Joao Felix

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I flagged this lad up in the summer when he was being linked with West Ham.
Maybe he would benefit from a couple of years at a solid, midtable team like them and then move on similar to the route Neves is likely to take?
Absolutely not. No benefit playing for a mid table club. Staying in benfica and playing CL football against the best teams in the world and competing for titles is best for his career he is still to young and raw.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes, one of my all time fav players.

I stumbled upon this last night, absolutely terrific : yt dot be/x07LUqRzgjI (modify the link as I can't post them).

Magestic. No other way to put it. If only we (Sporting) can make another player like that.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
By then he would require at OTT transfer fee.

We need to get to our knack of signing wonderkids, enough of this blockbuster signings.
There's a debate to be had about this.

Not as simple as just scooping up wonderkids and hoping that they progress to the standard United need.

For every CR there's a few more who don't reach the required level. Those kids also shuffle the youth you already have back in the pecking order.
If you were to bring in Felix, for example, it could hamper the chances of Greenwood making it at United.

Get him in if you like but there is a downside to purchases like this unless you're sure that he's an unmissible talent.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Magestic. No other way to put it. If only we (Sporting) can make another player like that.
I already am starting to regret the fact I praised this kid. They are already elevating him to best portuguese player ever. :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
I already am starting to regret the fact I praised this kid. They are already elevating him to best portuguese player ever. :lol:
Felix is no Ronaldo and no other Portuguese club can take that away from us.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Absolutely not. No benefit playing for a mid table club. Staying in benfica and playing CL football against the best teams in the world and competing for titles is best for his career he is still to young and raw.
I don't have the answers, mate, just floating a few observations.
You make it sound like he would be getting elite football on a regular basis but the majority of Portuguese teams are pretty average, aren't they? Porto and maybe SCP would test him but the rest....
As for CL, Benfica are guaranteed only 6 games per season two of which may be against someone like Bate Borisov or Astana.
At least in a middling English or Spanish team there are challenging fixtures most weeks.
Neves has made himself an attractive proposition to many top clubs at Wolves who have no expectations of CL football.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You make it sound like he would be getting elite football on a regular basis but the majority of Portuguese teams are pretty average, aren't they? Porto and maybe SCP would test him but the rest....
As for CL, Benfica are guaranteed only 6 games per season two of which may be against someone like Bate Borisov or Astana.
At least in a middling English or Spanish team there are challenging fixtures most weeks.
Neves has made himself an attractive proposition to many top clubs at Wolves who have no expectations of CL football.
Sorry but for all the money the West Hams of this life have Benfica is better. And I don't like them. He is young and has time to learn, beside that he can be tested in Europe too playing for them. He has time to leave.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Sorry but for all the money the West Hams of this life have Benfica is better. And I don't like them. He is young and has time to learn, beside that he can be tested in Europe too playing for them. He has time to leave.
Well the West Ham interest seems to have passed now. Maybe too much money for them?
Would you know, is he a Mendes client and how long left on his Benfica contract?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well the West Ham interest seems to have passed now. Maybe too much money for them?
Would you know, is he a Mendes client and how long left on his Benfica contract?
I have been thinking a little regarding this.

Honestly don't think he is matured enough to play or start for a top 6 club in England. I heard he wasn't a Mendes player but it was like "forced" to be represented by Gestifute.

If true or not I don't know. Honestly will be surprised if a club like Wolves will pay the huge fee they are expecting to make with him, after all they already are going to sign Jimenez. Being represented by who he is we can already expect OTT hype, honestly I think he will be a much better player than Renato Sanches, probably will follow the steps of the Cancelos or Bernardo Silvas.

Being from a rival club I could say ok better for them to sell him, from a Portugal perspective I would like to see him leaving in 1 or 2 years not only because I think he would grow up more here working under Lage while outside the Portuguese League he can play Champions League or Europa League.

Don't see where is the problem leaving with 21 or 22, also not expecting his situation to be similar like Neves or Jota when they went for Wolves because they were on the Championship. If you ask me and seeing you are a City supporter I think he has that type of profile that Guardiola likes, but he is not ready for such a level like that.

At least as we speak now. I want to see more of him, the media stuff here in Portugal with Benfica or Gestifute players needs to be well filtered. Just remember Sanches. But he is good for now, no doubt about that.

SportingCP96

Supports
I understand where your coming from but Neves is doing good because he literally could not have chosen a better mid table team. Good Portuguese coach half the squad Portuguese or Portuguese league players it made the transition easy. The truth of the matter is he only went and for the money he went because Porto were in a bad financial situation. Had he stayed his price would be doubled by now. It does not make sense for the top talent in our league to leave the big 3 to go play for small clubs. with all due respect in England if they leave it would only be for the top 6 in England every other club is a tier below the club they are already at.

SportingCP96

Supports
I have been thinking a little regarding this.

Honestly don't think he is matured enough to play or start for a top 6 club in England. I heard he wasn't a Mendes player but it was like "forced" to be represented by Gestifute.

If true or not I don't know. Honestly will be surprised if a club like Wolves will pay the huge fee they are expecting to make with him, after all they already are going to sign Jimenez. Being represented by who he is we can already expect OTT hype, honestly I think he will be a much better player than Renato Sanches, probably will follow the steps of the Cancelos or Bernardo Silvas.

Being from a rival club I could say ok better for them to sell him, from a Portugal perspective I would like to see him leaving in 1 or 2 years not only because I think he would grow up more here working under Lage while outside the Portuguese League he can play Champions League or Europa League.

Don't see where is the problem leaving with 21 or 22, also not expecting his situation to be similar like Neves or Jota when they went for Wolves because they were on the Championship. If you ask me and seeing you are a City supporter I think he has that type of profile that Guardiola likes, but he is not ready for such a level like that.

At least as we speak now. I want to see more of him, the media stuff here in Portugal with Benfica or Gestifute players needs to be well filtered. Just remember Sanches. But he is good for now, no doubt about that.
Well I have said since the beginning Sanches was the most average player you can think of but everyone on the CAF were having a hard on over him. Benfica fleeced Bayern for all that money for a poor player.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I understand where your coming from but Neves is doing good because he literally could not have chosen a better mid table team. Good Portuguese coach half the squad Portuguese or Portuguese league players it made the transition easy. The truth of the matter is he only went and for the money he went because Porto were in a bad financial situation. Had he stayed his price would be doubled by now. It does not make sense for the top talent in our league to leave the big 3 to go play for small clubs. with all due respect in England if they leave it would only be for the top 6 in England every other club is a tier below the club they are already at.
As things are honestly this days is not easy to leave a top club here and go for the top 6.

The level is very high, I think it will be more frequent clubs outside the top 6 being the main destination for them. Probably Wolves, don't think will be the case with this one.

Honestly we are on a United Forum but don't think they need a player of this type, he is more a City type of player (not in the present, maybe in the future).
He most remind me of Joao Vieira Pinto a Portuguese legend who played for both Benfica and Porto.
:nono:

SportingCP96

Supports
As things are honestly this days is not easy to leave a top club here and go for the top 6.

The level is very high, I think it will be more frequent clubs outside the top 6 being the main destination for them. Probably Wolves, don't think will be the case with this one.

Honestly we are on a United Forum but don't think they need a player of this type, he is more a City type of player (not in the present, maybe in the future).
:nono:
NO WAY I typed that ! I must of got confused with another conversation Benfica and SPORTING.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well I have said since the beginning Sanches was the most average player you can think of but everyone on the CAF were having a hard on over him. Benfica raped Bayern for all that money for a poor player.
And when I said that to my Benfica friends they called me racist. :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
And when I said that to my Benfica friends they called me racist. :lol:
The only thing "good" about Renato was he was strong. It stops their. He cant pass like at all. His shot is strong bur that's it no direction no placement. He has no reading of the game or tactical awareness. It was not by luck that he looked like a league 2 player at Swansea.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The only thing "good" about Renato was he was strong. It stops their. He cant pass like at all. His shot is strong bur that's it no direction no placement. He has no reading of the game or tactical awareness. It was not by luck that he looked like a league 2 player at Swansea.
:lol:

Okey

Has he really only played 9 league games?! May well be the real deal but boy that's some early hype. Granted there's 8 Champions leagues as well but still sounds hasty. Hopefully he's more Christiano Ronaldo than Martin Odegaard in terms of how he turns out at a big club.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We were linked quite heavily with him two or three years ago. It looks like a right decision to stick with Benfica rather than coming to United at this age.

Pass and Move

Looks a real talent, has shades of both Ronaldinho and Kaka about him. I see him playing a little deeper than 9/10 as he develops. Would love him here to fill in for Pogba at the head of a midfield three in the future.

Adamsk7

I have seen quite a lot of him as my Father in Law is Portuguese and a Benfica fan so when I go round there on a Sunday for dinner, we always watch the games (and all the premier league matches) through his Euro satellite subscription.
He looks to be a real talent. Reasonably fast but carries the ball well, good technique and poise for someone so young and at times some great finishing. He does however have quite a few brain farts, even more so than I would expect of someone young such as Rashford, for example. For instance, in the Benfica Sporting game at the weekend, he missed an open goal from 5 yards and could have set up at least two other goals with very simple passes.

Hes the sort of player that if you watch him for a whole game you will think he’s gonna be special but then he does something so basically wrong that you wonder whether he’s actually showing more than he’d normally be capable of (but similar to when Januzaj burst on the scene or Mechada).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
As weird as it sounds even though he is a legend I feel Figo is so underrated. He was incredible and probably had the best fake shot technique in the game he fooled defenders left and right.
How can anyone underrate Figo? Blind people who don't even like football? :yawn:

He retired at 37 y.o by his own decision, because Inter offered him a contract extension which he refused.
He was still a key player at 36 y.o. in Internazionale and was considered one of the main responsibles for Inter winning 4 consecutive scudettos

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This Felix cat looks special from those vids.

crossy1686

career ending
Looks very assured for his age. Another couple of seasons at Benfica will help his development more than a move now, we've seen what happened to Renato Sanches at Bayern. We have a history of nurturing young talent so I definitely wouldn't mind taking a punt on the kid.

SportingCP96

Supports
Looks very assured for his age. Another couple of seasons at Benfica will help his development more than a move now, we've seen what happened to Renato Sanches at Bayern. We have a history of nurturing young talent so I definitely wouldn't mind taking a punt on the kid.
He should leave when he is 21 so he can mature some more as for Renato he was not good to begin with.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
How can anyone underrate Figo? Blind people who don't even like football? :yawn:

He retired at 37 y.o by his own decision, because Inter offered him a contract extension which he refused.
He was still a key player at 36 y.o. in Internazionale and was considered one of the main responsibles for Inter winning 4 consecutive scudettos

I think it's just unfortunate for Figo that he was followed up by CR7 and everyone kinda forgot about the previous Portuguese great. Figo is for sure one of the greats of the game for me.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Not really related to Félix, but on the topic of Figo — is he really underrated? Don't think many would argue that he's quite possibly the best right winger in football after only Mané Garrincha (probably tied with Matthews in a historical context) and the third greatest Portuguese footballer after Cristiano and Eusébio. That's incredible company to be in, in fairness — his niche in the pantheon of the all-time greats is set in stone, and while Cristiano has created a considerable lead in recent years, that doesn't diminish all that Figo achieved over his illustrious career.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Not really related to Félix, but on the topic of Figo — is he really underrated? Don't think many would argue that he's quite possibly the best right winger in football after only Mané Garrincha (probably tied with Matthews in a historical context) and the third greatest Portuguese footballer after Cristiano and Eusébio. That's incredible company to be in, in fairness — his niche in the pantheon of the all-time greats is set in stone, and while Cristiano has created a considerable lead in recent years, that doesn't diminish all that Figo achieved over his illustrious career.
He's definitely not underrated, just tends to be forgotten a bit.

Everyone rates him as the third best portuguese footballer ever, one of the best players of the early 2000s and undisputed best player in the world at one point.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
At least we know that if this football thing doesn't work out he has a job as a professional diver waiting for him. fecking hell, he's a good player but can he do anything without falling?

Benfica really love their hype trains. Zé Golo, Renato Sanches, Gedson Fernandes, Svilar... Felix is actually a good player but it's incredible the hype the media can generate. They're talking of him being sold for over 100 million ffs

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
At least we know that if this football thing doesn't work out he has a job as a professional diver waiting for him. fecking hell, he's a good player but can he do anything without falling?

Benfica really love their hype trains. Zé Golo, Renato Sanches, Gedson Fernandes, Svilar... Felix is actually a good player but it's incredible the hype the media can generate. They're talking of him being sold for over 100 million ffs
:lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Another goal and assist for Felix and the game not even close to being done yet....

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes. I think him, Leão and Dalot probably are our best 99 players. Don't know if any of them will be called up to the under 20 WC.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes. I think him, Leão and Dalot probably are our best 99 players. Don't know if any of them will be called up to the under 20 WC.
Can’t believe Leao left. That kid is dynamite and is lighting up that team with Pepe.