Joe Rodon

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
There is nothing to this, I'm pretty sure. Average Championship player who may or may not start for Wales who are struggling at the position as it is.

Bit of a clown too, him and his brother were dressed like hooligans with McBurnie in the away end at Cardiff when McBurnie got in trouble.

prateik

That article reads like its been written by his agent..

Has played 4 games for Wales.. But if the euros had gone ahead, he would have been a star and Swansea could have made a fortune.. but lucky us, he is available for just 20m.

Craig Ward

He looks half decent for Wales, but a lot of the Welsh Internationals raise they're game so much compared to club form.

He's nowhere near the level we need to be looking at - he's not a patch on Mepham for example.

This isn't a credible link whatsoever, how can we go from De Ligt to Rodon? The press really are baffling

JJ12

He looks half decent for Wales, but a lot of the Welsh Internationals raise they're game so much compared to club form.

He's nowhere near the level we need to be looking at - he's not a patch on Mepham for example.

This isn't a credible link whatsoever, how can we go from De Ligt to Rodon? The press really are baffling
Its Wales online - just pumping up his tyres, they know full well his landing spot is a top championship club or lower end Prem club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Is he good enough for me to get a rod on?

WelshManc

There is nothing to this, I'm pretty sure. Average Championship player who may or may not start for Wales who are struggling at the position as it is.

Bit of a clown too, him and his brother were dressed like hooligans with McBurnie in the away end at Cardiff when McBurnie got in trouble.
Ironic that you're calling him a clown and calling him average when you've probably never seen him play. Just because he plays in the championship doesn't mean he could step up.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It's a fluff article but he's great, had been injured but had been in great form in the couple months before the season break. I liked James but I definitely think Rodon is a safer bet, the break came at a frustrating time for him (and pretty much everyone) but he definitely won't be at Swansea for long. United would be too much of a step up but he'll be at a premiership club soon, and I think he will end up at a top 6 club. I have a good track record on here with my player predictions so feel free to quote me in a few years to tell me how great I am.

So because you don't like his fashion style you think he's a clown and dresses like a hooligan? I don't really care about fashion and I find it's better to judge people on who they are and not what they wear, give it a try mate.

JJ12

It's a fluff article but he's great, had been injured but had been in great form in the couple months before the season break. I liked James but I definitely think Rodon is a safer bet, the break came at a frustrating time for him (and pretty much everyone) but he definitely won't be at Swansea for long. United would be too much of a step up but he'll be at a premiership club soon, and I think he will end up at a top 6 club. I have a good track record on here with my player predictions so feel free to quote me in a few years to tell me how great I am.

So because you don't like his fashion style you think he's a clown and dresses like a hooligan? I don't really care about fashion and I find it's better to judge people on who they are and not what they wear, give it a try mate.
He acted like a clown that day and he dresses like a hooligan. Don’t cry.

JJ12

Ironic that you're calling him a clown and calling him average when you've probably never seen him play. Just because he plays in the championship doesn't mean he could step up.
How could you possibly know how many times I’ve seen him play? I’ve seen him play enough in person alone to know he’s not good enough for us. More than happy to revisit it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He acted like a clown that day and he dresses like a hooligan. Don’t cry.
Right, what did he do? And there's no need for me to cry, I don't care what you think about some footballer, I just think people who judge others on appearance tend to be clowns ;)

Was quite impressed with him the one time I saw him for Wales, just presumed on how he performed he was a lot older.

Is it Rod On, or Row Don?
The latter.

Last edited:

JJ12

Right, what did he do?
Wanker signs and fingers up to Cardiff fans (although McBurnie took the wrath) which is all well and good for a teenage fan but not a professional football player. I also know some of his friends who are delinquents.

Being from Swansea you know full well he’s not good enough in any case - which is the point.

WelshManc

How could you possibly know how many times I’ve seen him play? I’ve seen him play enough in person alone to know he’s not good enough for us. More than happy to revisit it.
I don't, that's why I said probably, like with most fans, when we've been linked with someone they get written off as soon as they've been linked and they've never seen said person play just because it's not a big name or premier league proven.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Wanker signs and fingers up to Cardiff fans which is all well and good for a teenage fan but not a professional football player. I also know some of his friends who are delinquents.

Being from Swansea you know full well he’s not good enough in any case - which is the point.
You're mistaken. Link me to where he did that. I think players joining fans in the stadium and actually acting like fans is great. I think there should be a lot more of that and it's great when players bond with a club. Fair enough if you think McBurnie took it to far (I don't, at all, but matter of opinions), but I'd still like to see some proof of your claim about Rodon.

I've already said what I think of him. Come back in 5 years and we can see how he has progressed. I put my money on Robertson becoming one of the best fullbacks in the prem when he was at Hull, and I'm fairly confident that Rodon will become one of the better CB's in the prem. But that doesn't matter, there's nothing wrong with you thinking he's shite, there's Swansea fans who think the same.

JJ12

You're mistaken. Link me to where he did that. I think players joining fans in the stadium and actually acting like fans is great. I think there should be a lot more of that and it's great when players bond with a club. Fair enough if you think McBurnie took it to far (I don't, at all, but matter of opinions), but I'd still like to see some proof of your claim about Rodon.

I've already said what I think of him. Come back in 5 years and we can see how he has progressed. I put my money on Robertson becoming one of the best fullbacks in the prem when he was at Hull, and I'm fairly confident that Rodon will become one of the better CB's in the prem. But that doesn't matter, there's nothing wrong with you thinking he's shite, there's Swansea fans who think the same.
I LOVE players who go into the stands - that's not my point at all. There's a way to behave and both McBurnie and Rodon crossed the line - it was all over the place at the time, Rodon's brothers social media was the origin.

I never said he was shit. He's an average Championship CB at this point in his career albeit injuries stunted his growth last season, nonetheless not good enough for a team trying to fight back to the top of the Premier League.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I LOVE players who go into the stands - that's not my point at all. There's a way to behave and both McBurnie and Rodon crossed the line - it was all over the place at the time, Rodon's brothers social media was the origin.

I never said he was shit. He's an average Championship CB at this point in his career albeit injuries stunted his growth last season, nonetheless not good enough for a team trying to fight back to the top of the Premier League.
I disagree about the going too far part, a wanker gesture is the least Cardiff fans deserve. But I can understand thinking that professional footballers shouldn’t be engaging in that kind of behaviour. With Rodon though Bhe didn’t partake in anything untowards, most likely being a Wales player he knew that it wouldn’t go down well for him.

regarding the second part, the shit thing meant that I understand that there’ll be a wide spectrum of opinions on a players ability, especially in a case like this where I imagine even most Swansea fans would think he couldn’t take that step.and I actually completely agree with you, there’s a big difference between playing for Swansea and turning out for United. I think it’d be a bad move, it’s far too much at this point. I thought the same thing of James, who I really like and has done better than I thought he would, but I think it was too much a step up too soon into his career. I will make the prediction that he’ll beplaying for a top half prem club in a couple seasons though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's hard to judge a player potential if there's no 5 minute- youtube clip of him.

SecondFig

Its Wales online - just pumping up his tyres, they know full well his landing spot is a top championship club or lower end Prem club.
Even the article itself says that him going to Utd or City would too big of a step-up, and cite Palace, Burnely or Newcastle as a more likely / better move.

Scholsey2004

I'd noticed over the last couple of years that he'd been standing out in the passing stats on whoscored at championship level. Low risk signing with real potential like the Dan James signing. I'd definitely go for it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Love listening to his podcasts.

kode

How tough is he? how powerful?I miss the Stam, Vidic, matterazzi, Kuffour, type of defenders.

jesperjaap

We already have a very talented young centre back in Tuanzabe. I do think we need to offload a few centre backs and I do feel we need to purchase one as well.....but I think we should be looking at potential world class young players such as the pair at Leipzig.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

There might be something in this one after all.

In a recent interview Simon Peach suggesting we could be in for him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Stables aren't cheap these days.
well if he can become stable it's a no brainer
It’s a Norwegian translation error should say squad player/option.

The gist of it is that he reckons the club view him young enough and talented enough to be a good option going forward a bit like the Dan James transfer. Won’t cost heaven and earth but will do a good job and learn well.