Joe Hart | Performances

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I’m not convinced that’s right. You’re saying if he needed a new keeper and there was a straight choice between DDG and a slightly lesser keeper but one who was better with the ball at his feet that he’d choose the latter ?
Unless DDG would be willing and able to adapt his style of keeping, I think that's quite possible. On current form, I guess Ederson would be likely to start ahead of DDG under Pep, if he had the choice between the two of them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If it wasn’t Pep who ditched him, someone else would have sooner rather than later. He’d been a weaker member of the City team for a while. Pep had the gravitas to cut through the politics of cutting him adrift. Seems like he was another player who got too comfortable once he achieved a level of success. Hee should be at his peak now, but could well face having to take a mega paycut and dropping down to the Championship for his next contract. He’s going to struggle to find many suitors, but one sucker who will be lured by the thought of having England’s Number One is enough.

Fish in kettles

Supports
Man City
Think Pep slinging him has in part contributed to this downfall to be fair and Pep made a wrong decision in replacing him with a poorer GK. Their GK now is a different kettle of fish though and a serious upgrade with his ball playing. Stopping shots or catching the ball I’m still to be convinced.
Edersons shot stopping has been top notch, by and large. No one seems to have tested him too much on the aerial bombardment, yet! He does make the odd rush and mess up, think pre season friendly against United, but it isn't apart of his game I think Pep would want to lose.
Bravo isn't as bad as made out, he had a shocking season, but has had a fairly solid career. Think he came a season or two too late.
On a slight tangent, why do people put fish in kettles?

JohnnyKills

Southgate isn’t going to pick him.
He will mate. We're not so blessed with keepers that we can leave out Hart.

Would guess Buttland, Forster and Hart will all go. Not sure of the order though.

haram

Would guess Buttland, Forster and Hart will all go. Not sure of the order though.
Actually yeah I agree with that. He won’t be first choice though.

Who Loves ya Bebe

Sorry but i would take Pickford, Nick Pope, Butland, Forster, Heaton (is due back any day now),Ben Foster's had a decent season in a shite WBA team....i would take all of these over Joe Hart.

Revaulx

If it wasn’t Pep who ditched him, someone else would have sooner rather than later. He’d been a weaker member of the City team for a while. Pep had the gravitas to cut through the politics of cutting him adrift. Seems like he was another player who got too comfortable once he achieved a level of success. Hee should be at his peak now, but could well face having to take a mega paycut and dropping down to the Championship for his next contract. He’s going to struggle to find many suitors, but one sucker who will be lured by the thought of having England’s Number One is enough.
Yeah the decline started pre-Pep, though it’s accelerated over the past year or so.

Looks like the England’s Brave Lion Hart bollocks simply went to his head. And shoulders ;)

haram

He should just piss off abroad. Playing in the championship would be embarrassing.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He should just piss off abroad. Playing in the championship would be embarrassing.
But where? In Italy, he’s thought of as a joke after his Torino season. No top club are going to want to pay his wages and the second tier clubs in Europe have have far less to spend on wages. MLS, maybe?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Edersons shot stopping has been top notch, by and large. No one seems to have tested him too much on the aerial bombardment, yet! He does make the odd rush and mess up, think pre season friendly against United, but it isn't apart of his game I think Pep would want to lose.
Bravo isn't as bad as made out, he had a shocking season, but has had a fairly solid career. Think he came a season or two too late.

Ainu

Unless DDG would be willing and able to adapt his style of keeping, I think that's quite possible. On current form, I guess Ederson would be likely to start ahead of DDG under Pep, if he had the choice between the two of them.
That scenario wouldn't surprise me either. I don't think he'd have pushed De Gea out of the door as quickly as he did with Joe Hart though.

Craig Ward

Another start, another high profile mistake.

He has been poor for years, amazed he is Englands no1. Criminally overrated

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If we're going in form then Pope surely has to be right up there no? 11 clean sheets now for Burnley in the PL and he's high up in the shots saved stat.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If we're going in form then Pope surely has to be right up there no? 11 clean sheets now for Burnley in the PL and he's high up in the shots saved stat.
I like Pope but this stat means nothing. Burnley's entire defensive game plan is based around forcing the opponents to shoot from less than ideal positions and angles. Put any half decent goalie in their goal and he would also be high up on that stat.

I think Pickford and Butland are nailed on and the final spot should be between one of Heaton or Pope. The thing working against the Burnley boys is that they play in a system completely alien compared to the one England try to play. Their distribution isn't top notch and I can't see it going down too well with the NT coach who already has dropped one of his CBs (Smalling) because 'he can't play with his feet' or something.

Angus Gunn on loan from City in the Championship is another one that is being considered but can't say I've paid much attention to him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I like Pope but this stat means nothing. Burnley's entire defensive game plan is based around forcing the opponents to shoot from less than ideal positions and angles. Put any half decent goalie in their goal and he would also be high up on that stat.

I think Pickford and Butland are nailed on and the final spot should be between one of Heaton or Pope. The thing working against the Burnley boys is that they play in a system completely alien compared to the one England try to play. Their distribution isn't top notch and I can't see it going down too well with the NT coach who already has dropped one of his CBs (Smalling) because 'he can't play with his feet' or something.

Angus Gunn on loan from City in the Championship is another one that is being considered but can't say I've paid much attention to him.
Oh I have zero confidence in Southgates ability to pick the right players so i'm sure you're right. I'm just saying based on form Nick Pope imo is one of the best English keepers, he should certainly be tried in these friendlies but i'll be surprised if Southgate does.

Revaulx

Oh I have zero confidence in Southgates ability to pick the right players so i'm sure you're right. I'm just saying based on form Nick Pope imo is one of the best English keepers, he should certainly be tried in these friendlies but i'll be surprised if Southgate does.
I'm sure that in his heart of hearts Southgate is perfectly aware of who he should be picking, and who not.

I'm pretty certain he'll pick whoever the press/his bosses tell him to though, just like his predecessors. The notoriously self-confident Sam Allardyce admitted he was powerless to stop Wayne Rooney doing whatever he pleased in an England shirt.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm sure that in his heart of hearts Southgate is perfectly aware of who he should be picking, and who not.

I'm pretty certain he'll pick whoever the press/his bosses tell him to though, just like his predecessors. The notoriously self-confident Sam Allardyce admitted he was powerless to stop Wayne Rooney doing whatever he pleased in an England shirt.
Maybe that's the case, it shouldn't ever be like that and precisely part of the problem. I didn't realise Sam admitted that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Just wondering if Hart's return has coincided with West Ham going back to getting thumped week in week out. he is third-rate

Oggmonster

he was there on Saturday and gifted them a goal
I know he was. I thought you were asking why they have started getting battered again recently (4-1 vs. Swansea, 3-1 vs Brighton, 4-1 vs. Liverpool) in which case it's unfair to blame Hart cos he didn't play in any of them games.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not sure FIK but I know people who have shit in kettles before but putting fish in one just sounds weird....

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know he was. I thought you were asking why they have started getting battered again recently (4-1 vs. Swansea, 3-1 vs Brighton, 4-1 vs. Liverpool) in which case it's unfair to blame Hart cos he didn't play in any of them games.
Oh I'd blame Hart just for showing his face! :lol::lol::nervous:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Maybe that's the case, it shouldn't ever be like that and precisely part of the problem. I didn't realise Sam admitted that.
I doubt he did considering Rooney wasn't even in the squad for the game Allardyce was in charge :rolleyes:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Honestly what happened. He was a bit overrated but a pretty good keeper before. How did he decline so fast. Is there an injury I am missing?

degea_s_fringe

That is one of his worst tonight. I've never seen that 'technique' he was trying to do with that shot tonight.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not in the World Cup squad apparently. Well done to Southgate for seeing some common sense.

Coxy

Not in the World Cup squad apparently. Well done to Southgate for seeing some common sense.
Thank god - and I hope the reports are right. I honestly thought Southgate would play him as first choice because of you know "experience".