Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

Already played once and likely to start tomorrow so deserves his own thread

NinjaFletch

Thought he looked really good tonight.

Future looks bright at left back.

Devil may care

Classy and composed on the ball, not sure LB will be his long term position but he did well there tonight.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Very good feet owing to the fact that he's not always been a defender. Composed, quick and committed.

Thought our fullbacks were both exceptional tonight.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If he played like that at a team like Southampton or Everton, he'd have added an extra £10m to his price tag given his age and nationality. As he's at United, it's a packet of crisps and an Indonesian shoe lace sponsorship.

FromTheBench

He is really good in tight spaces. Was Player of the tourney at the mercedez benz 5 a side thing last year IIRC.

Really quick and excellent stamina too. Defending/positioning and crossing needs work especially at LB but i really like him.

Been very good for the U21s this season as well and can play number of positions.

drdoityourself

Technically very good. Should look to cross more with his left before he's closed down, but he really impressed me.

Bwuk

He is really good in tight spaces. Was Player of the tourney at the mercedez benz 5 a side thing last year IIRC.

Really quick and excellent stamina too. Defending/positioning and crossing needs work especially at LB but i really like him.

Been very good for the U21s this season as well and can play number of positions.
Agreed. Very neat and tidy with the ball. Unsure of his actual position though.

BarstoolProphet

It's a strange feeling seeing us having 4-5 solid options behind arguably the most talented left back out there. I really like this kid. His technical and aggression level is way better than I expect from a United youth player these days.

Nickosaur

Who said we were lacking depth at FB? CBJ, Varela and now Riley showing we have some excellent young options if we choose / need to utilise them.

tom33

I wasn't that impressed against Shrewsbury, but I thought he looked very good today. Not really keen on having a right footer at left back, particularly if we have one at right wing as well, so I don't think he's a long-term option there, but maybe at right-back?

FromTheBench

I think he'd be like Fergie and prefer to play people out of position before being forced to dip into the reserves
Yeah, but we don't have anyone else to play out of position even right now.

Actually thinking about it even Riley was filling in out of place for the U21s due to lack of LB's and today we could have played Mcnair instead of playing Carrick out of position.

Sid234

Yeah, but we don't have anyone else to play out of position even right now.

Actually thinking about it even Riley was filling in out of place for the U21s due to lack of LB's and today we could have played Mcnair instead of playing Carrick out of position.
I think McNair is really unfit.. Hasn't played in ages, Van Gaal is very particular about match fitness i think

Charlie Foley

The only downside to his performance was that he had such a short walk to the touchline when he got taken off, the standing ovation wasn't that long :lol:

If I saw my number coming up after a performance like that, I'd sprint as far across the pitch as possible and savour the walk back :lol:

MDFC Manager

Nice and composed performance. But at left back, he's really not going to figure much for the first team. Shaw, Rojo and CBJ are ahead of him

khoazany

Knew he's a FB/WB more than winger.Has always been underrated before this season due to him being played higher up the pitch.

m1y2

he reminds me of Shaw a bit how enthusiastic he looks when speaking and with his haircut and going forward, needs to bulk up and work on his defending - mainly positioning and he will be a great utility player, he's defo much better talent than Donald Love, that I can say for starters

diarm

I've been really impressed with our young fullbacks this season. Shaw early on, and then Varela, Bo-Jack and Riley last night have all been excellent. One of the few real highlights of this year.

Golden Nugget

Was excellent today - I love his enthusiasm and you can tell he really wants to impress by giving 200% on the pitch. I can't tell how talented he is, but he certainly looks like a hard working boy.

One thing I did notice was his reluctance put in crosses with his left foot - which makes more sense now since he was previously a rm/rb. Thought he was excellent and hope he can keep improving!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Absolutely brilliant and so much confidence in his play. His runs are so great for starting attacks and relieving pressure too. Get working on that left foot and play some RB and he's got a great future. A loan next year to get more experience defensively would be good for him.

Knew he's a FB/WB more than winger.Has always been underrated before this season due to him being played higher up the pitch.
I don't get to watch the u18s but even as a winger he always impressed me in match highlights or he'd always be involved in Gribbin's videos but then so did Jordan Thompson who we got rid of.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was the find of last night for me - more so than Rashford. Really promising performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.