John Terry - Born to lead

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

John Terry - Born to feck up the biggest footballing moment of his life.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The thing about leadership is that people have to respect you for both your abilities and you as a person. I think he isnt the defender he once was 3-4 years ago. And as a person, even John the Baptist would have a hard time baptising the man.

MacMUFC

The headline sounds like a horrible, cringeworthy, low-budget Hollywood movie.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Over rated and tbh I am from the old fashioned train of thought that an England captain is a player you should admire and it is all but impossible to admire anything about that dispicable, immoral, unloyal piece of shit.

Just my opinion.

Crustanoid

He's the most egotistic thick skinned feckwit who has ever played at the top level in England

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's always been a good defender to be fair. Not top top draw, but still a good defender, and he's had success captaining Chelsea. Scholesy's not far off here.
I'd have thought a defender would know not to handle in the box? However, as Terry always gets away with it I guess that little flaw don't matter so much. Terrys 'brave' but a leader? He did an awful lot of talking at the world cup. Maybe he should do it more for England because it starts from the back and he's captain of a poor England Team.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
After growing up watching Cantona, Keane, Viera and Adams...........Terry isn't even close and that's only a few off the top of my head, there have been others.
In what way is he not close to them? Both Keane and Cantona have done horrible things on the pitch that wouldn't exactly suggest they're model professionals, let alone inspirational leaders.

SATA

He's a very good defender and has great leadership qualities, don't let the hatred blind you. All of us will be hailing him as our hero if he's a United player, trust me

Sort of like Roy Keane or Rooney before his contract bollocks which everybody not connected with United love to hate

RK

I was born to a mathematician. I had great examples to learn from like my maths tutors and maths textbooks, but you can't teach it to anybody.

Mick1991

He's a very good defender and has great leadership qualities, don't let the hatred blind you. All of us will be hailing him as our hero if he's a United player, trust me

Sort of like Roy Keane or Rooney before his contract bollocks which everybody not connected with United love to hate
It's not even close, he is nowhere near Roy Keane. No opposition supporters liked Roy but they did respect him.

If you were to put it to all of our rivals, City, Liverpool etc of who would they would prefer as a captain- Roy Keane or John Terry? It wouldn't even be close.

redevil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholesy
He is a great captain and great footballer.

Sad but true
People like you contradict yourselves immensely!

If you do think he's a great captain notwithstanding his off pitch immoral behaviour, then why is it sad? You should have felt proud having a great captain, and not sad!

Is it a schizophrenia mentality or what?

redevil2

In what way is he not close to them? Both Keane and Cantona have done horrible things on the pitch that wouldn't exactly suggest they're model professionals, let alone inspirational leaders.
You seem to be very confused here! This thread relates to question whether he's a great leader like he said he is. Because of his off pitch disgusting behaviour, you have to be very naive/stupid to be thinking there is no discontentment in the dressing room. If a leader has commanded no respect from those being led, are they still good/great leader?

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
You seem to be very confused here! This thread relates to question whether he's a great leader like he said he is. Because of his off pitch disgusting behaviour, you have to be very naive/stupid to be thinking there is no discontentment in the dressing room. If a leader has commanded no respect from those being led, are they still good/great leader?
Who said he doesn't command respect in the dressing room? You? Are you part of the national squad and are privy to what's going there?The only thing we know so far is that no member of the Englandf squad voiced any concern over Terry getting the armband back and they seem to be getting along fine, with whoever is the captain. Show me one piece of evidence to prove otherwise.

I was replying to a post where he was unfavorably compared to the likes of Cantona and Keane and I used them as an example of how otherwise flawed individuals can still be great leaders on the pitch and command respect among their peers.

Mick1991

Who said he doesn't command respect in the dressing room? You? Are you part of the national squad and are privy to what's going there?The only thing we know so far is that no member of the Englandf squad voiced any concern over Terry getting the armband back and they seem to be getting along fine, with whoever is the captain. Show me one piece of evidence to prove otherwise.

I was replying to a post where he was unfavorably compared to the likes of Cantona and Keane and I used them as an example of how otherwise flawed individuals can still be great leaders on the pitch and command respect among their peers.
I was talking about on the pitch when I made that point.

redevil2

Well, I ask you to show me one piece of evidence to prove he commands respect from the team! If Wayne Bridge was in that room, what do you think of his feeling? You have to be very stupid to think otherwise.

About voicing over concern... again stupid comment. If your boss chose someone to be your supervisor, will you say to the boss you despise that individual? Last year when he's stripped of the armband, there was no one coming out to defend him, why? Same reason as no one voice concern this time.

Get real! You have no argument here.

amolbhatia50k

I don't think a picture of anyone crying has ever given me immense and instant happiness.

(I must add that no picture of anyone crying has ever given me any kind of happiness before)

p_ps_sock

don't remember either of them fecking players wives, or so brazenly using their positions as captain to earn money, or constantly telling everyone what great captains they were, or selling complementary private boxes on the black market, or selling tours around their training ground to anyone with the cash. If you want to know what a leader should be then watch the 99 CL semi second leg at juventus, thats what a leader is.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
don't remember either of them fecking players wives, or so brazenly using their positions as captain to earn money, or constantly telling everyone what great captains they were, or selling complementary private boxes on the black market, or selling tours around their training ground to anyone with the cash. If you want to know what a leader should be then watch the 99 CL semi second leg at juventus, thats what a leader is.
They've done much worse on the pitch than Terry did off it. At least he didn't intentionally try to break an opponent's leg or jump into the stands and beat up a fan.

If we're talking about how players influence young generation that watches them surely what they do on the pitch has more influence than what they do in their private lives.

MacMUFC

And he's such an overrated player.
Mate, I was looking through his individual acheivements the other day and I couldn't believe it. I think he has more than Ferdinand and Vidic combined (in their united years), including the World XI 4 years in a row up until 2009. Utterly obscene.

amolbhatia50k

Mate, I was looking through his individual acheivements the other day and I couldn't believe it. I think he has more than Ferdinand and Vidic combined (in their united years), including the World XI 4 years in a row up until 2009. Utterly obscene.
That's where I guess his attention seeking big man act helps. Other than making him look like a fool I guess.

He's a horrible and vile man.

True, he's a leader on the pitch but just a shame he ruined that by shagging his best mate's girlfriend behind his back. The players will walk out behind him and play for him, he is their captain after all but I seriously doubt they trust him after what happened, and I don't think many will like him.

I know a lot of other footballers aren't saints, including our own but that man has a list of indiscretions the length of the Nile.
Couldn't say it better myself.

redevil2

They've done much worse on the pitch than Terry did off it. At least he didn't intentionally try to break an opponent's leg or jump into the stands and beat up a fan.

If we're talking about how players influence young generation that watches them surely what they do on the pitch has more influence than what they do in their private lives.
You have got to be an utter cnut to be defending JT the way you did. By fecking team mate's wife and abusing his power as captain to make money and illegally selling private boxes of his employer etc are disgusting behaviour one would never in a million year want to teach their children to follow.

And to compare those immoral and illegal activities to some truly great captains who have a passion in football only to lose their calm in difficult situations is laughable beyond belief.

The so called fan being kicked had created the situation by shouting racial remark to provoke a player, whereas none of the victims in JT's terrible deeds have asked for it. He did them all out of total greed and disgrace, which reflects the overall character of this person.

Crustanoid

You have got to be an utter cnut to be defending JT the way you did. By fecking team mate's wife and abusing his power as captain to make money and illegally selling private boxes of his employer etc are disgusting behaviour one would never in a million year want to teach their children to follow.

And to compare those immoral and illegal activities to some truly great captains who have a passion in football only to lose their calm in difficult situations is laughable beyond belief.

The so called fan being kicked had created the situation by shouting racial remark to provoke a player, whereas none of the victims in JT's terrible deeds have asked for it. He did them all out of total greed and disgrace, which reflects the overall character of this person.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Really no logic in defending that vile cnut

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Are we allowed to just make stuff up now? fecking a teamates wife? Jesus.

He slept with a teamates ex girlfriend. There's a massive difference.

amolbhatia50k

Are we allowed to just make stuff up now? fecking a teamates wife? Jesus.

He slept with a teamates ex girlfriend. There's a massive difference.
And mother of his child. There's a massive difference.

amolbhatia50k

It was his ex girlfriend. It was not his wife.
You might as well have just said girl if you wanted to be accurate but not pain the whole picture. I've seen a lot of people use the term ex girlfriend in his defense. That doesn't half explain it.