John O'Shea - The Nutmeg

Loony BoB

O'Shea will always be one of my favourite all-time players for the club. Played in every single position for the club and I seem to recall he once finished a season with a 100% shots to goals ratio (2 goals, if I recall correctly). :D

wangyu

Didn’t be also score a last minute winner at Anfield?

Dark Side of the Moon

Supports
Celtic
His chip at Highbury is still one of the best goals I’ve ever seen.

The first time pass from Scholes and the audacity from O’Shea to chip it. Absolute class.

Reactions: Rood

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Absolutely magnificent. :lol:

He should try acting too.

Nickelodeon

His chip at Highbury is still one of the best goals I’ve ever seen.

The first time pass from Scholes and the audacity from O’Shea to chip it. Absolute class.
A celebration to match too. That stunned expression encapsulated what everyone was feeling.

Siorac

Brilliant, had a good laugh - but as a poor non-native, subtitles (and not the auto-generated ones because those suck) would have been appreciated. Had to rewind a few times to figure out what Given was mumbling.

LARulz

That was brilliant

They should have paid big bucks to Figo to get him to say that was the lowest moment of his career

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
There's also this:

And this:
Yeah, yeah, very proud if it! I asked Edwin, did he have a clean sheet bonus - because I want half of it.”

Goes to show that 12 hours training session do help :yawn: Yeah, what a player, but what a man! A Red Man! Deserves his place in the history books.

Paddymcc

Brilliant and fair play for not taking himself too seriously

CaseHero

O'Shea was one of those half decent players Fergie loved having in the squad who gave their all and exceeded their worth, he was so good at doing that.

On paper if you saw his name on the sheet you'd fancy yourself giving him the runaround but he would end up mugging off great players routinely for shits and giggles - that was his gimmick. Calm, composed, cheeky and both footed if I recall?

And like everyone else, the chip was one of my favourite goals, it was like for a moment he inhabited the spirit of our great French messiah!

Oscar Bonavena

When he first "burst onto the scene" (to coin a phrase) he looked like he was going to be superstar. Never quite reached that potential but still had a solid career and was a great servant to United, Ireland and later Sunderland.

One of those dependable 7/10 players Fergie liked having in the squad, like Phil Neville, Darren Fletcher and Park Ji Sung, who could play several positions and "do a job" for the team.

Fantastic ad by the way, very funny!