John Terry - Born to lead

MacMUFC

It was his ex girlfriend. It was not his wife.
For crying out loud, where I'm from, you don't go shagging your mate's ex, let alone the fact it was the mother of his child just a couple of months after they'd split up. The fact it was his team mate and good friend of the field, well... If I was a Chelsea player Id have trust issues that's for sure. How would you feel if your mate did the same thing to you? And this is just one of a long list of indiscretions by 'big JT'.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You might as well have just said girl if you wanted to be accurate but not pain the whole picture. I've seen a lot of people use the term ex girlfriend in his defense. That doesn't half explain it.
It's not "in his defense", he slept with his ex-girlfriend not his wife. Can't you see the difference?

I don't know why people need to make stuff up, it's tawdry enough.

As for not painting the whole picture, I don't know the whole picture and neither do you. This is just another stick for you to beat Terry with (as if there were not actually true things you could use).

duffer

Scout
For crying out loud, where I'm from, you don't go shagging your mate's ex, let alone the fact it was the mother of his child just a couple of months after they'd split up. The fact it was his team mate and good friend of the field, well... If I was a Chelsea player Id have trust issues that's for sure. How would you feel if your mate did the same thing to you? And this is just one of a long list of indiscretions by 'big JT'.
I'd be pissed right off and I would not do the same thing myself, it was a scummy thing do do for sure.

I just don't know why people have to make stuff up in order to paint this in an even worse light.

MacMUFC

I'd be pissed right off and I would not do the same thing myself, it was a scummy thing do do for sure.

I just don't know why people have to make stuff up in order to paint this in an even worse light.
It's just as bad, basically. Let's not also forget Terry is married himself with children...

VoetbalWizard

he did bridge a favour by shagging his ex. showed him that she wasn't worth being emotionally invested in her. I'm not a fan of terry's by a long shot but lets not forget that bridge's bird was up for it. I'd blame her more than terry.

duffer

Scout
It's just as bad, basically. Let's not also forget Terry is married himself with children...
If you think sleeping with someones ex girlfirend is just as bad as with their wife then ok. I don't and I suspect you don't either.

And as i've said, cheating on your own wife is a very scummy thing to do, whether you have kids or not.

Anyway, this has been done to death on here, i'm not going to convice you Terry is a saint and you won't convince me he is Hitler reborn.

duffer

Scout
he did bridge a favour by shagging his ex. showed him that she wasn't worth being emotionally invested in her. I'm not a fan of terry's by a long shot but lets not forget that bridge's bird was up for it. I'd blame her more than terry.
Also, Bridge is now biffing the fit one from the Saturdays. He should get down on his knees and thank god for John Terry.

Mick1991

Back on Topic....He isn't as good a captain as Roy Keane. I think that can be agreed.

w'or bobby

Methinks he doth protest too much.

When he parked in the handicapped parking space so he could have a 2-hour lunch a couple of years ago, he was merely recognizing something most of us have long known - he is a morally handicapped arrogant twat.

Carvalho made him look better than he is on the field.
Now that he's gone, the flaws to his game are showing up.
Doesn't mean he's rubbish, just not as good as he thinks.

Off it, nothing will likely ever make him look other than thuggish.
With the family he's got, it's no wonder.
Horrible man.

MacMUFC

If you think sleeping with someones ex girlfirend is just as bad as with their wife then ok. I don't and I suspect you don't either.

And as i've said, cheating on your own wife is a very scummy thing to do, whether you have kids or not.

Anyway, this has been done to death on here, i'm not going to convice you Terry is a saint and you won't convince me he is Hitler reborn.
When you look at it in the context, its almost as bad. A couple of months after they've split up is hardly a lot of time to get over one you love is it? It rubs salt into the wound if anything.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'm expecting Rio to retire from International football within the next few days, there's no way he can play for a manager that's treated him with such little courtesy.

I do hope Rio retires. But England is England. I hate Capello and Terry...the FA should be shot for keeping this manager....but lets hope the team does well in Euro 2012.

Mick1991

Now banging on that Dawson should be a first choice centre back for England...... I wonder why that is..
Sums Terry up to a tee, he cares about no-one but himself. To even put him near the likes of Keane and Cantona (captain wise) is an insult.

kietotheworld

...Like being the first England captain to fail to qualify for a major international tournament since David Platt 15 years ago...And during his only sint in the position.

Superb.

Though I think it's fair to say the Sun & I often disagree on the definition of words......News, art, music, taste, decency, everything really...Apart from tits.
Terry wasn't captain when England failed to quality, Gerrard was. Terry missed the last two games, prior to that England were in very good shape to qualify.