Joao Felix

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he’s really just chosen the worst possible teams for his development.

I reckon Pep would turn him into a real player. Honestly I even can see him having real success under ETH.
Yeah, it's mad the course he's chosen. I think he'd do well under Pep, not sure he'd fit into this United side given what I saw of him at Chelsea with no striker available as a focal point. He'd likely occupy the same space as Rashford and Bruno which is what happened with Sanchez and Pogba stepping on each other's toes. He's not a lone striker for the Prem.

We need someone who is going to be in the box. He might work wonders though playing off of Haaland, but City don't need him.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He's a pretty pointless player considering he has no end product. Looks silky until he gets near the penalty area.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I reckon Pep would turn him into a real player. Honestly I even can see him having real success under ETH.
I can't see it to be honest. People cite Simeone tax but it didn't stop Costa, Griezmann etc under him. Mourinho and Conte's tactics didn't stop Hazard being world class (bar one season in the formers case).

He's enjoyable to watch on the eye but his decision making is beyond erratic (an academy product created more big chances against United alone than he did for his entire time with us) and he's a non entity off the ball.

There's a reason he's being linked with the likes of Villa and Wolves with all respect to them, the idea of him is great but the reality just doesn't stack up.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's a pretty pointless player considering he has no end product. Looks silky until he gets near the penalty area.

That one against Everton at 1:40 where he didn't see a wide open James right next to him (in pretty much an identical position to his goal against Milan) still makes me mad.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's a massive talent - he just needs the right team. Simeone's Atletico and a dysfunctional Chelsea are not where it's at.
Chelsea 22/23 tax isn't an excuse for an academy product in his first year of senior football creating more big chances in one game than he did in four months.

Bwuk

I just don’t see it at all with him tbh. Nowhere near the hype.

Pickle85

I just don’t see it at all with him tbh. Nowhere near the hype.
He's easy on the eye (in terms of playing style!) which I think can seduce people. I think he's a bit of a nothing. Not much end product, doesn't really make a nuisance of himself, and drifts in and out of games way too easily.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Chelsea 22/23 tax isn't an excuse for an academy product in his first year of senior football creating more big chances in one game than he did in four months.
You're a Chelsea fan, so you obviously watched him more closely that I did last year,. I'm not arguing with you - I'm just saying there's a player there. He was brilliant against us in the CL a couple of seasons ago and I have seen him play well for Atletico too.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Lindelof as well :nervous:

To be fair though, there’s been a lot that have proven to be a success - Di Maria, Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Matic, David Luiz, Ederson…
Bernardo left as an academy product , Monaco developed him so he does not count. Cancelo similarly left with a handful of games in the first team to Valencia.

Admittedly benfica have a much higher success rate with foreign players then with Portuguese academy products.

They invested lots of money into the academy and want to be considered the best academy in Portugal so any player from their gets massive media attention.

The same happened with guys like Nelson Oliveira and Ivan Cavaleiro, Hélder Costa etc.

crossy1686

career ending
Actually think he's top class and probably would improve us even if he was to replace Bruno. He just needs consistent games and he'll do great things as a second striker/AM.
When I see quotes like these I’m convinced that we have people on this forum who just don’t watch any games in the PL other than a few United matches.

He was absolutely shite for Chelsea, complete busted flush as soon as he got over the half way line. He had no idea what to do with the ball and everything he did was poor in the final third.

He’s not cut out for the PL, that’s painfully obvious. He’s struggled in Spain to the point that Atleti were willing to loan him out after spending €100m on him. Now he’s just confessed his undying love for Barcelona.

These nothing players exist everywhere, they’re not hard to spot and they never fulfil their ‘potential’. We should be steering well clear of other peoples expensive mistakes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he really just doesn't understand what type of player he is and what he excels at. He's a classic #10/second striker and needs a good old classic striker to play off of, he needs freedom as a 10 and players wide of him, not crowding him. He's an excellent talent but there's not much demand for those sorts of players these days, so he would be best served going to Serie A really. If anything they would be the best suited for him to have space to play, to partner with a 9 like what Lautaro had with Dzeko or Lukaku, or partner with Vlahović at Juve, or Giroud at Milan.

He's absolutely not suited to Barca, or Madrid, or Pep, or Ten Hag, or Klopp, or Arteta. He's also not suited to being overly rigid/aggressive like a Simeone team. Needs counter attacking space but also freedom and a CF to play off of.

crossy1686

career ending
Think he really just doesn't understand what type of player he is and what he excels at. He's a classic #10/second striker and needs a good old classic striker to play off of, he needs freedom as a 10 and players wide of him, not crowding him. He's an excellent talent but there's not much demand for those sorts of players these days, so he would be best served going to Serie A really. If anything they would be the best suited for him to have space to play, to partner with a 9 like what Lautaro had with Dzeko or Lukaku, or partner with Vlahović at Juve, or Giroud at Milan.

He's absolutely not suited to Barca, or Madrid, or Pep, or Ten Hag, or Klopp, or Arteta. He's also not suited to being overly rigid/aggressive like a Simeone team. Needs counter attacking space but also freedom and a CF to play off of.
But he can’t assist or score so what exactly is the use in playing him that high up? He’s probably best suited to being a winger or something because he runs into trouble and never lifts his head up in the final third. All round poor play around the box.

bosnian_red

But he can’t assist or score so what exactly is the use in playing him that high up? He’s probably best suited to being a winger or something because he runs into trouble and never lifts his head up in the final third. All round poor play around the box.
I mean that's not true...
Just looking at his non pen xG + xAg per 90 over the last few seasons:
  • 0.52 for Chelsea
  • 0.6 for atleti in 22/23
  • 0.74 in 21/22
  • 0.46 in 20/21
  • 0.51 in 19/20
He's not even 24, the right system and he absolutely can hit high levels and both score and create to a good level. But it's potential that hasn't been reached yet. It wouldn't be a shock if he went to the Serie A and started lighting it up. Just one of those players who needs more a more specific role to succeed in, and they aren't that common anymore. But it's not one that you see among the elite sides anymore at all. 15 years ago he'd have a better chance when you had more classic #10's. Now either those players turned into Bruno or KdB type advanced midfielders, or wide forwards... He's neither. Same problem with Dybala.

crossy1686

career ending
I mean that's not true...
Just looking at his non pen xG + xAg per 90 over the last few seasons:
  • 0.52 for Chelsea
  • 0.6 for atleti in 22/23
  • 0.74 in 21/22
  • 0.46 in 20/21
  • 0.51 in 19/20
He's not even 24, the right system and he absolutely can hit high levels and both score and create to a good level. But it's potential that hasn't been reached yet. It wouldn't be a shock if he went to the Serie A and started lighting it up. Just one of those players who needs more a more specific role to succeed in, and they aren't that common anymore. But it's not one that you see among the elite sides anymore at all. 15 years ago he'd have a better chance when you had more classic #10's. Now either those players turned into Bruno or KdB type advanced midfielders, or wide forwards... He's neither. Same problem with Dybala.
He’s not though, this is his ceiling. There’s no more potential to be dragged out of him, he just hasn’t got what it takes to be a great player in Spain or the PL. he’s a very good player until he gets in the final 3rd and he’s crowded out, then his head goes and he does something shit.

And you’re right, I wouldn’t be surprised either if he took a step down to an easier league and performed better, most do in that situation.

bosnian_red

He’s not though, this is his ceiling. There’s no more potential to be dragged out of him, he just hasn’t got what it takes to be a great player in Spain or the PL. he’s a very good player until he gets in the final 3rd and he’s crowded out, then his head goes and he does something shit.

And you’re right, I wouldn’t be surprised either if he took a step down to an easier league and performed better, most do in that situation.
La Liga isn't that great of a league anymore let's be real. Not a whole lot different when you eliminate Barca and Madrid, so 90% of his gametime. Yeah he's not suited to the prem but also I think he could do well in the prem - just maybe at a peak a team like Spurs where he can play off of Kane. The best teams have systems that pretty much eliminated his type of player. It's not that he's a shit player, it's that his type is pretty much becoming extinct.

And he's 23. When the hell did people start writing off players at that young of an age and saying that's it, that's his ceiling because he didn't succeed playing under Simeone or a disaster Chelsea for half a season. Really? Even his biggest haters would have to acknowledge that he really does not suit Atletico, and Chelsea last season is as irrelevant to judge anyone off of as United in 21/22. He has to develop, but again... 23 years old. He is young. Has plenty of time on his side. He needs to start making smart career decisions, which doesn't seem likely as he thinks Barca is a good fit which is just dead wrong.

Generally though, it is an absolute fact that for most players to succeed, they have to be in the right systems. It's never going to happen if you play for a team that doesn't suit your qualities.

crossy1686

career ending
La Liga isn't that great of a league anymore let's be real. Not a whole lot different when you eliminate Barca and Madrid, so 90% of his gametime. Yeah he's not suited to the prem but also I think he could do well in the prem - just maybe at a peak a team like Spurs where he can play off of Kane. The best teams have systems that pretty much eliminated his type of player. It's not that he's a shit player, it's that his type is pretty much becoming extinct.

And he's 23. When the hell did people start writing off players at that young of an age and saying that's it, that's his ceiling because he didn't succeed playing under Simeone or a disaster Chelsea for half a season. Really? Even his biggest haters would have to acknowledge that he really does not suit Atletico, and Chelsea last season is as irrelevant to judge anyone off of as United in 21/22. He has to develop, but again... 23 years old. He is young. Has plenty of time on his side. He needs to start making smart career decisions, which doesn't seem likely as he thinks Barca is a good fit which is just dead wrong.

Generally though, it is an absolute fact that for most players to succeed, they have to be in the right systems. It's never going to happen if you play for a team that doesn't suit your qualities.
I hear what you’re saying about the systems, and I agree, this kind of player doesn’t fit in a rigid system anymore, they need to be in a relational system instead, but even with that you can see in his decision making alone he needs more time on the ball in the final third to be effective and you don’t get that at the top level. 23 or 33, this isn’t going to improve for him, he’s not got the instincts. He’s going to have a decent career but he’ll be at PSG once Neymar leaves and probably score 25 a season but he’ll never be the player people want him to be. Potential is a myth, it doesn’t exist. He’s half the player someone like Rui Costa or Kaka was at his age, there’s no shame in that either.

lsd

The Oracle

Well except when he plays against us. Then he is prime Messi

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
A player without a position and now seemingly without a team.

We kind of need a backup RW and maybe a backup CF, depending on what happens with Balogun.

Could he still be a loan option? Did he burn his chance by rejecting us last season (against the advice of his "team") and choosing Chelsea?

Oscar Bonavena

When I see quotes like these I’m convinced that we have people on this forum who just don’t watch any games in the PL other than a few United matches.

He was absolutely shite for Chelsea, complete busted flush as soon as he got over the half way line. He had no idea what to do with the ball and everything he did was poor in the final third.

He’s not cut out for the PL, that’s painfully obvious. He’s struggled in Spain to the point that Atleti were willing to loan him out after spending €100m on him. Now he’s just confessed his undying love for Barcelona.

These nothing players exist everywhere, they’re not hard to spot and they never fulfil their ‘potential’. We should be steering well clear of other peoples expensive mistakes.
I think you've just described our problem with Sancho!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Both would get rid of him after a year.

tidraKS

Why? How does he even fit?

Rashford - Hojlund - Antony
Mount - Bruno
Casemiro​

That's how we'd line up.
First of all Felix can play in 4 positions, which would cover us.

I think him and Rashford would make a great duo if he would play in the 9 (false 9) position, because he can unleash Rashford with his technical capabilities. Same goes to Antony. Neither Rashford nor Antony have proven to be great at assists, but they're both dangerous when running towards the goal. That's why I think he would be a great addition to our team.

Hojlund is a great option too in my opinion, but he's still young and could take some time to settle, so I'd love to have them both.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Another player who is an overrated and overpriced English player..

Oh yeah. You forgot these exist.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Made a mistake in joining Atletico, the worst "top" footballing side. They take pride in playing shite football.

Chelsea was a disaster last season. We can now really see how good he is at a settled club.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Made a mistake in joining Atletico, the worst "top" footballing side. They take pride in playing shite football.

Chelsea was a disaster last season. We can now really see how good he is at a settled club.
Atlético is playing pretty good without him. Perhaps the problem is Felix himself. Lacks the maturity and quality. A clear overpay for a player that had one year in our league.

I wonder what will be the excuse when he fails in Barcelona.

I just don't think he's good enough for a top club. Too inconsistent, no end product and no maturity. I predict he will be in the Saudi League next season.

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Second striker behind Lewandowski for a team that plays offensive football is the perfect scenario for him. If he fails now then I’ll eat some crow and jump off the hype train.

I think he is an unbelievable talent and will be great for Barcelona if he stays away from injuries

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
He has talent but no work ethic and seems to lack humility.
So far seems quite overrated, he had a great half season at Benfica and that’s about it.

Barcelona might favor his game a bit better but he is inconsistent. This is is it for him, a bad season and it is over for him at big clubs.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He has talent but no work ethic and seems to lack humility.
So far seems quite overrated, he had a great half season at Benfica and that’s about it.

Barcelona might favor his game a bit better but he is inconsistent. This is is it for him, a bad season and it is over for him at big clubs.
He always have some kind of excuse. I don't really understand the overrating of Felix. Like you said he had half a season in the Portuguese league of decent football.

Look at Atletico trashing teams 7-0 away, the problem wasn't just Simeone.

That Atletico deal was madness but since Mendes is involved I doubt about the veracity of the amount.

It's really his last chance and Xavi won't put up with bs behavior from him. No excuses.

Plastic Evra

That Atleti deal was bad for everyone involved except maybe his agent. I quite like the negative boys so I hope they didn't get ripped too hard by Barca (then again they got a great deal on Griezmann twice !)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So finally he’s at a club where we can see his talent in full. I reckon he still underwhelms