john o"shea

TheMancRedDevil

He's saying Scholes did the same thing but people just jump on OShea. Scholes had a bit of a mare at times but it doesn't get mentioned. OShea was largely solid but then started to have a bit of a passing spac attack and because that happened last people just remember that and come on here to slag him off.

Who's shockingly bad pass led to their goal? Scholes.

Who gets the crap on the caf? Sheasy.
Well, to be fair, Scholes normally has a pass-completion rate of something in the high 80%. It is just his luck today that he made a complete howler of a pass (I'm still not sure what he was doing tbh) and it ended up leading to Tuncay's goal.

O'Shea on the other hand, has, as I have pointed out a bad pass completion rate anyway and today he just seemed to be gagging for the opposition to go on and score against us, he just kept passing the ball to them!

There's a reason why we let Scholes off a bit lightly for the odd bad pass.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Well, to be fair, Scholes normally has a pass-completion rate of something in the high 80%. It is just his luck today that he made a complete howler of a pass (I'm still not sure what he was doing tbh) and it ended up leading to Tuncay's goal.

O'Shea on the other hand, has, as I have pointed out a bad pass completion rate anyway and today he just seemed to be gagging for the opposition to go on and score against us, he just kept passing the ball to them!

There's a reason why we let Scholes off a bit lightly for the odd bad pass.
Exactly, Scholes is a magician with the ball, amazing vision, he's won us hundreds of games down the years through his passing alone so the odd sloppy pass from him whilst frustrating is acceptable to an extent or maybe understandable a better word given he's always looking for that killer ball and hence the law of averages suggests he'll feck the odd one up occasionally.

Theres no excuse for O'Shea, its not as if he's even trying to do anything special with the pass, we're literally talking about basic 5 yard passes to a team mates foot under zero pressure, how difficult can that be? and as said he did it time after time before thankfully being hauled off to prevent further embarrassment.

MrK

Exactly, Scholes is a magician with the ball, amazing vision, he's won us hundreds of games down the years through his passing alone so the odd sloppy pass from him whilst frustrating is acceptable to an extent or maybe understandable a better word given he's always looking for that killer ball and hence the law of averages suggests he'll feck the odd one up occasionally.

Theres no excuse for O'Shea, its not as if he's even trying to do anything special with the pass, we're literally talking about basic 5 yard passes to a team mates foot under zero pressure, how difficult can that be? and as said he did it time after time before thankfully being hauled off to prevent further embarrassment.
Scholes was hardly "looking for that killer ball" today, he was passing it backwards when he fecked up! I strongly suspect you're playing favourites here.

Devilton

O'shea has always been a limited player who tends to actually do better in the bigger games. He wasn't terrible today, but he did live up to his potential which is just slightly above average.

Scholes is being discussed, and while he was unusually sloppy it was his defensive liability which to me is a bigger concern. Yes, that backpass was dreadful, but it's one poor moment and you expect a player of his quality not to repeat that over the course of a season. But the worry is how quickly he tends to fade as a defensive factor in these types of games. Notice how Fletcher became average in the second half? Well, the reason is he has to cover the ground Scholes just can't because his legs have gone by the time the 65 minute rolls on. Add to that Scholes 1 yellow and you basically have a midfield with just 1 player covering the middle.

Slating O'shea is easy...he's never been a stand out player. But Scholes today put us in some real bother and the warning signs if we play a 442 with him in the middle are all there. Especially given how painfully average Carrick has become.

Doogie

I'm glad he's signed a new contract but I doubt he would get anything close to 80k a week anywhere else.

Chiellini just signed a contract yesterday thought to be worth €3.5m a year. That's only about 55-60k pounds a week.
Mind you that Chiellini's contract includes clauses regarding the clothes he wears, his Twitter updates, and nightclub appearances.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Great servant but his performances don't warrant that wage, sorry but if he's worth 80k per week then Evra is worth 160.
We've always incrementally increased wages for time spent at the club (almost regardless of performances), it makes a big difference that we're seen as a club who look after their players and value loyalty and rewarding our players for length of time spent at the club's the best way to prove that. I'd imagine it's one of the reasons we're so good at keeping our players, and we do so well to attract the right type of players.

O'Shea has been here for 12 years. We're telling everyone at the club (and anyone potentially coming to the club) how much we value loyalty through things like this.

It's never as simple as good performances = good wages.

Cina

We've always incrementally increased wages for time spent at the club (almost regardless of performances), it makes a big difference that we're seen as a club who look after their players and value loyalty and rewarding our players for length of time spent at the club's the best way to prove that. I'd imagine it's one of the reasons we're so good at keeping our players, and we do so well to attract the right type of players.

O'Shea has been here for 12 years. We're telling everyone at the club (and anyone potentially coming to the club) how much we value loyalty through things like this.

It's never as simple as good performances = good wages.
That's a very good point actually Brwned, never really consider it. I was about to come into this thread going "80k, what the feck?", but it makes more sense now!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well said, Brwned. There would be uproar on here if the likes of Cleverley, Welbeck, Rafael or Nani looked for a move to a different club. Seeing how well United treats loyal servants like John O'Shea can only be a good thing when it comes to our younger players making decisions about their career.

Devil may care

It's a loyalty bonus, nothing wrong with that and makes sense in the bigger pciture as Brwned said, now lets get Evra's contract signed.