Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I do, when they are funny or at least make a little bit sense.
Not saying it was funny or a good joke, but it was clearly a joke. Don't understand such a serious response.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not saying it was funny or a good joke, but it was clearly a joke. Don't understand such a serious response.
Because it wasn't clear. But now I'm wondering why you are being that dramatic which opens a new can of worms.

PS: Don't you worry I'm not too serious at the minute.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Because it wasn't clear. But now I'm wondering why you are being that dramatic which opens a new can of worms.

PS: Don't you worry I'm not too serious at the minute.
You scoundrel.

davidmichael

Because they’re such a hard watch on the eye I’ve not seen a lot of Felix for Atletico, I only sometimes watch Atletico against Barca or Real and also watched him when we played them which he was impressive in.

From what I have seen of him he’s always kind of been a second striker or more withdrawn than the furthest one forward, for someone who watches Atletico regularly can Felix play effectively as the furthest one forward ?

Also with Fernandes in the team would his forward runs and natural game mean him and Felix getting in each other’s way ? I do think that on the turn Felix could be great with Antony and Rashford either side but it’d be Fernandes and Felix together that I’d be concerned about although I’d trust ETH to get the best of them all.

Suedesi

He’s not starting, wants to leave, fallen out with Simeone, hasn’t fulfilled the huge hype and is out of contract in just over 18 months. You’d hope we could get him for a good price if we want him.
I thought he's got 2.5 yrs left

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Sadly I think it's best for him to leave, but I really don't understand it. He's probably not a perfect Simeone-lad, but he is the one individual game changer they have, and he's easily the most talented Atleti player since I can't even remember. No matter which position he's put in, he made his own when given some time to get into the role, and if further back, the freedom to use his creativity and technical skills. But when he was used more as a striker, he was very prolific, too, just before he got injured. When you watch him, you'll probably miss his playmaker skills when he's put into more of a classical striker role, but he can adapt to the role if necessary.

But so many times now it seems to finally click and then Simeone always takes him out first for some reason, even if he's shown enough skill and even work. Simeone was usually fair to all his players, outside of his always hanging on to hierarchy, so either the latter is breaking Joao apart, or this lad really doesn't do it for Simeone somehow. It's sad really. This season seemed to be the time his star would rise, but so did the last. Last season injuries broke his spell apart, this season it seems to be on the coach. Perhaps he could be more of a team player and Simeone is trying to get him to attune to the team rather than vice versa, but it feels so off when he's the one guy – next to Lemar, to be fair – to get Atleti ticking.

I want him to stay, but right now I think ETH's playstyle and personality seem a way better fit than Simeone, and since the latter won't use him, I'd rather see him blossom at United than be stuck in the Atleti carroussel. It did turn out all right for Lemar and to a lesser extent Correa, the other creative forces Simeone tends to be afraid to use, but with Felix my hopes aren't high that Simeone will trust him and have the patience to let the team grow in a different direction to his tried and succeeded (but not really anymore) road.

Can't wait for him to show up as a starter, no matter where, and show many people in this thread about his "lack of clinical finishing"

redcucumber

No idea how we can afford the fee to be honest.
What sort of fee would he command? He's become a rotational figure for Atletico, which suggests there's something to work with in terms of negotiating a fee that works for both sides. £70m plus Ronaldo?

redcucumber

Sadly I think it's best for him to leave, but I really don't understand it. He's probably not a perfect Simeone-lad, but he is the one individual game changer they have, and he's easily the most talented Atleti player since I can't even remember. No matter which position he's put in, he made his own when given some time to get into the role, and if further back, the freedom to use his creativity and technical skills. But when he was used more as a striker, he was very prolific, too, just before he got injured. When you watch him, you'll probably miss his playmaker skills when he's put into more of a classical striker role, but he can adapt to the role if necessary.

But so many times now it seems to finally click and then Simeone always takes him out first for some reason, even if he's shown enough skill and even work. Simeone was usually fair to all his players, outside of his always hanging on to hierarchy, so either the latter is breaking Joao apart, or this lad really doesn't do it for Simeone somehow. It's sad really. This season seemed to be the time his star would rise, but so did the last. Last season injuries broke his spell apart, this season it seems to be on the coach. Perhaps he could be more of a team player and Simeone is trying to get him to attune to the team rather than vice versa, but it feels so off when he's the one guy – next to Lemar, to be fair – to get Atleti ticking.

I want him to stay, but right now I think ETH's playstyle and personality seem a way better fit than Simeone, and since the latter won't use him, I'd rather see him blossom at United than be stuck in the Atleti carroussel. It did turn out all right for Lemar and to a lesser extent Correa, the other creative forces Simeone tends to be afraid to use, but with Felix my hopes aren't high that Simeone will trust him and have the patience to let the team grow in a different direction to his tried and succeeded (but not really anymore) road.

Can't wait for him to show up as a starter, no matter where, and show many people in this thread about his "lack of clinical finishing"
Interesting post! I've not seen the posts in question but I'm surprised there are United fans referencing his lack of clinical finishing, he was deadly against us last season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What sort of fee would he command? He's become a rotational figure for Atletico, which suggests there's something to work with in terms of negotiating a fee that works for both sides. £70m plus Ronaldo?
Unsure but he has his whole career ahead of him and joined for what 100m eur?

We won't pay 70m either in my opinion.

mu4c_20le

According to reports he is ETH 4th choice. How far he's fallen. And he will be more expensive than Toney.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unsure but he has his whole career ahead of him and joined for what 100m eur?

We won't pay 70m either in my opinion.
It's 50m for JF. 20m for them to take Cristiano

UDontMessWith24

Worth a punt if Atletico’s actually looking to offload him and sets the bar accordingly. Simeone’s man management style has obviously been effective but not for everyone. If our Portuguese contingency and ETH can get him playing up to his ability this can be a major coup.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
If by Martinez you mean Lautaro - yes, but no chance Inter sells him. Zero.
Martinez would be perfect for us, runs all day, pure fighter, technically good, selfless and can score goals.
I do agree it would be a difficult transfer but it's not impossible to negotiate with Inter at all, they'll much likely negotiate with us than negotiate with Juve.

croadyman

They also look like real goalscorers compared to Felix who isn't really prolific in that regard. And we really need a quality goalscorer ahead of anything else right now.
Yeah I would take him any day of the week IF we had a bottomless pit like City/Newcastle but don't

croadyman

Martinez would be perfect for us, runs all day, pure fighter, technically good, selfless and can score goals.
I do agree it would be a difficult transfer but it's not impossible to negotiate with Inter at all, they'll much likely negotiate with us than negotiate with Juve.
Doesn't sound like he wants to leave Inter

pascell

We are always monitoring him, but very unlikely we go for him in January.
Yeah iirc our finances are looking bleak, think it'll be next summer when we know if we have CL football or not. I'm hoping both Ronaldo and Martial leave and we bring in both Felix and Toney, or at least two strikers.

justsomebloke

As things are looking now, I think there's a case for the notion that what we need at forward is a creator, someone who can inject some fluidity and imagination into the attack, even more than a clinical finisher. We look predictable, short on inventiveness. We don't have that, unless it's Martial. Rashford and Antony basically do their thing. Bruno is capable of the unexpected, but he's fundamentally an opportunist. Someone like Felix might not be the worst choice. His versatility would be a nice asset too.

Skills

Snitch
As things are looking now, I think there's a case for the notion that what we need at forward is a creator, someone who can inject some fluidity and imagination into the attack, even more than a clinical finisher. We look predictable, short on inventiveness. We don't have that, unless it's Martial. Rashford and Antony basically do their thing. Bruno is capable of the unexpected, but he's fundamentally an opportunist. Someone like Felix might not be the worst choice. His versatility would be a nice asset too.
This is correct. People talk about Cavani being good for us, but our football was undeniably much better in 2020 when Martial was the starting striker (even when he wasn't scoring). Our football turned stale with Cavani for all his goals.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is correct. People talk about Cavani being good for us, but our football was undeniably much better in 2020 when Martial was the starting striker (even when he wasn't scoring). Our football turned stale with Cavani for all his goals.
Exactly, it was such a strange season because Martial was doing almost everything well outside of scoring which was obviously a big issue that needed to be fixed. That's why I'm interested in having a player like Joao Felix, I also think that we need to keep in mind the way Bruno and Rashford play, these two are good and productive players when they have Martial around and I believe that Joao Felix is an upgrade on Martial.

Suedesi

I think if he's up for sale a host of other clubs would be interested - it wouldn't be Juve, it would Real Madrid and the like.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Felix is a wonderful, wonderful player. He’s got a bag of tricks. Whenever he gets in a fix, he reaches into his bag of tricks, and boom: problem solved.
Wish he'd reach in and find a few goals though

Idxomer

Simeone put him on in the 87th minute, he is completely out of favour now at Atletico.

Macedonian Red

He can play as false nine like Tadic does in Ajax for Erik. He can also play on the wings and behind striker. If we want to fight for trophies we need deep squad.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Exactly, it was such a strange season because Martial was doing almost everything well outside of scoring which was obviously a big issue that needed to be fixed. That's why I'm interested in having a player like Joao Felix, I also think that we need to keep in mind the way Bruno and Rashford play, these two are good and productive players when they have Martial around and I believe that Joao Felix is an upgrade on Martial.
Martial was our top scorer in 2020 though? He was possibly the best striker in the league that season all things considered.

Then we had a shortened break before the 20/21 season and he came back and couldn't finish/started getting injury prone

Status
Not open for further replies.