 mil., so I don't get people wondering about his price. Either they don't accept the fact that the market changed or they never heard of him or possibly both. We are not even in a position to comment on prices having overpaid limited players like Maguire and AWB - those deals are real daylight robberies.

3. He is staying in Leipzig because they don't want to lose him at this stage of the transfer window and Chelsea just doesn't want to miss an opportunity - he is not staying there because he is not ready. He would slot in the LCB role in their system right away.

4. Not so happy seeing him in another EPL club, he has everything to be one of the center-backs in the league and is still young. Great signing for Chelsea.

5. Don't understand people who dare to comment in this thread and have no clue about him - are they just trolling or have they seriously never heard of him ? Right back, seriously ?
It’s more Chelsea have spent 300m on defenders and are severley lacking in midfield and attack yet are already wasting next years budget on a 90m purchase in a position they have already spend hundreds of millions on and have a few promising youngsters coming through
And yes, United fans can comment on this transfer, half your points are you gate keeping who can comment here despite it being a Utd forum. Maybe go to a Chelsea/ Leipzig forum to get away from Utd fans talking about a transfer on a Utd forum?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Yeah, and that was a great big mistake too. Let's hope he works out to be the same.

Chelsea are spending 180m on 2 centre backs, yet United are the ones that get called bad at doing business :lol:
*3 centre-backs.

It’s more Chelsea have spent 300m on defenders and are severley lacking in midfield and attack yet are already wasting next years budget on a 90m purchase in a position they have already spend hundreds of millions on and have a few promising youngsters coming through
And yes, United fans can comment on this transfer, half your points are you gate keeping who can comment here despite it being a Utd forum. Maybe go to a Chelsea/ Leipzig forum to get away from Utd fans talking about a transfer on a Utd forum?
They'll still have more than enough to go after a top striker next summer. I think the problem is there are a lack of options this year, with Haaland and Nunez gone early, Kane probably locked in at Spurs now (and a difficult target with the rivalry) and Lewandowski set on going to Barca, and Martinez committing to staying at Inter for the forseeable who else could they go after?

Saying they are severely lacking in midfield is a bit of an overstatement IMO - they have Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Gallagher, RLC, Mount. Most teams would kill for that level of options.

Pronewbie

Peep
I honestly don’t think our fans would have minded if we kept Bailly and sold Maguire to Chelsea for EUR50M if their interest was genuine. Would have possibly funded a new 1st team GK/RB.

cyberman

*3 centre-backs.

They'll still have more than enough to go after a top striker next summer. I think the problem is there are a lack of options this year, with Haaland and Nunez gone early, Kane probably locked in at Spurs now (and a difficult target with the rivalry) and Lewandowski set on going to Barca, and Martinez committing to staying at Inter for the forseeable who else could they go after?

Saying they are severely lacking in midfield is a bit of an overstatement IMO - they have Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Gallagher, RLC, Mount. Most teams would kill for that level of options.
Kante always injured, Gallagher has never done it in a Chelsea shirt and likely never will if he keeps his Chelsea level of performance up, Jorginho gets overrun when somebody even thinks of pressing and RLC is a myth. He doesn’t exist. How he’s still there must be a figment of my imagination. The less said about the worlds first DM AM in Mount the better. There’s nothing there, it’s badly in need of rejuvenation.
You don’t have to go for top striker, at this stage any decent striker will do. If they’re willing to spend so much on Gordon then there’s no excuse. Buy a bit of imagination for the midfield, be a top club and find a solution. In no way is Nunez a top striker but Liverpool saw needs must and took the plunge believing in Klopp to be the difference. Meanwhile every attacker has suffered under Tuchel. Every single one.

Lux Thunder

They lacking in midfield is due to the injuries of Kovačić and Kante, Kova is already back on the pitch and Kante will soon be available so they are not in urgency about buying a midfielder unless someone is leaving. For attack I do agree with you, don't see where they will get goals from that squad apart from Sterling, but they might have seen this as the only opportunity to sign Gvardiol and they made that move, fair play. Also, this deal doesn't mean they are done with business for this summer.

No, I won't go to Chelsea/Leipzig forum, I'm a United fan too, but I have no problem with saying that our rivals get a very good signing and Gvardiol certainly is that as they ensure him for 2023. beating other top teams who we can be sure all have their eyes on him.

People moaning about prices being the same who, if United made this deal, will use terms like "United taxes" pretending that other teams don't pay big fees and in this case when rivals are making this kind of deal they will jump in thread laughing about overpaying. Also, commenting on players that they never heard of or watched is pretty much pointless.

redIndianDevil

It's ridiculous that us Manchester United fans are laughing at this. I think it's a very shrewd investment from Chelsea to invest this much in their backline.

They will be set for half a decade at least(if it works out). They are also not breaking wage structure or offer silly money to these youngsters which will make it easier to sell them off for a decent fee if it doesn't work out. Look at how we are struggling to move on Bailly, AWB etc for decent fee due to their wages.

If these signings turn out to be a success, all they have to do is keep looking for young up and coming defenders and keep farming them out on loans and in case they have to upgrade they won't need to splash the cash and be desperate like us.

Imagine when so many people laughed at City for spending so much on fullbacks when Guardiola took over, now they are in a position to reject silly demands for a good player. Because they have time to scout and make better signings which our board will never understand.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure that prospect gets @WeePat going
The thought of it sent a shiver down my spine. Yuk.

I remain firmly Tuchel in. I believe in him and have no interest in him leaving.

But, in the event Boehly did something crazy, Luis Enrique is probably the manager I would like the most or Potter.

RC89

Do City start Dias, Laporte and Stones/Ake every game? Do Liverpool play Van Dijk, Matip and Konate at once?
When you pay those sort of fees, you're expecting them to start. Also, City's are replacements of each other, they didn't make the agreements all in one window unlike Chelsea, barring James of course

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
When you pay those sort of fees, you're expecting them to start. Also, City's are replacements of each other, they didn't make the agreements all in one window unlike Chelsea, barring James of course
Stones and Ake both cost more than Koulibaly, so by that logic they both should be starting then.

And how are they replacements for each other? They have all been at the club for multiple seasons together, and none are expected to leave.

I'm just saying it's a bit of a mute point - even if we look beyond the fact we're speculating about them sacking a CL manager before we even get to a possible situation where all 3 don't start next season, even in a 4-man defense all 3 would get plenty of game time at a club that competes on all fronts and plays 50+ games a season.

Also Koulibaly isn't a huge investment for them at £35m to be honest, and he'll be 32 next year. If they end up in a position where they can't guarantee all 3 enough game time they could likely move on from him fairly easily.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Leipzeg have said this isn't happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.