Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but didn’t we pay £10.5 million for Ighalo’s loan? Felix is at least twice the player and immediately feels a need.
Could afford loan deal for him and a Morata/Thuram if not stung for Antony so much

Giggsy13

Could afford loan deal for him and a Morata/Thuram if not stung for Antony so much
Ah yes the terribly negotiated deal for Antony yet oddly Murtough still has his plaudits and backers even if/when the ownership changes. It’s a shame we can’t get Felix when it’s looking likely Arsenal will get Mudryk and according to Sky, negotiating a deal for Felix as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Ornstein ^:
There's a good chance to see him in the PL. Loan is offered by Atletico, most interested parties so far are United and Arsenal. PSG had early interest but not really continued it seems.
Atletico want 15m EUR loan + Salary (6m EUR) --> 21m EUR Deal as things stands.

United + Arsenal said they will be willing to pay <50% of the loan fee. Salary is no problem.

Atletico need to come down significantly or wish another suiter pops up. Ornstein reckons Mendes will work his charm.

Ornstein reckons a deal will happen but insists neither club is a front runner.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looks like arsenal are going for Felix and that other attacker. They mean business. Meanwhile we’re twiddling with our thumbs… as usual.

Abraxas

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but didn’t we pay £10.5 million for Ighalo’s loan? Felix is at least twice the player and immediately fills a need.
Even if this is true, getting shafted twice doesn't make the situation any more tolerable in my view. We should be entering a period under new management where we're less of a soft touch in the market.

DJ_21

The fee they want is daft, or would you prefer we continue overpaying for players?
No I’d prefer us to be actually talking to players… no movement though. Can’t be that hard to get a striker on loan surely? Just until the summer then we can go after our first choice.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No I’d prefer us to be actually talking to players… no movement though. Can’t be that hard to get a striker on loan surely? Just until the summer then we can go after our first choice.
What should make it easy? If the player is good or inexpensive why would his club let him easily go on loan instead of using him themselves?

pascell

We're clearly talking to players though, hence the links. It's actually very hard, no one sells their players for a reasonable fee in January.

Giggsy13

Even if this is true, getting shafted twice doesn't make the situation any more tolerable in my view. We should be entering a period under new management where we're less of a soft touch in the market.
That’s all well and good if you don’t want to achieve anything. Is Felix not a superior player to Ighalo?

DJ_21

What should make it easy? If the player is good or inexpensive why would his club let him easily go on loan instead of using him themselves?
The same reason madrid are letting Felix go on loan when he’s probably there best player…

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The same reason madrid are letting Felix go on loan when he’s probably there best player…
Felix isn't their best player and he has started less than half of the games he played. The reason he is available for loan is because they are willing to sell him since he isn't a starter and is also very expensive. This combination isn't common, players in the situation of Felix aren't common.

Abraxas

That’s all well and good if you don’t want to achieve anything. Is Felix not a superior player to Ighalo?
Of course he is but its not the point. We are not in the market for Igahlo, we're not even the market for anyone comparable. It's just something you've come up with.

The question for the decision makers is whether the Felix one is a good deal and a good option for us. I'm fairly sure that's what they'll be considering, not this contrived comparison where you're using a waste of money in Igahlo to justify a decision.

He's very expensive and we don't know if he's a game changer. I'm fairly sure a club like us would also want an option on a player like this to compensate for how expensive it is, so that there is a payoff if we have to spend time getting him up to speed. The deal has to be looked at on its own merits in my opinion. Of which there are certainly arguments for it, but the deal as presented is not fantastic so we'll see who is lining up for paying that or whether there is negotiation.

Giggsy13

Of course he is but its not the point. We are not in the market for Igahlo, we're not even the market for anyone comparable. It's just something you've come up with.

The question for the decision makers is whether the Felix one is a good deal and a good option for us. I'm fairly sure that's what they'll be considering, not this contrived comparison where you're using a waste of money in Igahlo to justify a decision.

He's very expensive and we don't know if he's a game changer. I'm fairly sure a club like us would also want an option on a player like this to compensate for how expensive it is, so that there is a payoff if we have to spend time getting him up to speed. The deal has to be looked at on its own merits in my opinion. Of which there are certainly arguments for it, but the deal as presented is not fantastic so we'll see who is lining up for paying that or whether there is negotiation.
I never said we were in the market for Ighalo. You’re making up stuff now to suit your argument. Go read my post again. We paid £10.5 million for a loan for Ighalo in 2020 and we’re now bulking at a loan fee for a far superior player who can help us lock up top 4 and possibly a trophy. It was a bad deal for Ighalo but it doesn’t mean it will be the case again for Felix.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
With Donny out for what looked like some time, and Antony injured, you would really like to see Felix come in sooner rather than later?

Get them to slap a call option on from which we deduct the 15m. Problem is just what level it should be on. Knowing AtM they want the option to be 120m or something. Should 75-15=60m EUR at most.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
With Donny out for what looked like some time, and Antony injured, you would really like to see Felix come in sooner rather than later?

Get them to slap a call option on from which we deduct the 15m. Problem is just what level it should be on. Knowing AtM they want the option to be 120m or something. Should 75-15=60m EUR at most.
Genuinely I'd only do it if a buy option was there. United shouldn't be signing players on loan for 6 months.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Genuinely I'd only do it if a buy option was there. United shouldn't be signing players on loan for 6 months.
Luckily for you, according to Matteo Moretto, Atletico Madrid can accept a loan deal with a purchase obligation. Basically, Félix can leave on a straight-up loan or a loan with a purchase obligation in the summer.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Luckily for you, according to Matteo Moretto, Atletico Madrid can accept a loan deal with a purchase obligation. Basically, Félix can leave on a straight-up loan or a loan with a purchase obligation in the summer.
I'd go for that versus a loan.

The way we're playing is pinning teams back and stretching them, we need players that can play in tight spaces and run at them, I think Felix is perfect honestly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The way ETH is speaking he's putting massive pressure on the board to get him someone. I could get onboard with Felix, he's not the endgame in the position but could be a good option

A loan with an option would be best for us

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Looks like arsenal are going for Felix.
Doesn't look like it at all. Probably just the agent or the selling club try to drive up the price. He looks like a top talent but Man Utd is probably a better fit for him at this stage. Arsenal already has Odegaard and ESR for his preferred position.

Last edited:

Rake

We really need this guy, he can additionally cover for Bruno, who has no replacement in the squad at the moment
Don't think it is clever business, unless we manage to get some option to buy him afterwards (for a "reasonable" fee) . It is a new and tougher league, new manager, new teammates. All this is hypothetical, but by the time he truly settles in it will probably be almost time to return to AM.

Last edited:

StiffTackle

Hes been left out of the Atleti squad for their game against Oviedo so perhaps a move is imminent?

croadyman

Could live with Depay or Morata on loan if we got him as well but that's never happening. Shame because with the work Erik has done he deserves a creative attacker and a CF who could chip in with goals.

Last edited:

red_de_pologne

Don't think it is clever business, unless we manage to get some option to buy him afterwards (for a "reasonable" fee) . It is a new and tougher league, new manager, new teammates. All this is hypothetical, but by the time he truly settles in it will probably be almost time to return to AM.
We desperately need additional quality, I'd rather yet-to-be-truly settled Joao Felix came on to change the game than Elanga

Isafim

Too much media and too little football. Not even at Benfica he didn't play all that for what Atleti paid. I wouldn't say he flopped because in Portugal he wasn't all that, why would it be different in Spain? The boy lives on flashes. Of course he is very young and he can evolve but the greatest players at his age were already perceived very differently.

devil99

Someone from Qatar buys us. Felix goes to PSG on loan and we get Mbappe for 30m , 6 months loan. If not we are getting Mauro Icardi on loan on last day of transfer window

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If you don't like Antony you won't like him. His output isn't impressive and considering how we're looking for a player to score goals this only make sense if it's a loan. Basically a trial. Problem is even the loan is stupidly expensive.

croadyman

If you don't like Antony you won't like him. His output isn't impressive and considering how we're looking for a player to score goals this only make sense if it's a loan. Basically a trial. Problem is even the loan is stupidly expensive.
Yeah that's why I want us to go for a Giroud/Thuram/Morata who are used to playing CF and have a box presence too.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are willing to offer €4m for the loan. Atletico want €12/13m.

Nick7

I didn’t realise how much he’s on at Atletico until now. Pretty crazy money considering he’s on his first contract with them signed at 19.

Mainoldo

I didn’t realise how much he’s on at Atletico until now. Pretty crazy money considering he’s on his first contract with them signed at 19.
How much is he on? It was a crazy transfer at the time. I might be wrong but think it was funded by Griezmann.

kidbob

Hopefully no penny pinching here. Him/Thuram could be the difference between 3/4th or 5/6th. The difference between having them compared to someone like Elanga is huge right now. Gives us the chance to hopefully send Elanga out on loan this window too. Martial and him would be huge for the rest of the season. Definitely don't want Arsenal getting him with Jesus out. ETH has shown loads, now the board need to give him this in return.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We are willing to offer €4m for the loan. Atletico want €12/13m.
At least it’s getting more palatable. It was 18m euros last I saw. If we can get it done for around 6-8m, plus wages, I suppose that’s okay. Still a lot for 6 months though.

DJ_21

So this is ETH number 1 target for this month? Think he knows how important it is to not only just get squad depth but to get quality squad depth. He can play multiple positions across the frontline and even give Bruno a rest and the quality shouldn’t drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.