Joao Cancelo | Bayern watch

dinostar77

Hes supposedly available for £35mil. Would certainly improve us going forwards from fullback position.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Really don't understand this situation. What exactly has happened? Was it about playing time?
I think he fell out with Pep. Bayern will not pay €70m for him but I assume, they‘d love to keep him.

Ted Lasso

I think he fell out with Pep. Bayern will not pay €70m for him but I assume, they‘d love to keep him.
Pricey but that's well worth it. He plays RB and LB right? Have to imagine if there's a possibility we go for him .

GlasgowCeltic

dont think he would be perfect for Utd at all, always looks quality at left back but shite at right back imo

Bearded One

We need a proper right back. I heard that Kimmich is unsatisfied. We should go for him or Cancelo this summer.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Kimmich is a CM not a RB. He is also not leaving Bayern for United.
He is a better RB than CM, he is just moaning a lot when he has to play RB because he wants to play in the center of the pitch. But that doesn't mean he should.

Oranges038

Really don't understand this situation. What exactly has happened? Was it about playing time?
My take on this is this.

Pep tweaked his system, Ake was moved in and took the left sided role of 3rd CB and Cancelo was no longer playing the same role so he got pissed off. And Pep told him to do one.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
He is a better RB than CM, he is just moaning a lot when he has to play RB because he wants to play in the center of the pitch. But that doesn't mean he should.
Don‘t think so personally. He‘d be ace within a three at the back system where he has a lot of freedom going forward and is defensively covered but he‘s imho defensively always been quite bad (too bad) as a rb - especially if he has to play against pacey wingers which is the norm nowadays as he isn‘t fast enough and his positional play when defending is lacking (that‘s why he‘s also underperforming whenever he has to hold a midfield together on his own - like he has to do at Bayern or the NT whenever Gündo ain‘t playing because of Goretzka). What he really needs imho and hasn‘t got for a long time neither at Bayern nor the national team is a proper CM sitting next to him - if not a proper DM behind him. Goretzka is just pants in thoses constellations.

Bearded One

Kimmich is a CM not a RB. He is also not leaving Bayern for United.
Kimmich will play RB for us much much better than whatever we have there at the moment. He has played there very well. I agree with you on the bit about the possibility of him coming here, unfortunately. However you’ll never know. Didn’t know Casmiero would come here.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Thought Pep might've learned his lesson from this season's close run-in with Arsenal but apparently not. Time to strengthen them some more.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Thought Pep might've learned his lesson from this season's close run-in with Arsenal but apparently not. Time to strengthen them some more.
Considering that he lately didn't impress anyone I think it's fair to question if this move would really strengthen Arsenal.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
He's been good at Bayern though? Literally everybody posting in the FCB forum appreciated his performances (within a weak performing squad) - talk is he can be bought for about 40m which is considered a no-brainer there. Wether that rumour is true or not, no idea, but Davies stopped talks about extending his contract today...only real downside is his age.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Considering that he lately didn't impress anyone I think it's fair to question if this move would really strengthen Arsenal.
He offers a lot more going forward than Ben White or Tomiyasu. He was literally in the PL team of the year this time last year as he played an integral role in City winning back to back league titles. Yes, he fell out with Pep this season and didn't impress at Bayern but that doesn't mean he won't be a top signing elsewhere.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
He's been good at Bayern though? Literally everybody posting in the FCB forum appreciated his performances (within a weak performing squad) - talk is he can be bought for about 40m which is considered a no-brainer there. Wether that rumour is true or not, no idea, but Davies stopped talks about extending his contract today...only real downside is his age.
He has been much better than the other PL signing Mane, but no way in hell 70m performances.

Still a top player, but a bit disappointin considering all the hype he had before going to Bayern... maybe another case of Pep system making players look better than they are.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He offers a lot more going forward than Ben White or Tomiyasu. He was literally in the PL team of the year this time last year as he played an integral role in City winning back to back league titles. Yes, he fell out with Pep this season and didn't impress at Bayern but that doesn't mean he won't be a top signing elsewhere.
Do you not think Arteta would want him for the inverted LB spot rather than RB?

I say that because that is where he really shone for Pep, Tierney is leaving and Xhaka could be too, which would only leave Zinchenko who can perform that function in the whole squad.

I think it’s a no brainer for Arsenal at £40 million. Tailor made for their set up.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
He has been much better than the other PL signing Mane, but no way in hell 70m performances.

Still a top player, but a bit disappointin considering all the hype he had before going to Bayern... maybe another case of Pep system making players look better than they are.
no way Bayern would pay 70m but as I said rumour in that Bayern forum (think it‘s the biggest German one, transfermarkt.de) was that it‘s already lowered and for 40m many wanted him in asap and those that didn‘t only because he‘s 29 and the lb/rb positions are ok-ish stacked already at Bayern while other areas are severly lacking and need serious funds. Just surprised that many wrote he didn‘t impress at Bayern. He certainly didn‘t set the pitch on fire but that’sa hard task in a dysfunctional andcompletely out of form squad.

He was one of the very few players in the squad that can actually play in a side that wants ball possession and retention and he immediately showed it. Davies is not that good in such a system and also lost form a while ago - also stopped talks about contract extension today, so there is that too.

Mané was quite likely the worst Bayern player this season - which is quite impressive!

Zen

Can't wait until Arsenal line up with Zinchenko, Cancelo, Gundogan and Jesus next year, only to very likely go backwards. (#remindme 365 days)

Such a reversal from the days of half of Arsenal going to City....

Ted Lasso

Hope we at least see if it's a possibility. He's a phenomenal player and can play LB RB and CM

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Do you not think Arteta would want him for the inverted LB spot rather than RB?

I say that because that is where he really shone for Pep, Tierney is leaving and Xhaka could be too, which would only leave Zinchenko who can perform that function in the whole squad.

I think it’s a no brainer for Arsenal at £40 million. Tailor made for their set up.
Potentially, yes. Although I think Zinchenko at LB and Cancelo at RB would give them extra attacking impetus against some of the bottom half teams.

It's annoying that Pep is willing to sell all of his backup players to his mate Arteta. There's no way City would sell their players to any other competitor. I couldn't even see them selling to Liverpool and they're arguably less prime for a title challenge next season than Arsenal.

criticalanalysis

Cancelo and Zinchenko as right and left back at Arsenal would be interesting. You'd think they'll dominate possession and will create chances for fun going forward but oh my the space left behind and the lackadaisical off the ball defending would be glorious to watch.

flappyjay

After this season I think City will see Arsenal as a title rival and won't sell to them again

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
No one is paying 70m for a 30 year old FB.